Ward Smelling Salts Reviews

tricks79

Trusted Member
Hey Team,

A handful of you opted into the Ward Smelling Salts beta batch. I wanted to start a dedicated thread to post reviews of the product, as the original thread is long and cluttered.

Please post 100% honest reviews, good or bad it's how we improve the product, or know we have it perfected.

All beta testers please post your reviews here, as well as anyone who purchases Ward Smelling Salts in the future.

We will have an exclusive promotion for Canadian Brawn members to purchase the final product. Final product ETA is end of May if everything goes according to plan.

Thank you!

I will be the first to post since I have used mine a couple of times. I received my two bottles of smelling salts last week. It was very easy to activate them and use. I have never used smelling salts before but have always wanted to try them. This was the perfect opportunity. Cannot compare to other brands as this is my first go ever, but what I did like is how well this stuff works. It’s very strong and I have to keep it about 12-15 inches away from my nose to inhale it properly. Even at that distance it still hits you like a freight train. It does get you very amped before a set and I find the energy and alertness stay for a bit as well. I keep my bottle in the car as I use it if I feel tired at night while I am driving as well. Also this way it is always with me when I get to the gym. I let a couple buddies of mine try it as well when I was at the gym. One friend has used smelling salts before and said this was the strongest he had ever tried. The other had never used it either but was able to squat his max lift for 8 reps when he could only ever do 4 reps.
I used it a lot pretty much every set I started feeling gassed I would take another huff and bam instant intensity. This stuff is a great product that I will be keeping in my work our stash always. I will be ordering more of ward smelling salts in the future as well. I will keep everyone posted with how long the bottle lasts. My mother in law tried these smelling salts as well and wanted a bottle right away lol. Told her that it’s wasn't available for purchase yet but when it was I would get her a couple bottles. My two buddies from the gym also want me to get them bottles as well. Goes to show how good the product is when everyone who has tried it once from me loves how well it works and wants me to get them bottles lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3ml
Thanks for the detailed review! It means a lot to get such positive feedback.

don't those give "fake strength?"

Also... What do you think of a dude using those to bench 2 plates as I saw? Dunno if it's warranted?

They give a rush of adrenaline. Basically it irritates your nasal passages and your bodies natural response to that irritation is a sudden adrenal response.

adrenaline lets you perform. It can help you break plateaus, hit new limits.

Should you use it on every set? No. Final sets for max intensity, or PRs are the ideal use.

Hockey players use it before jumping on the ice for their shift.

It's especially popular among any competitive sport. Watch every major strongman, powerlifting, olympic lifting etc competitor before they step on stage. They're all utilizing ammonia to outperform their own natural limits.

All those feats of strength stories you read about a mom saving their child in danger, adrenaline.

Also... What do you think of a dude using those to bench 2 plates as I saw? Dunno if it's warranted?
As far as the guy benching 2 plates, that maybe a plateau for him, that maybe his huge lift. Who are we to judge. I think something is warranted if it helps you break through a plateau and make progress in your training.

I will say thou that you do slowly start to build a tolerance to it and you'll find yourself putting your nose closer and closer to the bottle. So like anything, to get the most bang for your buck keep your body desensitized by using it when you really need it and not every single set.

I like what Lumberjack said about using it when he feels he's fading in the gym, running out of energy. Take a hit, get that adrenal response and finish your workout strong. No bitching out and going home early, no half ass reps.

My bench is weak as hell as I get back into lifting again and I use my salts with 2 plates... Very arrogant to think you need to benching huge weight to use something that stimulates your senses.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I've used mine a few times now. And also I can't compare to other brands.

But I train at 6am empty stomach and I've used the salts for rack pulls and bench so far and I'm very impressed. Makes you very alert for about 1min or less for me but it initially makes me rage for that 45 seconds feels great.

I've been off gear and off the gym for a very very long time and just getting back Into the swing of things and when you fall off the wagon as bad as I did motivation is very low trying to gain back what I loss and this product 100% helps me get my mental state back into "let's fucking do this"

No it doesn't make you stronger , no it's not a miracle that increases your bench 200%. But it does what it's sposed to do and will give you a wicked kick of adrenaline.

Funny cuz I've broken my nose so much that only my left nostril works. And when I whiff this I swear I feel it hitting just the left side of my brain... I'm sure it's in my head but found it kinds funny.

I've used mine a few times now. And also I can't compare to other brands.
I've been off gear and off the gym for a very very long time and just getting back Into the swing of things and when you fall off the wagon as bad as I did motivation is very low trying to gain back what I loss and this product 100% helps me get my mental state back into "let's fucking do this"

Intensity is everything. Thanks for the review, really appreciate you trying the product. Hope you make back all your gains and then some.

Funny cuz I've broken my nose so much that only my left nostril works. And when I whiff this I swear I feel it hitting just the left side of my brain... I'm sure it's in my head but found it kinds funny.
From my premed brother:
you have two separate olfactory nerve bulbs, one on each side of the brain. Both branch out to their respective nostrils (i.e, left olfactory bulb connects to left nostril and left side of brain). So if his right olfactory pathway doesn't work (has been severed or impinged due to trauma), then it's not crazy that he would feel it "just hitting the left side" of his brain. They are separate pathways.

My bench is weak as hell as I get back into lifting again and I use my salts with 2 plates... Very arrogant to think you need to benching huge weight to use something that stimulates your senses.

using an ace card on a weak hand was never something I looked upon as being good.

First of all I’d like to thank @tricks79 for letting me test out his great new product

The label is great good slogan on it bottled insanity!

Priming the bottle simple easy instructions

Now for the fun part. I’ve never used smelling salts before so I was conservative to start. I kept the bottle about 12 inches from my nose and just breathed in a small amount. All I can say is wow! It was like lightening in my brain and a kick in the ass. I used it near the end of my heavy chest night I was dragging a bit of ass to get to my last heaviest set, so pulled out the bottle and within a second I was ready to push max weight. It was good enough that instead of doing one last set at max weight I did 3 sets of 3.

I will definitely be using ward smelling salts from here on out on my heavy days when I need that extra kick in the pants. I highly suggest getting your hands on a bottle! Not only because it’s an amazing product, but to support a Canadian business and a fellow member of this board!

using an ace card on a weak hand was never something I looked upon as being good.
Same with a great song that gets you jack up in the head phones for that last set?

I'm not trying to convince you of anything just generally curious on your opinion brother.

First of all I’d like to thank @tricks79 for letting me test out his great new product

The label is great good slogan on it bottled insanity!

Priming the bottle simple easy instructions

Now for the fun part. I’ve never used smelling salts before so I was conservative to start. I kept the bottle about 12 inches from my nose and just breathed in a small amount. All I can say is wow! It was like lightening in my brain and a kick in the ass. I used it near the end of my heavy chest night I was dragging a bit of ass to get to my last heaviest set, so pulled out the bottle and within a second I was ready to push max weight. It was good enough that instead of doing one last set at max weight I did 3 sets of 3.

I will definitely be using ward smelling salts from here on out on my heavy days when I need that extra kick in the pants. I highly suggest getting your hands on a bottle! Not only because it’s an amazing product, but to support a Canadian business and a fellow member of this board!

Thanks for the kind words man! Glad it's working well for you.

A quick update, my first bottle is still running just as strong as the first day. It’s been about 2 weeks and I use them often for many purposes other then just at the gym. I also get asked to try them a lot by friends and family. I am still loving them. Great for many uses. Still waiting on someone to faint so I can try and revive them with the bottles insanity 😂

Same with a great song that gets you jack up in the head phones for that last set?

OMG, is this what I'm dealing with? For real?
I suppose you needed gear to bench 2 plates too huh? Pathetic....

OMG, is this what I'm dealing with? For real?
I suppose you needed gear to bench 2 plates too huh? Pathetic....
This is a thread to review a product, not to flame each other.
Lets keep things civil and on topic. Thanks.