Vitamin D and estrogen/testosterone,etc.

Goldenrod

Staff member
We don't get enough sun in parts of Canada and it is freezing cold so vitamin supplements are cheap, easily accessible, and one of the best vitamins to take for health (IMO). One of good friends mentioned using high dose Vitamin D for estrogen control. Never heard of it but I take much higher than the food guides recommended amount and never had a problem estrogen.
Considering so many people have estrogen issues, even on TRT - I started reading on supplements we might normally take, but need a higher dose that isn't harmful, to control E.
This is a small study on women: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19916051/
Keep in mind many use B-6 (P-5-P) for prolactin control it is mainly based on a study for women. Any web page that is also selling something, I take with skepticism but it can send me down a rabbit hole which ends up with learning more.

https://www.avogel.co.uk/food/how-does-vitamin-d-affect-your-hormones/ - I found a one year study on men and a 20% increase in testosterone pretty significant but this was supposed to be about estrogen as I am looking for a vitamin I take anyway and will help estrogen. Never needed an AI or SERM and have used low to moderate cycles over an extended period and I figured I was just lucky.

I can't access some of the pages I want to and read their information as I use a VPN and it detects it and won't let me in. If anyone has anything to add please do. The question for me is how much do we need to take. I have heard 10,000 IU's thrown around and higher doses. 5000 is normal when 400 was normal before.

Just food for thought.

I take 2000 iu summer and 3000 iu winter. Have never heard of the correlation with E2 so have not tracked when doing BW.

Interesting theory. my E2 has been lower on trt last few years. I know for sure dhea lowers E2 for me(significantly over time). But since stopping that a year ago E2 increased but not to same level as previous….maybe vit D does help. If yes it’s pretty minor

I regularly take about 10,000iu vitamin d, i have very little need for an AI on cycle, no need for it on trt dosages. But i too never tracked it with blood work and I took this much vitamin d before i started using gear

Still, this is very interesting.

Todays edition of G1 is weird.(maybe?)

I chase a certain Serum level, that being around 190 nmol/l or 76 ng/ml. Over the years that has hovered around the 2/3 mark of lab range
My need for supplemental D has been increasing in the last 10-15 years. I'd have to dig some shit up to be accurate but 15-20 years ago I needed 5000iu daily. In 2015 I needed to bump it up to 6000. Somewhere between then and 2022 I had to go to 8000. Recent bloodwork suggests that I needed 10000 which I have gone to.
Not sure if this is a common thing or not. Also I cannot remember when I added K2 sup to the mix. I believe that K2 addition has played an important role in my CV disease plateau or improvement which is some plaque buildup. Slightly more than expected for a man of my age 15 years ago and now slightly less than before and behind the curve for a man of my age today.

Also @Goldenrod did you see the other thread by Bags? https://www.canadianbrawn.com/threa...gh-enough-for-heart-health.12577/#post-292040