The Relationship Between Plant-Based Diet and Risk of Digestive System Cancers: A Meta-Analysis Based on 3,059,009 Subjects

Problem is when someone has an auto immune digestive disease and cant digest much veggies anymore. Poisined to the point we cant be healthy if we wanted.šŸ˜¢

My question is was it the higher fibre?
This kind of study can never show causation.
Nothing new here,
It's just another MOOSE study looking again at the same old studies over and over.
It does a better job than most in controlling bias to the best extent possible but still, garbage in garbage out.

Couple highlights from it,
The majority of studies used in this meta-analysis included red meat, poultry and fish as components of a "plant based diet" e.g. Mediterranean and DASH diet

No association was found for poultry or fish.

No association was found eating red meat up to 3 times per week.

The discussion section of this paper is tediously bothersome, as they make numerous suppositions and statements that are not supported or even implied by the included data. Almost like it was written by ChatGPT.

This kind of study can never show causation.
Nothing new here,
It's just another MOOSE study looking again at the same old studies over and over.
It does a better job than most in controlling bias to the best extent possible but still, garbage in garbage out.

Couple highlights from it,
The majority of studies used in this meta-analysis included red meat, poultry and fish as components of a "plant based diet" e.g. Mediterranean and DASH diet

No association was found for poultry or fish.

No association was found eating red meat up to 3 times per week.

The discussion section of this paper is tediously bothersome, as they make numerous suppositions and statements that are not supported or even implied by the included data. Almost like it was written by ChatGPT.
I would bet my ass if you ate comparable fibre amounts with your daily meat consumption the outcome would be very similar.

I would bet my ass if you ate comparable fibre amounts with your daily meat consumption the outcome would be very similar.
It's a very tiny difference as it is, but to make the outcome difference not only disappear but reverse, look at study cohorts that don't count pizza and McDonald's happy meals as "meat".

I just keep wondering what are we supposed to eat? They quietly want us to be skinny amd malnourished. We can't eat red meat, can't eat more then 6oz of lean meat a day, can't eat eggs..it's such a bogus scam that they have going on. Our food guide is bullshit

My thought is, get in enough fiber in any way so thru food or supplementation and it will scavenge your colon and help to reduce the chance of colon cancer.

Everything else in moderation.

Plus adequate amounts of water.

Obviously eating a ton of take out food, or junk food isn't going to be good for you, but as long as its balanced whole food meals, its as likely as good as its going to get.