Stairmaster Cardio

CosmicJuiceBoxx

Trusted Member
Did 1 hr 2 mins on the stairmaster last night after work. Prior to that the longest I could pull off was 40 minutes. Probably a mental thing BUT after the 1hr session my face was pretty white and I looked like I had aged 10 years. I felt FUCKED up.
Is that normal to look pale, sent a whatsapp video of me hitting the 1 hr mark to my wife and even she said I looked like a very unwell being. Knees are also pretty pissed off today.

ALSO! If anyone Would like to post their cardio milestones here, feel free! Whos got some mental grit?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240216_191628_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240216_191628_Gallery.jpg
    517.8 KB · Views: 10
That’s a crazy haul lol. What level was it at?
I enjoy doing my cardio on the stairmaster. My coach has me doing intervals, 1 min on 1 min off for 6 rounds. I’d probably lose my mind doing any form of cardio for an hour 💀
Level 8, which is a speed of 75, Id occasionally go up to 10 for a few mins and then back to 8.
Cool down at the end brought my avg speed down to 74 BUT essentially 8!
Proud of myself for this one. Im not a heavy heavy dude, 200lbs up stairs for 1 hour though, probably wont do that again anytime soon. Was a good chance to bang off a bunch of my "watch later" youtube playlist.

Its not normal to go pale. But its is normal in a way, because when you are fully depleted right before going hypoglycemic you go flush/pale and the sweating stops, then you get extreme weakness and shakey too.
Seems like you pushed to your absolute limit close where you would need help afterwards.
Congrats on the milestone but you wanna be more careful in the future. Maybe doing it on a day you didnt work. Maybe bringing some intra session carbs to push that hard.
Stairmaster is the hardest torture cardio machine in my opinion. Burns the most calories and just demolishes you by the end. However, the sense of accomplishment that you get when your done is satisfying to a point.

Its not normal to go pale. But its is normal in a way, because when you are fully depleted right before going hypoglycemic you go flush/pale and the sweating stops, then you get extreme weakness and shakey too.
Seems like you pushed to your absolute limit close where you would need help afterwards.
Congrats on the milestone but you wanna be more careful in the future. Maybe doing it on a day you didnt work. Maybe bringing some intra session carbs to push that hard.
Stairmaster is the hardest torture cardio machine in my opinion. Burns the most calories and just demolishes you by the end. However, the sense of accomplishment that you get when your done is satisfying to a point.
I took Berberine (500mg) 1 hour before as well, would that also of played into it? Im new to that supplement but was hearing its good to take with your last meal of the day, yesterday before cardio was day 3 of taking it.
But thank you, I apprecaite that. It was very gratifying!

I don't have a stairmaster, but I have worked my way up on the elliptical machine.

I remember as a kid my dad would run up and down the basement stairs for like an hour. He has always loved cardio though. To this day him and my mom walk 5 miles a day and he's mid 70's And they walk fast. I have gone with them before.

Congrats, that sounds like a brutal barrier to break.
I hate cardio. First started when I was young cause I didn't want to do anything that had a chance of affecting the gains. The eventually came time to cut and hated it cause of boredom and still do. I do force some for CV health nowadays though.

I've tried to get into the stairmaster a few times but it's the one I hate the most. On a treadmill, bike or even eliptical my legs tire out a bit faster than my CV system but on the stairmaster I can't keep my legs out of it and within around 3 minutes it becomes a leg exercises much more than a cardio exercise. Severely affects my overall leg recovery to the point of having to skip leg workouts. It may be a function of age, they say the legs are the first to go and I am def feeling and seeing that.

Anyone else have this problem, I don't hear about it much? Any tips other than simple persistence? I'd find great satisfaction in defeating this obstacle but perhaps that's not a good use of time in my case.

I hate cardio. First started when I was young cause I didn't want to do anything that had a chance of affecting the gains. The eventually came time to cut and hated it cause of boredom and still do. I do force some for CV health nowadays though.

I've tried to get into the stairmaster a few times but it's the one I hate the most. On a treadmill, bike or even eliptical my legs tire out a bit faster than my CV system but on the stairmaster I can't keep my legs out of it and within around 3 minutes it becomes a leg exercises much more than a cardio exercise. Severely affects my overall leg recovery to the point of having to skip leg workouts. It may be a function of age, they say the legs are the first to go and I am def feeling and seeing that.

Anyone else have this problem, I don't hear about it much? Any tips other than simple persistence? I'd find great satisfaction in defeating this obstacle but perhaps that's not a good use of time in my case.
I agree about the legs becomming crippled. My knees were a wreck when I got up for about 6 hours, I tore my left calf and fractured my hip on the left as well 4 years ago, my knees havent veej the same since I must walk with improper gaite or something wearing them out. Could barely walk back to my room in camp after I had gotten off the machine too. But, for me I hope aside from CV health which is why Im doing it, maybe it will help leg striations - that would be super fuckin sweet 😎

I am not sure of the legs first to go thing. Mine keep growing, but it could be because they were so under developed, lol.