subq injection questions

Bobrebooted

Trusted Member
Hey all, I'm thinking of following the advise I've gotten here and switching to subq for my testosterone cypionate. Is this something I need to clear with my doc first? I've been trying to get an answer from them, but it looks like I won't hear from them to my next appointment. I currently do .40mg twice a week. Would I stick to the same amount? And what length needle should I be getting? 1/2? Thanks guys, 25g IM is just getting a little old.

I do sub q when doing low volume shots 5/8 insulin needles, I do get bruising on certain areas while doing sub q so just a heads up you may get the same

Ok, one more silly question before I go shopping. Why does everyone seem to backload insulin needles? I can get 28g even 30g luer lock needles in 1/2 and 5/8 length. Is there a reason not to do that instead? Right now we're drawing with an 18 g, then switching the needle to a 1" 25g. Couldn't we just do the same thing with a 28g?

Ok, one more silly question before I go shopping. Why does everyone seem to backload insulin needles? I can get 28g even 30g luer lock needles in 1/2 and 5/8 length. Is there a reason not to do that instead? Right now we're drawing with an 18 g, then switching the needle to a 1" 25g. Couldn't we just do the same thing with a 28g?
Use 5/16” or 8 mil length, and 30 gauge is great.
I have been using 30 gauge 5/16” pins for a few years now.
1/2 will give you shallow intramuscular injections unless you are fat.

You backload becayse it’s impossible to draw with a 30 gauge needle, plus it dulls when you pierce the rUber stopper.
Its a joke to do. Just don’t touch the rubber stopper, or the area it comes out of with your fingers. I usually set the plunger in the counter after I pull it out, rubber end off the counter in open air touching nothing.
Then you place it back in when done, just a bit, flip over, tap to move the air to the top and push the air out.

I did make a thread with picture about this a couple years ago, but it never git stickies and is lost forever, lol.

You backload becayse it’s impossible to draw with a 30 gauge needle, plus it dulls when you pierce the rUber stopper.
Its a joke to do. Just don’t touch the rubber stopper, or the area it comes out of with your fingers. I usually set the plunger in the counter after I pull it out, rubber end off the counter in open air touching nothing.
Then you place it back in when done, just a bit, flip over, tap to move the air to the top and push the air out.

I did make a thread with picture about this a couple years ago, but it never git stickies and is lost forever, lol.
I never backload anymore, backloading was the most ridiculous waste of time ever lol

i load 30g just fine and i pin 1cc sub q no prob, I peirce multiple vials and then use my same syringe to pin my hcg on hcg day. I dont really feel much dullness little harder push when i inject the hcg in the belly,Iv done videos and sent to certain individuals on this before, gso you heat the oil, mct really dosn't require heat but a little heat doesn't hurt, i just use a spaceheater and the process takes under 1 min, thats even with multiple compounds.

I will agree, it takes a long fucking time and near impossible without using heat using 27 up to 30g but with heat it flys in there zero issues, and literally takes no time.

I never backload anymore, backloading was the most ridiculous waste of time ever lol

i load 30g just fine and i pin 1cc sub q no prob, I peirce multiple vials and then use my same syringe to pin my hcg on hcg day. I dont really feel much dullness little harder push when i inject the hcg in the belly,Iv done videos and sent to certain individuals on this before, gso you heat the oil, mct really dosn't require heat but a little heat doesn't hurt, i just use a spaceheater and the process takes under 1 min, thats even with multiple compounds.

I will agree, it takes a long fucking time and near impossible without using heat using 27 up to 30g but with heat it flys in there zero issues, and literally takes no time.
You are reusing your needles?

I don't find it a waste to backload at all. See then I don't have to heat the oil. Seriously simple procedure.

But hey, you do you.

Use 5/16” or 8 mil length, and 30 gauge is great.
I have been using 30 gauge 5/16” pins for a few years now.
1/2 will give you shallow intramuscular injections unless you are fat.
Lol I meant 5/16 in my post not 5/8 loll whoops

I don't find it a waste to backload at all. See then I don't have to heat the oil. Seriously simple procedure.

But hey, you do you.
With a lot of labs using mct oil for their test I'm finding I don't even have to backload anymore stuff is super thin, and with more frequent injections it cuts down on volume so not much oil going into the barrel anyway

I have a question on this ,as I use small needles for delts. Could a person use a 27-30g 1/2 on the glute muscle? I mean if it goes to far it’s IM if it’s not far enough it’s sub q? Just curious if that has any risk on the glute muscle

But hey, you do you.
No , i use the same needle for all compounds, all in 1 syringe then throw away.

I have a question on this ,as I use small needles for delts. Could a person use a 27-30g 1/2 on the glute muscle? I mean if it goes to far it’s IM if it’s not far enough it’s sub q? Just curious if that has any risk on the glute muscle
No risk, you will be fine. Shallow IM causes no damage. If you get a lump, rub it out.

With a lot of labs using mct oil for their test I'm finding I don't even have to backload anymore stuff is super thin, and with more frequent injections it cuts down on volume so not much oil going into the barrel anyway
I like the needle to be sharp. Only takes a second and I ususally load 6-10 at a time depending on my injection frequency

Last edited:
Bought a half dozen 27g x 1/2in luer lock needles to give it a try. Did two injections and went back and bought a box of 100. Kate doesn't even have to pin me anymore lol
I was literally going to post about this. I'm looking to switch from a 25g. Do you think a 30gauge 3ml syringe would push out the oils fairly well?

Bought a half dozen 27g x 1/2in luer lock needles to give it a try. Did two injections and went back and bought a box of 100. Kate doesn't even have to pin me anymore lol
Isn't half inch too small?? I swear you'd need to be in contest shape for this to pin the muscle. I usually use 1 inch but 5/8 works too. I might try the 27g 5/8 or 30g 5/8