What BCAAs do you use?

DFA_DFA

Fell off, currently climbing back on the wagon.
Trusted Member
right now im using ON amino energy... I like it has a small kick of stim in it aswell . taste isn't the best tho.

BPI EAA 9 Essential Amino Acids
or
Cellucor ALPHA AMINO

They both often go in clearance on supps source. Got them at a really cheap price.

Got maybe 3-4 tube of each in stock. Taste good and hope they do their job lol

Bit of a mountain dog fanboy, so I use eaas. Right now it’s redcon1, but I will go the cheap route and just get unflavoured ones from cp next time.

EAAs from Canadian Protein. Unflavoured as I hate sucralose and stevia. Tastes like shit but is cheap and gets the job done. Used to use Scivation BCAAs.

I use mutant bcaas. It's actually properly dosed to approx 10g of bcaas. Popeye's has it on sale now and then and their 114 service container is dirt cheap. Love mutant products. I think they're Canadian too.

I've tried all kinds of BCAAs (Allmax, Muscletech, ProSupps Hydro, Red X Lab, XTend, Perfect Sports, Revolution, etc.) and usually go through 2 x 1 L. shaker cups (one serving in each) during a workout. I'd like to give some of these other ones mentioned here a go in the future.

I finally also ordered some EAA's to change it up so I may have one serving of BCAAs and 1 of EAAs each day. I buy other bulk products (Citrulline Malate, Beta Alanine, etc.) and often add it in extra or add it to the pre-workout as well if needed.

The one thing I wanted to mention (& this goes for pre-workout also) is that I hate the companies that mess around with the serving sizes and try to con you. I prefer when in says there's this much in it and you get this many servings so when you do the math it actually is correct.

So many companies try to trick you and they say this much is in a scoop but this much is a daily dose, etc. so now instead of 40 servings you only get 20 if you are trying to get the amounts you are after - not to mention you need a friggin' magnifying glass to read the small print - drives me nuts.

OD

What BCAA's do I use? All 3 of them :)
In Isolation? Just Leucine.
How do I take it? 5g powder (3.5g for guys under 35) on an empty(ish) stomach, followed by a "meal" 10-15 min later that contains all the EAA's. A meal could be any complete protein source or powdered EAA's .

Why? Well the Mountain dog video above does a great job of explaining it or at least part of it.
One thing he does not touch on is the reasoning behind why I take the leucine in isolation. Leucine is the one that actually triggers all the mTOR and synthesis action. It has been proven that the other (both? or just Iso-Leucine? I can't remember...) Branch Chained Amino Acid(s) compete with Leucine in these process' which actually limits the intended result - anabolism.

So with all that in mind I personally think BCAA's are not worth the money. Unfortunately before I pieced this all together I dropped a ton of cash on them, not the worst thing I've ever wasted money on though.

YMMV, cheers