What are your Christmas Traditions???

I have a few. For Christmas dinner I use my grandmother's recipes for all the food so my mom gets a taste of her mother's cooking each Christmas.

Second odd thing: I have to get new socks for Christmas. Its tradition plus who doesn't like a new pair of socks.

Was going to say don’t have one but we also let the kids open one Christmas present on Christmas Eve.

Im from Austria, born and lived there until I was 7, we opened all the gifts on Christmas Eve so we thought it was pretty weird opening them Christmas morning, having the kidlets open one in the eve is kind of a carry forward from my heritage.

My tradition has become to be a chauffeur. There are a seemingly endless amount of dinners with family and friends that my family must attend so I am the sober dd for my wife and kids as I prefer for her to be able to have a drink or two to take the edge off while my plan is to bang out an intense workout on every dinner day and I eat like a horse on everyone else's dime. No alcohol, just an obscene amount of meat and whoever else I can get down.

The other night I had a prime rib the size of a toilet seat at one buffet and piled on top dim sum, smoked salmon, spring rolls, mushroom ravioli, meat balls, and fruit dipped in a chocolate fountain for dessert.

My brother in law flew in yesterday with 6 x 28oz 45day aged sirloin steaks 🤤 can't wait to get into those.

My side of the family is just 1 dinner and watch my brothers kids open gifts.
Her side is much more extensive. I just go where im told and stay in the corner next to all the food until its time to go home
Xmas is usually 10lb gain for me. Comes off after a couple weeks

Go to my parents and spend Christmas Eve, wake up there xmas morn. Siblings and cousins come too. My family likes to drink so it's always entertaining. Wake up and go to the inlaws for Xmas morning. They are a bit more tame and religious, so I take a short nap on the sofa. I've done it so much that it has become a tradition.

The whole thing has been happening for 20+ years and with my parents getting older we can see the end of it. Reminds you to make the most out of it, nothing lasts forever.

Used to enjoy the holiday spirit everywhere in Toronto but now it seems like that doesn’t exist anymore.

I watch a Christmas carol with Patrick Stewart (1999) and the nightmare before Christmas. Drink 2L of eggnog and pig out. That’s my yearly tradition. No more sugars so it’s gonna be boring. Whiskey and cigars were a part of it but it’s been 9 months sober now so it won’t happen. The friends who would invite me for dinner are now divorced so there’s that. Looks like Trudeau ruined Christmas (again) for several reasons for me. Won’t get into detail.

Wishing everyone here at CB a magical Christmas!!!

I used to enjoy having (too many) drinks with friends on x-mas eve. My lifestyle changed quite a few years ago and so did that. Nowadays I exchange gifts with my mom on X-mas morning and then go about my day like any other. This year I'm lucky enough to be sick as a dog and tied down to my bed! Probably a blessing in disguise.. I'm due for some down time.

Was going to say don’t have one but we also let the kids open one Christmas present on Christmas Eve.

Im from Austria, born and lived there until I was 7, we opened all the gifts on Christmas Eve so we thought it was pretty weird opening them Christmas morning, having the kidlets open one in the eve is kind of a carry forward from my heritage.
G'day Mate! Put a little shrimp on the barbie fo me ;)

@Taureau and y'all , nice little heartwarming thread here, Cheers!

We always watch all the classic christmas movies a week or two leading up to christmas.

Then xmas eve we go to inlaws with everyone else for dinner, cards, drinks and then open a gift..

Then xmas morning is just me and my kids/wife and open gifts/breakfast enjoy some down time.. In the afternoon we all join together at inlaws again for dinner and a couple more gifts.

Sometimes on boxing day we all go for a snowmobile ride togehter, but no snow this year.

Ok a real answer.

At work on Christmas eve all the staff get their 2 week pay Christmas bonus, and we drink the 60 or so beer that my suppliers give me every Christmas.

Then usually at 6 am on Christmas morning we open gifts. I pick up my stepson and eat a turkey. Once he gets his money he’s pretty twitchy and wants to get drugs, so he usually doesn’t stick around long.

Then on boxing day we go to Smithsfalls and visit my wifes family. That’s pretty much it.

All the fun Christmas stuff we do earlier, like go to Upper Canada Village, or to the greenhouse by my place that has the whole place full of decorations.

When we lived in Sherwood Park, we would go to Salisbury Greenhouse, that place was always decked out for Christmas, I hear it’s even better now.