Teach me on HCG

Elkpholic

Trusted Member
Thinking about adding in HCG to my trt protocol.

Few questions:

How much and how many times per week?

I can get a script, so curious on the typically script cost on that drug.

Can you mix it in the same syringe as test ?

How much does your estrogen increase when you add it to trt?

Looking to keep the boys full and also if I want to have more kids down the road, increase the chance if need be.

You can mix them both, without any issue.

What is your obvious issue?

Dr scully has a protocol.
I stand corrected then.
I guess its not so "obvious" but I recall reading that mixing water and oil in the same depot in the muscle can interfere with the ester & release of the compound.

Theres alot of different ways to do it. I split a 5000iu bottle into 3 shots, lasts me a week. Most people dont do it this way. Please do your own research

I stand corrected then.
I guess its not so "obvious" but I recall reading that mixing water and oil in the same depot in the muscle can interfere with the ester & release of the compound.
It is well understood that oils and water don’t like each other. This instantly creates micelles which have not been studied how interferes with the depot of the injection and the stability of hcg.

I wouldn’t do it either.

I wouldn’t mix oil with water. Now I have used the same syringe to reconstitute something then used it to backload test into a insulin syringe and obviously a tiny bit of bac water got in, you could see the bubbles, I had no issue, but not sure if I would do it on purpose.

if you are referring to adding HCG to TRT and not for PCT - just an opion but 250 mcg's twice a week should keep the boys larger and hopefully protect your testicles from azoospermia. That being said, I don't know about azoospermia - I would come off if pregnancy was in the cards. if just for esthetics - 250 mcg's a week 2-3 times.
At this dose it had zero impact on my estrogen numbers, just bigger balls lol.

I get prescribed 650 iu twice per week while on TRT to help with fertility.

10000 iu brand name bottles cost me around $100 a bottle from a pharmacy and up to $200 a bottle for generic…. Brand name was out of stock past 6 months.

I get prescribed 650 iu twice per week while on TRT to help with fertility.

10000 iu brand name bottles cost me around $100 a bottle from a pharmacy and up to $200 a bottle for generic…. Brand name was out of stock past 6 months.
That’s good to know, what’s your trt dose and does it increase your estrogen much over just try?

I was very interested in the responses to this thread as I am planning a long run after I recover from injuries and would like to keep the testis ready for full recovery.

I have been scared my whole life due to the stories of people losing function forever and not being able to have kids. I’m sure everyone has heard it at some point or another where a guy meets the woman of his dreams and can’t have kids which then becomes a deal breaker for some women. I would love to pass on my genetic information to an offspring and form a family but if it ain’t gonna happen, then it is what it is. The best thing I could do is educate myself and learn from the experiences of other people.

Can someone tell me how risky it is for 6 month cycles with HCG? Of course, there is a genetic factor to all of this. But I’d like to hear if it is better to keep it short and sweet for 8-12 weeks and then recover for a minimum of cycle length before pursuing another one.

Even though I have mixed the HCG with the test in the same syringe many times without issue I would like to say my preferred method of adding to it TRT would be just like @Goldenrod says and dose 250ui two to three times a week, I like to do this periodically.

I prefer to use Pharma HCG but I don't have a script for it, just a test script and even with a 5000ui kit then you have a vial rolling around in the fridge door for two & a half months... With everything I do in life, I continuously evaluate & tweak things, I try to continuously improve the way I do things to make them faster, easier, cheaper, or an improvement of some kind....What works best for me is constituting the HCG and drawing 250ui doses plus .15-.20ml of air into each insulin needle until the vial is empty and then freezing all of the syringes. I use 1/2" 28G 1ml insulin syringes and you can grab one out of the freezer and its thawed and ready to use in five to seven minutes, jamb er in subq/shallow IM and you're done!

Last edited:
Even though I have mixed the HCG with the test in the same syringe many times without issue I would like to say my preferred method of adding to it TRT would be just like @Goldenrod says and dose 250ui two to three times a week, I like to do this periodically.

I prefer to use Pharma HCG but I don't have a script for it, just a test script and even with a 5000ui kit then you have a vial rolling around in the fridge door for two & a half months... With everything I do in life, I continuously evaluate & tweak things, I try to continuously improve the way I do things to make them faster, easier, cheaper, or an improvement of some kind....What works best for me is constituting the HCG and drawing 250ui doses plus 15-20cc of air into each insulin needle until the vial is empty and then freezing all of the syringes. I use 1/2" 28G 1cc insulin syringes and you can grab one out of the freezer and its thawed and ready to use in five to seven minutes, jamb er in subq/shallow IM and you're done!
15-20cc of air in a 1cc syringe would not fit. That volume you speak of is the same whether there’s air in it or water.

I was very interested in the responses to this thread as I am planning a long run after I recover from injuries and would like to keep the testis ready for full recovery.

I have been scared my whole life due to the stories of people losing function forever and not being able to have kids. I’m sure everyone has heard it at some point or another where a guy meets the woman of his dreams and can’t have kids which then becomes a deal breaker for some women. I would love to pass on my genetic information to an offspring and form a family but if it ain’t gonna happen, then it is what it is. The best thing I could do is educate myself and learn from the experiences of other people.

Can someone tell me how risky it is for 6 month cycles with HCG? Of course, there is a genetic factor to all of this. But I’d like to hear if it is better to keep it short and sweet for 8-12 weeks and then recover for a minimum of cycle length before pursuing another one.
No one to give an answer or share experience?

Thinking about adding in HCG to my trt protocol.

Few questions:

How much and how many times per week?

I can get a script, so curious on the typically script cost on that drug.

Can you mix it in the same syringe as test ?

How much does your estrogen increase when you add it to trt?

Looking to keep the boys full and also if I want to have more kids down the road, increase the chance if need be.
Although they are immiscible, if you’re using compounds that are meant for IM injections, you will not have a problem. The absorption will not change just because it’s a mix of compounds. There are no competing receptors. It’s not a sinkhole you’re filling, it’s muscle tissue and everything diffuses into your body and other tissues. Diffusion is the key word. Mass transfer.

Not sure I am understanding 100% but if you are on a long low dose 'cycle' then using HCG during this time should be a good addition. It 'should' help you recover quicker when you stop. If you a guy on TRT year round, I see no reason why you can't add HCG a few times a week to help keep your boys larger and hopefully with fertility.
If and when you come off completely, your doge of a SERM and the HCG will be much higher for a shorter duration. This is all opinion and I have nothing to back up my claims except personal experience. If I was back in the baby making times, I would be asking for dry runs - any doctor who isn't an arrogant ass would help you. Get your sperm analysis done without it and then add it in for 2 months and leave your TRT the same - test it again and compare. If you do come off and PCT - test again. It isn't a difficult test. Your doc gives you a cup and you point and shoot and take it the lab - that is it.
All the same - as much as HCG has helped many, I would use HMG if I was on TRT for an extended period and wanted to increase my fertility.

Good luck GR

15-20cc of air in a 1cc syringe would not fit. That volume you speak of is the same whether there’s air in it or water.
You are correct, I messed that up in my rambling. Should read 15-20 units or .15 -.2 milliliters in a 1ml insulin syringe.

No one to give an answer or share experience?
I don't think anyone is giving you that answer because it's not a definite remedy or a slam dunk.
How do you know you're able to father a child before your long run? Have you had a sperm analysis or going to have one prior?
I'm pretty sure you know this because you're an intelligent guy but HCG does not guarantee that you will recover to father a child, it's simply a tool to help maintain some sort of testicular function. I've cycled on and off and done PCT without HCG and fathered a child. I have done doctor prescribed TRT for a few years and tried HCG while on TRT and was not successful on conception so I did PCT with HMG and was successful on conception of a child.
Those are my experiences.

Not sure I am understanding 100% but if you are on a long low dose 'cycle' then using HCG during this time should be a good addition. It 'should' help you recover quicker when you stop. If you a guy on TRT year round, I see no reason why you can't add HCG a few times a week to help keep your boys larger and hopefully with fertility.
If and when you come off completely, your doge of a SERM and the HCG will be much higher for a shorter duration. This is all opinion and I have nothing to back up my claims except personal experience. If I was back in the baby making times, I would be asking for dry runs - any doctor who isn't an arrogant ass would help you. Get your sperm analysis done without it and then add it in for 2 months and leave your TRT the same - test it again and compare. If you do come off and PCT - test again. It isn't a difficult test. Your doc gives you a cup and you point and shoot and take it the lab - that is it.
All the same - as much as HCG has helped many, I would use HMG if I was on TRT for an extended period and wanted to increase my fertility.

Good luck GR
Thank you ☺️ Lol point and shoot hahahaha. I’m not on TRT but it makes perfect sense to have tests before a cycle and after PCT.
I don't think anyone is giving you that answer because it's not a definite remedy or a slam dunk.
How do you know you're able to father a child before your long run? Have you had a sperm analysis or going to have one prior?
I'm pretty sure you know this because you're an intelligent guy but HCG does not guarantee that you will recover to father a child, it's simply a tool to help maintain some sort of testicular function. I've cycled on and off and done PCT without HCG and fathered a child. I have done doctor prescribed TRT for a few years and tried HCG while on TRT and was not successful on conception so I did PCT with HMG and was successful on conception of a child.
Those are my experiences.
Thank you ☺️ This really helps and it is very interesting. May I ask how long after PCT you had to wait for both times?

I did ask my doctor and he did not want to test because he said I had to come and ask for the test when I was trying get my wife pregnant. I got so cheesed. The more I age, the more I feel like I should not waste any woman’s time who is looking to have kids and I end up wasting her time which she won’t get back. Also, my time will be wasted. Some of my friends are having their third baby now and I feel so behind. Like you guys said, I don’t know if I’m shooting blanks now. I will try to find a doctor to test me before I start anything then. Thanks fellas, this thread changed my view on how I should approach my long run plans. I want to be well established in life before having any kids but many of my big bros have been saying that’s a wrong way to approach family life. Anyway, thanks again @Goldenrod and @DeviousD 🤗

Thank you ☺️ Lol point and shoot hahahaha. I’m not on TRT but it makes perfect sense to have tests before a cycle and after PCT.

Thank you ☺️ This really helps and it is very interesting. May I ask how long after PCT you had to wait for both times?

I did ask my doctor and he did not want to test because he said I had to come and ask for the test when I was trying get my wife pregnant. I got so cheesed. The more I age, the more I feel like I should not waste any woman’s time who is looking to have kids and I end up wasting her time which she won’t get back. Also, my time will be wasted. Some of my friends are having their third baby now and I feel so behind. Like you guys said, I don’t know if I’m shooting blanks now. I will try to find a doctor to test me before I start anything then. Thanks fellas, this thread changed my view on how I should approach my long run plans. I want to be well established in life before having any kids but many of my big bros have been saying that’s a wrong way to approach family life. Anyway, thanks again @Goldenrod and @DeviousD 🤗
So for the first time I was off for at least three months and the second time it was three months to the day that she got pregnant. Don't quote me but I think I remember the number 74....for the maturation period of human sperm.
My wife and I were in the same boat man, time was marching on and if we were going to do it we better get on it.
Too bad I hadn't mentioned that you need to tell the doc that you and your wife or girlfriend have been trying to conceive for a year and it's not happening, would you be able to send me for a sperm analysis please.