Tingling pinky fingers and muscle twitches

From what I've heard it's good to get almost 5 g of potassium in you a day.
Minerals and hydration are complicated thing in my mind vigorous Steve did a video and it was too much for me to grasp.
I don't supplement with calcium either maybe I should I don't know, and K2 will help get the calcium where it belongs (out of your soft tissue and into the bones)
I also supplement with iodine (Lugol's brand) and my thyroid has always been okay I think a lot of guys are sleeping on that one it's expensive but mandatory.
And I'm not a fan of table salt, Himalayan or Celtic is the way to go!
Cream of tartar is apparently potassium but I've never tried it get that in the baked goods aisle!

From what I've heard it's good to get almost 5 g of potassium in you a day.
Minerals and hydration are complicated thing in my mind vigorous Steve did a video and it was too much for me to grasp.
I don't supplement with calcium either maybe I should I don't know, and K2 will help get the calcium where it belongs (out of your soft tissue and into the bones)
I also supplement with iodine (Lugol's brand) and my thyroid has always been okay I think a lot of guys are sleeping on that one it's expensive but mandatory.
And I'm not a fan of table salt, Himalayan or Celtic is the way to go!
Cream of tartar is apparently potassium but I've never tried it get that in the baked goods aisle!
Actually the iodine is the only reason I stick with table salt. Thanks for the info brother I'll look more into the potassium for sure. I've been slacking on it I though Mayne out of all minerals calcium and potassium were the risky ones if taken too much I might be wrong though or maybe just heard it but never looked into it.

Does anybody ever get tingling in hands and pinky fingers on both hands at the same time or uncontrollable muscle twitches that last off and on for over a week? Not sure what it is or why. I've got muscle relaxers but I think I might have pinched a nerve. I've also quit caffeine lately so that might somewhat cover the muscle twitches but it's intense my entire tricep twice so much it almost shakes my arm. Same muscle all the time. I've also had a twisted torticollis lately from something happening while over head pressing. Ffs getting old sucks

I waited til some answers came in on purpose. I 've had some of these issues - tingling pinky and ring finger being the most common, have it right now. Twitches that have lasted an hour or so, multiple and ongoing neck injuries. Lots of trauma to head and neck which makes pinpointing any of this impossible. I've posted multiple times over the years about neck injuries and training, might have been on the old site but you could search that with my name here for deeper thoughts. I think taking care of your neck should be a huge priority, training need not be heavy.
Lots of good stuff itt, I'm just gonna throw out a handful of thought that might interest you and might have already been said too. Lots of work to go down in one road so just opinions I've formed with no backup, have atter if something catches you.

Remain calm, zero chance of worrying your way out of this. Make a plan and proceed with it.
Twitches- often caused by a chemical imbalance at the nerve junction.
Dr, Chiro, imaging, bloods etc
I use Half-Salt, same type of thing as animal posted but 1/2 table salt. 1/2 pott
Very unlikely any bodybuilder with a decent diet need to supplement calcium
Many meds can deplete pottasium, diuretics for one.
Use Iodized salt?,@Heraclitus ?
Mag, pott, calcium etc is very much dependent on balance
Lots of people who drive for a living have shit posture all day and don't move around enough, starts to wear out spine and bone contact points. Same places are in contact for years while sitting on a vibrator all day.

My slowness caught me out again, last two posts up since I started this one, good on you

@gondar1 , not sure why you tagged me?
I was only replying to @animal-inside question of why thyroxine status might affect muscle fibers.
far too many possible causes of paresthesia for me to speculate on what's causing the OPS, so didn't comment on it. Lots of good advice in the thread already to not worry about it, but get it checked out.

I will comment on the Mg,K,Ca balance though.
a good friend of mine has Addison's disease, and as well as not making cortisol they can't make aldosterone. What they learned from living with this, is as long as they consumed enough sodium the other salts would be be kept in balance.
If they didn't then their electrolytes would become unbalanced as their body would start to dump the other salts in an attempt to maintain blood volume.

the short of it, if you're getting enough sodium, you're less likely to be low on the others.

Last edited:
@gondar1 , not sure why you tagged me?
sorry for the confusion, I had a quick reread through the thread before posting and saw both thyroid and iodine mentioned. Stopped to eat and I guess I jammed those terms together and associated it with your post then tagged you figuring you might have some insight. Consider it a compliment :)

sorry for the confusion, I had a quick reread through the thread before posting and saw both thyroid and iodine mentioned. Stopped to eat and I guess I jammed those terms together and associated it with your post then tagged you figuring you might have some insight. Consider it a compliment :)
Ah.
Yes the iodine/thyroid connection would require it's own thread entirely.
Short of frank deficiency on one end and overt toxicity on the other, I think it's very individualized on how one responds. Form appears to matter too, such as iodine vs iodide.

Last edited: