Sorbates lame ass gym

Sorbate

Board Dumbass
Trusted Member
So here is my home gym. I have enough plates for 600 lbs, dumbbells up to 100 lbs if needed.
The ceiling in my basement is low, so the rest of my equipment is in my really disorganized garage. This summer I’m going to put the big machine on dollies (it’s as big as a car, lol) and I’m going to redo the garage, epoxy the floor and build cupboards to organize, then put a gas heater in it so my wife will be happy doing cardio in the winter.

I like training in the garage in the summer, door up, neighbours stare as they walk by, my grandsons little friends come and hang out.

Attachments

• BF1B6B4E-7B1D-4568-BE37-D4E009FF7A9E.jpeg
    BF1B6B4E-7B1D-4568-BE37-D4E009FF7A9E.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 93
  • D2831CCE-7EA2-4D5D-A6F9-4B2B16640838.jpeg
    D2831CCE-7EA2-4D5D-A6F9-4B2B16640838.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 5639CC35-B721-40FD-AA72-074EFFF84B5C.jpeg
    5639CC35-B721-40FD-AA72-074EFFF84B5C.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 55F90630-76C5-450A-9D08-0874039378A0.jpeg
    55F90630-76C5-450A-9D08-0874039378A0.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 97
  • F7A03174-EA7F-42AD-8936-80711D9D8B55.jpeg
    F7A03174-EA7F-42AD-8936-80711D9D8B55.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 92
You got some nice stuff man. Really like your 2 walls mirror. Need to put my hand on another one.

Great idea on the epoxy for your garage, really worth it and easy to clean after that. Did mine before putting any stuff in the garage, used the cheap canadian tire stuff and did it by myself, 4 years later, this stuff still holding really well for the price i paid.

To organize, i used my old kitchen cabinet, really worth it. You can buy some used cheap one on kijiji and just have to screw them on the wall, not to much construction time involve.

Nice set up Sorbate. There’s no place like home .... at least for me . I’ve been working on the road for a while, got home late last night red eyed, best feeling in the world is getting up and walking down into my basement and hitting my own iron . No waiting for machines in the gym, no driving an hour to get to the gym, no watching guys on a cell phone taking 45 min to do a set on a machine. The best part I had motley Crüe live wire cranked and I get the text from wife upstairs..... turn your crap music down!!!! Bwhahahaha.... good to be home. Happy holidays

Nice set up Sorbate. There’s no place like home .... at least for me . I’ve been working on the road for a while, got home late last night red eyed, best feeling in the world is getting up and walking down into my basement and hitting my own iron . No waiting for machines in the gym, no driving an hour to get to the gym, no watching guys on a cell phone taking 45 min to do a set on a machine. The best part I had motley Crüe live wire cranked and I get the text from wife upstairs..... turn your crap music down!!!! Bwhahahaha.... good to be home. Happy holidays

Its funny my wife never says anything and sometimes when I turn the sub box up it vibrates her right above me. Normally she falls asleep at 9:30 when I train so I think it puts her to sleep.

Truthfully what I like the best about training at home is I can pose all I fucking want in front of the mirrors. On a really good cycle when you think you are a god, its the best. You can't train without a shirt on staring at yourself in the mirror in the gym without looking like a lunatic, lol.
Plus I can multitask and load syringes between sets, or cook my post workout meal.

I do miss the drive you get in the gym sometimes.

needs moar dinosaurs!
I used to have a blow up one that you punch down there. But one day me and my grandson were giving it a pile drive and it sprung a bit of a leak, lol.
My grandson is insane about dinosaurs, when he was young he hope he would turn into a trex when he grew up. We would have battles ion the basement and I would be the triceratops. I'd make him work for the victories, he would even do he whole bite your neck and everything.
He also loves Godzilla, we have dressed up in those blow up Godzilla costumes and went around town doing errands, and no it wasn't haloween, lol.
I told my wife I'll grow up when I'm 60, and my staff laugh and say, yeah right.

You got some nice stuff man. Really like your 2 walls mirror. Need to put my hand on another one.

Great idea on the epoxy for your garage, really worth it and easy to clean after that. Did mine before putting any stuff in the garage, used the cheap canadian tire stuff and did it by myself, 4 years later, this stuff still holding really well for the price i paid.

To organize, i used my old kitchen cabinet, really worth it. You can buy some used cheap one on kijiji and just have to screw them on the wall, not to much construction time involve.

Good idea with the cupboards, maybe I'll check out one of those discount places. I was going to build it out of plywood like my uncle, but I don't have the talent and imagination like he does.

Oh and I've used epoxy numerous times. The floor of the shop needs to be redone every 3 or so years. Constant grease, chemicals and pressure spraying is hard on it, never mind the traffic and equipment. I'll need to repair a few spots first where the concrete has chipped and peeled, but that's easy.

Made a little addition to the gym.
Oh since the 1.5 year old out of warranty 65” tv uhd tv I own decided to grow a horizontal blue line, instead of trashing it, I mounted it in the garage for my wife while she works out. She used to watch her tv shows on the iPad, now she won’t have to wear her reading glasses, lol.
Anyhow I bought a 75” uhd tv for the front room now.4CD7119A-37C8-48B9-A231-2B3461CBFF7D.jpeg

That's an awesome home gym setup you have there! Too much work stuff in the garage, I'm thinking the next house should have a double car garage. One side work, one side gym :cool:

That's an awesome home gym setup you have there! Too much work stuff in the garage, I'm thinking the next house should have a double car garage. One side work, one side gym :cool:

That’s how mine is right now. I have way too many tools from rebuilding all the houses I’ve owned.

That’s how mine is right now. I have way too many tools from rebuilding all the houses I’ve owned.
I don't even have room to work on anything in my garage with my tools its so full! Tools and somewhat organized stacks of random I keep from job sites that I may use one day. At this rate, when I buy a house I'll have to find that is more garage then house!

I don't even have room to work on anything in my garage with my tools its so full! Tools and somewhat organized stacks of random I keep from job sites that I may use one day. At this rate, when I buy a house I'll have to find that is more garage then house!
Lol, I built a shed bybthe side of my house, running the length of the house to move most of my tools into there so I can free up my garage. I just have no room. Plus I have a rental storage shed for work that 10x25 that full of shit as well.
There is never enough room, lol,
I don’t want to move agsin, too much crap to move.

Lol, I built a shed bybthe side of my house, running the length of the house to move most of my tools into there so I can free up my garage. I just have no room. Plus I have a rental storage shed for work that 10x25 that full of shit as well.
There is never enough room, lol,
I don’t want to move agsin, too much crap to move.
Sounds like you have quite the setup! I got rid of my storage locker when I got this house with a bigger garage, but I keep buying tools, collecting parts and everything else, looks like I should build a shed like yours. Girlfriend says I will end up on that hoarders show, the episodes where the guy has a yard full of scrap wood, metal, cars, tools, and tarps everywhere. Lets hope not haha.

Nice set up brother! Just started mine, squat/leg press machine power rack with high and low cables 600 pounds of plates bunch of different bars. Currently jammed in the basement. I use my shop for working in, so if I fall in love with the home gym thing I’ll build an addition to the garage or gives me a good excuse for a whole new bigger garage!