Stephen Thompson vs Anthony Pettis

Cog

Trusted Member
Surprise surprise.After dominating and bloodying Pettis in the first round,controlling the range,Thompson from his hospital bed said he thought that the punches coming from Pettis were kinda slow.If anybody remembers Pettis running up the fence and knocking out Benson Henderson with a kick,this guy can move.Knocked out Thompson with one punch after Thompson had delivered a kick and let his hands down,which he actually does often.First fight at 170.

He put on a good show. Impressive finish.

Interested in seeing how he'll fare against some of the wrestlers at 170. In the past, Pettis has seemed to break at times when he's being heavily pressured. If dos Anjos, Poirier, and Ferguson (who aren't even strong wrestlers) were seemingly able to break him at 155, I'm wondering what would happen if he faces someone like Usman, Askren or Covington at 170 - or even Justin Gaethje.

But who knows. Time will tell. Either way, hats off for his KO of Wonderboy. First time he's been KO'd in his entire kickboxing and MMA career.

Did not see that coming. Interesting story - I was in Vegas once and I look to my left and Anthony Pettis was there with a bunch of chicks partying. Got to love seeing celebrities in Vegas. Once saw Holly Madison when I was walking the strip.

He put on a good show. Impressive finish.

Interested in seeing how he'll fare against some of the wrestlers at 170. In the past, Pettis has seemed to break at times when he's being heavily pressured. If dos Anjos, Poirier, and Ferguson (who aren't even strong wrestlers) were seemingly able to break him at 155, I'm wondering what would happen if he faces someone like Usman, Askren or Covington at 170 - or even Justin Gaethje.

But who knows. Time will tell. Either way, hats off for his KO of Wonderboy. First time he's been KO'd in his entire kickboxing and MMA career.
That Gaethje guy doesn't seem to worry about wrestling too much.Impressed with the way he dispatched Edson on the weekend.

Grey Maynard is still fighting isn't he?Although somebody should stop him.