UFC 273 - Volkanovski vs Korean Zombie

Bolton73

Trusted Member
Who do you guys got on this card?

For the main event, I'm not really that interested in it. It was interesting when it was Volk vs Holloway. But with Zombie as the replacement, i might not even watch the fight. Either way, I've got Volk winning this one easily.

I've got Yan winning the rematch against Sterling. I was watching Robert Whitaker getting interviewed about this fight, and i think he put it perfectly: in their first fight, Sterling didn't win the fight, Yan lost it.

Khamzat vs Burns is the fight I'm most interested in. Its hard to know what to make of Khamzat, because he hasn't faced even the slightest adversity yet. He hasn't even been hit one single time in his 4 UFC fights. But I'll go with Khamzat on this one.

Other than these, the only other fight I'm really looking at is the Vinc Pichel - Mark Madsen fight. I don't know who to choose on this one. I might go with Madsen. Pinchel had serious problems when he faced Gillespie (who was a Division 1 wrestler). He was manhandled the whole fight. So now he's fighting Madsen who was an Olympic silver medalist - so the fight may go the same way ... or not. Either way, I'm picking Madsen.

Who do you guys got on this card?

For the main event, I'm not really that interested in it. It was interesting when it was Volk vs Holloway. But with Zombie as the replacement, i might not even watch the fight. Either way, I've got Volk winning this one easily.

I've got Yan winning the rematch against Sterling. I was watching Robert Whitaker getting interviewed about this fight, and i think he put it perfectly: in their first fight, Sterling didn't win the fight, Yan lost it.

Khamzat vs Burns is the fight I'm most interested in. Its hard to know what to make of Khamzat, because he hasn't faced even the slightest adversity yet. He hasn't even been hit one single time in his 4 UFC fights. But I'll go with Khamzat on this one.

Other than these, the only other fight I'm really looking at is the Vinc Pichel - Mark Madsen fight. I don't know who to choose on this one. I might go with Madsen. Pinchel had serious problems when he faced Gillespie (who was a Division 1 wrestler). He was manhandled the whole fight. So now he's fighting Madsen who was an Olympic silver medalist - so the fight may go the same way ... or not. Either way, I'm picking Madsen.
I agree with all your picks
Volk
Yan
Khamzat
Madsen
Garry

Ok my two cents:
Volkanovski by KO...Just superior in all ranges
Yan pulverizes Sterling....Sterling will look good for one round and then crumble under the pressure
Burns by decision...Chimaev is good and if he can keep it standing maybe but Burns is a much better grappler and strong AF.
Dern via submission
Vinc Pichel - Mark Madsen...You are very correct @Bolton73, i have no idea who will win this one...good fight.

Ok my two cents:
Volkanovski by KO...Just superior in all ranges
Yan pulverizes Sterling....Sterling will look good for one round and then crumble under the pressure
Burns by decision...Chimaev is good and if he can keep it standing maybe but Burns is a much better grappler and strong AF.
Dern via submission
Vinc Pichel - Mark Madsen...You are very correct @Bolton73, i have no idea who will win this one...good fight.
I agree. On the feet, the favor sways in Khamzat's direction. On the ground, it could go more in Burns' favor. But I've never really seen how strong the level of Khamzat's ground game is. If his ground-and-pound lives up to the hype, who knows how Burns will react. Like Tyson said "Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the face."

One thing for sure. I believe this fight is a lot closer than the betting odds reflect. Khamzat is as high as a -550 favorite. Looks like they may be sleeping on Burns. No way he's a +400 dog.

I agree. On the feet, the favor sways in Khamzat's direction. On the ground, it could go more in Burns' favor. But I've never really seen how strong the level of Khamzat's ground game is. If his ground-and-pound lives up to the hype, who knows how Burns will react. Like Tyson said "Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the face."

One thing for sure. I believe this fight is a lot closer than the betting odds reflect. Khamzat is as high as a -550 favorite. Looks like they may be sleeping on Burns. No way he's a +400 dog.

The odds make no sense…he was 3rd at nationals in wrestling in Sweden and Burns was 3rd in the WORLD in grappling at ADCC.

He might be great one day but his pedigree does not support yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The odds make no sense…he was 3rd at nationals in wrestling in Sweden and Burns was 3rd in the WORLD in grappling at ADCC.

He might be great one day but his pedigree does not support yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The difference for me was khazmat actually finished all his fights. but burns has faced way better fighters id say.

Burns - Khamzat was an awesome fight!

Unfortunately, some of the other fights had some pretty poor decisions. Bad judging has been getting more and more common - to the point where I'm just not enjoying the sport anymore. Might take a break from watching it for a few months or so.

But the Khamzat - Burns fight almost makes me change my mind :sneaky: