Urine strips and what I realized

Sorbate

Board Dumbass
Trusted Member
So I bought some urine strips to see what was up after I got a blood test (urine test) and noticed that I had minimal protien in my urine.

I looked it up and heavy weight training will cause this to happen and that the average in humans is 0-15 and I was 3, so no worries.

So then I was going to take austragulus to see if I could get the 3 to a zero because in studies it has been proven in badly damaged kidneys to reduce protienura
Not sure what it would do for healthy kidneys, but man I got hot taking it, so I am going to try again in the winter when I am cold all the time.

So what have I noticed.

My supplement (pill regiment) will have you showing acidic urine 5 on the ph level. I noticed this because when I didn’t take any pills when gone on holidays, I tested my ph when I got home and it was 7. I still ate more or less he same items in the same ratio while on holidays. But lack of training could have helped with this. I will test later on with everything constant to make sure, but I am pretty sure my hypothesis is correct.

As a side note, the bubbles in my pee pretty much went away since I wasn’t taking my pills. So no worries there, the pills cause the bubbling 😏

Now other thing I noticed, after leg training (right now I am training with short very intense workouts) that I have blood (cannot see it, but the strip can read it) in my urine. It is a very low level, I looked this up as well and there is a study that shows that heavy training will cause this (study was done on healthy people average age 30), so its normal. So nothing to be conserned about even Dr. Google said that it was normal. It also only happens the day after, and by the day after that, the blood is gone.

I have come to the conclusion that when my pee is cloudy, that is the blood. You can not see the couldiness in the toilet, but when you pee in a cup.

Now on chest day, or arm day or shoulder day, this does not occur. I guess squats really do tax the body hard. I have not trained back in like 5 years, but will check again when I start to do deadlifts again next week.

Mind you I do notice after leg day, I am drained the next day. Like really drained. I hit it really hard so it takes a lot out of me. But I am getting great growth and I am gaining either reps or weight on every training session.

Ok as a side note.

Since I quit smoking and changed to vaping.

I used to check my blood oxygen levels regulary, normally it would be 95/94. Now I have beeen reading 97 constantly.
No change in blood pressure, still averaging 127/82, heart rate has reduced a bit from mid 80’s to mid 70’s, not rested mind you, just my normal heart rate.

I have noticed my cardio capacity has greatly improved, I increased the level and my speed on the elipitical machine and my legs do not burn nearly as much as before. Even some days I don’t wear my sleep apnea mask.

I was thinking about getting a o2 monitor for at night to compare mask days to non mask days.

I will quit vaping eventually as well, but I am already happy with the results.

I knew smoking was bad, but never realized how bad of an impact it had on your body.

Anyhow just puting up some useless information, lol, just thought I’d share. I like running these experiments.

So this makes me think. Is really heavy weight training really good for the body? It seems to put a lot of strain on it. I would bet, moderate cardio mixed with circuit training with lower protein levels would be far better.

Now I won’t stop heavy training., just making an observation.

Last edited:
So I bought some urine strips to see what was up after I got a blood test (urine test) and noticed that I had minimal protien in my urine.

I looked it up and heavy weight training will cause this to happen and that the average in humans is 0-15 and I was 3, so no worries.

So then I was going to take austragulus to see if I could get the 3 to a zero because in studies it has been proven in badly damaged kidneys to reduce protienura
Not sure what it would do for healthy kidneys, but man I got hot taking it, so I am going to try again in the winter when I am cold all the time.

So what have I noticed.

My supplement (pill regiment) will have you showing acidic urine 5 on the ph level. I noticed this because when I didn’t take any pills when gone on holidays, I tested my ph when I got home and it was 7. I still ate more or less he same items in the same ratio while on holidays. But lack of training could have helped with this. I will test later on with everything constant to make sure, but I am pretty sure my hypothesis is correct.

As a side note, the bubbles in my pee pretty much went away since I wasn’t taking my pills. So no worries there, the pills cause the bubbling 😏

Now other thing I noticed, after leg training (right now I am training with short very intense workouts) that I have blood (cannot see it, but the strip can read it) in my urine. It is a very low level, I looked this up as well and there is a study that shows that heavy training will cause this (study was done on healthy people average age 30), so its normal. So nothing to be conserned about even Dr. Google said that it was normal. It also only happens the day after, and by the day after that, the blood is gone.

I have come to the conclusion that when my pee is cloudy, that is the blood. You can not see the couldiness in the toilet, but when you pee in a cup.

Now on chest day, or arm day or shoulder day, this does not occur. I guess squats really do tax the body hard. I have not trained back in like 5 years, but will check again when I start to do deadlifts again next week.

Mind you I do notice after leg day, I am drained the next day. Like really drained. I hit it really hard so it takes a lot out of me. But I am getting great growth and I am gaining either reps or weight on every training session.

Ok as a side note.

Since I quit smoking and changed to vaping.

I used to check my blood oxygen levels regulary, normally it would be 95/94. Now I have beeen reading 97 constantly.
No change in blood pressure, still averaging 127/82, heart rate has reduced a bit from mid 80’s to mid 70’s, not rested mind you, just my normal heart rate.

I have noticed my cardio capacity has greatly improved, I increased the level and my speed on the elipitical machine and my legs do not burn nearly as much as before. Even some days I don’t wear my sleep apnea mask.

I was thinking about getting a o2 monitor for at night to compare mask days to non mask days.

I will quit vaping eventually as well, but I am already happy with the results.

I knew smoking was bad, but never realized how bad of an impact it had on your body.

Anyhow just puting up some useless information, lol, just thought I’d share. I like running these experiments.

So this makes me think. Is really heavy weight training really good for the body? It seems to put a lot of strain on it. I would bet, moderate cardio mixed with circuit training with lower protein levels would be far better.

Now I won’t stop heavy training., just making an observation.
This info is from my Fitbit I have the "Charge 5"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230910-233658~2.png
    Screenshot_20230910-233658~2.png
    137.5 KB · Views: 7
That’s what I want to check. To see if I need it anymore, it’s kinda a pain to wear.
I was 320lbs when mine was prescribed. I sleep pretty good and have dreams when below 270 im 250 right now. The Fitbit does monitor the oxygen variability throughout the night I want to see if that line flattens out with the CPAP but I need to clean my mask and tubes it's been sitting for a long time.

Mine when I was about 266
Screenshot_20230911-142249.png
Mine now at 250Screenshot_20230911-142145.png less time with high variability probably because I'm breathing better

I know why I am wearing a mask. 80% from my years of smoking, 20% because I’m 50lbs heavier than my dad or brother and we are all pretty much the same.
Are those graphs from your Fitbit as well?

I know why I am wearing a mask. 80% from my years of smoking, 20% because I’m 50lbs heavier than my dad or brother and we are all pretty much the same.
Are those graphs from your Fitbit as well?
Yes it also monitors other metrics if you pay for premium, it comes with 6 months premium but I didn't think it was.worth it.