Update and looking for help - Onmen and Trubalance

Bobrebooted

Trusted Member
Update on my situation. Had my initial consult with Trubalance, they did extensive bloodwork, way more than Onmen. They then proceeded to change pretty much everything. I was on 110 mg of cyp weekly, which I was splitting into two shots a week. They wanted me to change to 55mg of Ethanate (200mg/ml). once a week instead. They also put me on a pile of vitamins from their own pharmacy. zinc, b-12, magnesium, I can't even remember them all. Also told me to stop taking aromasin (said men need estrogen) and put me on dhea. Within a month I completely felt like shit. I haven't had sex since we started this, zero desire and I couldn't get it up even if the desire was there. I actually feel pretty much exactly like I felt before I started TRT altogether, the only difference is I'm covered in fucking acne all over the place. My scalp, face, chest and back. I feel like I've gone completely backwards. I emailed in around two weeks ago, they did call back right away which was encouraging, but their answer was to cut back my test to 30mg a week and stop the dhea. By the time I got through their consult, paid for the extra bloodwork and bought the supps they wanted, I was out close to a grand and literally feel worse than I did when I started this whole thing a year and a half ago. Oh yeah, they also decided to shorten my first checkup from three months to two, which would be encouraging except they bumped up their rates from 195 to 225. To top it off, I relocated across the country to BC and have no idea what my options are out here. I'm so fucking discouraged.

Yea they know there hooking us up with what we want and they're happy to milk the f out of it. You can probably do phone appointments and just blood work at your local blood place hospital or wherever it is that's what I do. I'd tell them you aren't satisfied with your dose your not feeling great etc they shouldn't want to loose any paying customers

What did your test come back at on 55mg/week? Were you high on the 110mg/week?
Seems like a drastic drop unless they expect the dhea to be helping.
Thanks for the review. Donna seems like a used car salesman lol

What did your test come back at on 55mg/week? Were you high on the 110mg/week?
Seems like a drastic drop unless they expect the dhea to be helping.
Thanks for the review. Donna seems like a used car salesman lol
It's actually the same because the .55 ml of test is at 200mg/ml and the 1.1ml of cyp is at 100mg/ml

Yes you lost us, i think i get what you're saying but to be certain please clarify your total weekly test dose in MG.

Its likely the dhea causing the acne and hormone related imbalances. Some guys swear by dhea but I've never found a benefit and always broke out badly like a 15 year old girl on it. Could also be stopping the ai. Weird someone would need a ai on 110mg though do you know what your estradiol was pre and post AI? Only way to know for sure is blood work again at a cost.

.55ml of test at 200mg/ml = 110mg of test. That's what my new dose with the Ethanate is. My old script was 1.1ml of test at 100mg/ml = 110mg of test. My total weekly test dose stayed the same, the only change was the type of testosterone they are prescribing me. My estradiol was definitely high before I started AI, and was low while I was on it. I can dig up my December bloodwork for exact numbers, but it's kinda pointless as she made me stop the AI anyways.

I'm with them, my script is.

1.5mg Arimdex weekly
.55ml Test E
50mg DHEA everyday

They just sent my script in for the year and said see you in January, they prescribed me some vitamins as well but the only thing I did was up my vitamin D, I'm feeling great so far.

Last edited:
I'm with them, my script is.

1.5mg Arimdex weekly
.55ml Test E
50mg DHEA everyday

They just sent my script in for the year and said see you in January, they prescribed me some vitamins as well but the only thing I did was up my vitamin D, I'm feeling great so far.
She had me on only 10mg DHEA daily, but told me to stop taking it two weeks ago when I told them how shitty I've been feeling. I was also on .55ml of test E, she told me to drop to .30ml. I was also on aromasin before, but when I switched to Trubalance she told me to stop taking it altogether. I can't find the bottle right now due to the move.

She had me on only 10mg DHEA daily, but told me to stop taking it two weeks ago when I told them how shitty I've been feeling. I was also on .55ml of test E, she told me to drop to .30ml. I was also on aromasin before, but when I switched to Trubalance she told me to stop taking it altogether. I can't find the bottle right now due to the move.
Hopefully you get it figured out man nothing worse then when things arent going right, my experience has been postive so far but I should add I am having a bit more acne then usual for sure.

.55ml of test at 200mg/ml = 110mg of test. That's what my new dose with the Ethanate is. My old script was 1.1ml of test at 100mg/ml = 110mg of test. My total weekly test dose stayed the same, the only change was the type of testosterone they are prescribing me. My estradiol was definitely high before I started AI, and was low while I was on it. I can dig up my December bloodwork for exact numbers, but it's kinda pointless as she made me stop the AI anyways.
Sorry guys just got confused because in your original post you put mg instead of ml.

"They wanted me to change to 55mg of Ethanate (200mg/ml). once a week instead"

You likely converted more test into estrogen, and the dhea may have contributed to that. If you can find your AI start taking it again.

This is why I do my own trt. If I had to travel for work, then I would have to go the legal route, but for now i am happy.

Update on my situation. Had my initial consult with Trubalance, they did extensive bloodwork, way more than Onmen. They then proceeded to change pretty much everything. I was on 110 mg of cyp weekly, which I was splitting into two shots a week. They wanted me to change to 55mg of Ethanate (200mg/ml). once a week instead. They also put me on a pile of vitamins from their own pharmacy. zinc, b-12, magnesium, I can't even remember them all. Also told me to stop taking aromasin (said men need estrogen) and put me on dhea. Within a month I completely felt like shit. I haven't had sex since we started this, zero desire and I couldn't get it up even if the desire was there. I actually feel pretty much exactly like I felt before I started TRT altogether, the only difference is I'm covered in fucking acne all over the place. My scalp, face, chest and back. I feel like I've gone completely backwards. I emailed in around two weeks ago, they did call back right away which was encouraging, but their answer was to cut back my test to 30mg a week and stop the dhea. By the time I got through their consult, paid for the extra bloodwork and bought the supps they wanted, I was out close to a grand and literally feel worse than I did when I started this whole thing a year and a half ago. Oh yeah, they also decided to shorten my first checkup from three months to two, which would be encouraging except they bumped up their rates from 195 to 225. To top it off, I relocated across the country to BC and have no idea what my options are out here. I'm so fucking discouraged.

Is this tubalane out of edmotnon? https://www.mytruebalance.ca/ ??

If so, you need to understand the person you talk to on the phone is NOT the doctor or even a LP nurse... The person you talk to is just some person they train to be a "coach"...

I did my stuff through them because all the doctors in town left here..

anyways, I did the same blood work as you did.. And on the inital phone call I got irrate mad at what the lady was telling me.. she literally knew nothing and just kept reffering to her husband whom she says was a bodybuilder 30 years ago.. At one point I stopped her and told her to refund my money because she was giving such awful advice/wouldn't listen to me (I was alrrady 5 years on TRT through U of A endochrinologist).. She was floored when I told her to stop talking and refind my money while I waited on the phone.. Long story short I ended up talking to their LP.. I flat out asked if the lady I was talking to had any formal medical training (doctor or nruse) and she told me no, she was just a coach and admittied she should not being giving my prescription/doses/ recommendations for meds etc.. I also mentioned that Im guessing its illegal for their coach to be telling me what my prescriptions would be.. she agreed and said they would speak to that person as she crossed the line many times with me.

Sadly, I think this is how these places operate.. 1 dr over seeing the clinic and they sign the scripts.. but its coaches who go over your bloods and recommend your prescriptions.. And they always follow up with a LP after you do the phone convo with their coaches.. I think the LP following up and asking "how do you feel about where we would like to go with you?" kind of covers them legally to do what they do.

I ended up staying with TB, but we agreed I would never talk to a life coach of theirs again and I would only speak to the LP or doctor. It's actually been ok with them.. I Am getting a anti E and I thikn It was needed since my estrogen was 135ish.. and once my blood work all got sorted out, I only have to speak to them and do bloods once a year for another year of prescriptions. All the dr in town would only give me 3 months worth of prescriptions and they would want blood work each time usually..

If it helps, I'm on 150mg T4, 0.75 aridmeix a week, 100mg cyp a week, 100mg DHEA a week..

Looking at your blood work, the part they have wrong is the test.. you should demand to talk to the LP or dr and tell them your 110 test is needed., do you have blood work to support your levels needing 110 mg ???

How you feel in this moment, what it sounds like is you're getting real / better care. This isn't magic and you have dial things in. But as you say, they do a lot more testing at the start than onmen. So clearly you were deficient in a lot of areas - which makes me think you have a bunch of stuff going on or maybe just a very poor diet. The acne is probably from your yo-yo'ing estrogen.

IME - it takes months for hormones to normalize and really gauge how things are going. I think it's normal to expect from sides if you're making a big change (in your case Estrogen and DHEA)

They're putting you on an early follow up because you're situation is complicated. Instead of seeing them as an advisory - tell them how you feel and where you want to be and let them help you get dialed in.