Thoughts on Leafs landing O'Reilly

The biggest thing is giving up their first round. They didn't give up any high-end prospects and they managed to leave some room on the cap to potentially add some defensive help. He may not be what he was, but he definitely adds depth as he will most likely push back some talent to the 4th line.

I'm always iffy about trade deadline trades. It fails more often than it works as far as cup wins go, but I suppose there is a financial aspect to it as well. The longer the run the more money the team makes. It also shows your core that the team is willing to do what it takes to win and perhaps makes players stick around.

For the run, I think it's a great move. They really need to get out of the first round, if Dubas does nothing and they don't he's could be gone.

I'm not a leafs fan either, but I would like to see the cup in Canada for once.

GO JETS GO!

O Reilly brings alot you dont see. Hes one of the best defensive centers in the league. Wins faceoffs, good on the penalty kill. Plays on the power play, plus hes a big body. But, Hes definitely not in his prime. I dont like the leafs at all. But Id like to see them go out first round..lol. East is too strong this year.

The biggest thing is giving up their first round. They didn't give up any high-end prospects and they managed to leave some room on the cap to potentially add some defensive help. He may not be what he was, but he definitely adds depth as he will most likely push back some talent to the 4th line.

I'm always iffy about trade deadline trades. It fails more often than it works as far as cup wins go, but I suppose there is a financial aspect to it as well. The longer the run the more money the team makes. It also shows your core that the team is willing to do what it takes to win and perhaps makes players stick around.

For the run, I think it's a great move. They really need to get out of the first round, if Dubas does nothing and they don't he's could be gone.

I'm not a leafs fan either, but I would like to see the cup in Canada for once.

GO JETS GO!
The Jets have won as many cups as the Leafs have in my lifetime 🤣 And I’m 54.
Love that we can use our fire stick here in Florida to catch our Jets and Habs games. Love my fiancé, but she is a Habs fan 🙈🤣

The Jets have won as many cups as the Leafs have in my lifetime 🤣 And I’m 54.
Love that we can use our fire stick here in Florida to catch our Jets and Habs games. Love my fiancé, but she is a Habs fan 🙈🤣
Ya, I'm not really confident the jets will do it in my lifetime, It's nice to have a team to cheer for tho.

NHL needs to have a way to balance pay for players. With no tax breaks in Canada, I don't really see us ever getting a cup back here. Teams that win or are competitive every year are teams from states with no tax.

Ya, I'm not really confident the jets will do it in my lifetime, It's nice to have a team to cheer for tho.

NHL needs to have a way to balance pay for players. With no tax breaks in Canada, I don't really see us ever getting a cup back here. Teams that win or are competitive every year are teams from states with no tax.
Plus Bettman doesn't like canada. He wants the cup down there. Same with Bedard, I dont see him playing in canada. Hes gonna save a franchise in the US.