Weighted sleds

musclememory

Independently Impoverished
Just tried pushing a sled around today for the first time. I kind of like that. Gave the legs a great pump. Will have to keep that in the rotation for a while. Anyone else use one?

From time to time i do them as a finisher.

Two 40 meter pushes up the turf. Great pump

I only do them occasionally as i am weary of injuring the Achilles tendon. It puts it under a large stretch. That is why i do them as a finisher when everything is fully warmed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made one back in the day from and old car rim and tire and threw some old car batteries on it for weight..lol. definitely improves overall strength

My gym has the sled with handles as well as a flat plate sled that has a single post for plates that has a chain and handles attached. We use them outdoors mostly, either pushing or pulling. Great all around strength building tools. I tend to prefer the flat plate as pushing the sled can aggravate the lower back, but it works so long as I drop the weight.
In addition to a leg movement, I use the sled as a shoulder/tricep/upper chest movement, leaning into the sled then engaging those muscles for a hard push at the end of each step.
As for the plate, excellent for heavy dragging, or reverse and it becomes an explosive back and rear delt movement. Either one allows you to be very dynamic, which is fun, but take it slow if you have had issues with your back.

Just tried pushing a sled around today for the first time. I kind of like that. Gave the legs a great pump. Will have to keep that in the rotation for a while. Anyone else use one?
Awesome for a great leg pump, thighs, claves hams glutes and mid section. Have used them a lot and love them as a prime exercise. if they have a rope harness try pulling the sled as well. With dual ropes and handles you can do flys and great pulls with the sled as well