Snoring Could Be Harming Your Brain Health

Sleep apnea machine improved my sleep and energy levels so much. As an experiment I didn’t wear the mask for a couple days and my wife said I snored like a wildabeast and by day two I felt blah. Woke numerous times.

Now for fun I’m still increasing my cardio to see of I can improve my nighttime breathing, and I know my years of smoking didn’t help, likely why I need this machine. So I’ll keep working on it and see where I am in a couple of years.

it's really a shame that people are stubborn and ignore the signs of sleep apnea. General population just think it's part of life to sleep like shit as you get older.
What's crazy to me is when people are diagnosed with sleep apnea but still refuse to use their machine because its slightly uncomfortable for a few nights.
I've come to learn over the course of this year how crucial sleep is as a health metric. I would argue just as (if not more in some cases) important than diet and exercise.

it's really a shame that people are stubborn and ignore the signs of sleep apnea. General population just think it's part of life to sleep like shit as you get older.
What's crazy to me is when people are diagnosed with sleep apnea but still refuse to use their machine because its slightly uncomfortable for a few nights.
I've come to learn over the course of this year how crucial sleep is as a health metric. I would argue just as (if not more in some cases) important than diet and exercise.
Im stubborn, everyone tells me I snore loud, but ive never heard it..lol

I have a friend who was an Olympic athlete (rugby) I've never seen the endurance he has in another dude. He prioritizes sleep above everything and his diet isn't the greatest, hes athletic as fuck but overtrains, like 4hrs minimum probably over 30 sets per muscle and then he'll eat a couple burgers and a box of Oreos or something and he trains every single day with no deloads. I think he sleeps like 10-12hrs a night. I'm sure he has some genetic gifts too though.

I have a friend who was an Olympic athlete (rugby) I've never seen the endurance he has in another dude. He prioritizes sleep above everything and his diet isn't the greatest, hes athletic as fuck but overtrains, like 4hrs minimum probably over 30 sets per muscle and then he'll eat a couple burgers and a box of Oreos or something and he trains every single day with no deloads. I think he sleeps like 10-12hrs a night. I'm sure he has some genetic gifts too though.
That reminds me of a funny story, or at least I found it funny. I was sitting with some fellow black belts in the changing room back in the early 80s. We were talking about overtraining, and we were all guilty of doing three or four-hour workouts daily and that we were tired and needed coffee before that night's two-hour class. A young kid came in, overheard us, and told us we had to stop doing that or we would never progress in Gung Fu. We didn't respond but threw our Gis on with our belts. He looked terribly embarrassed but didn't say another word to us. We would all hit McDonalds after each Friday night class or the bar next door. We were young, and diet was what obese people did.

Its uncomfortable lots of times, but the downside is worth the positives.

Kinda like lifting weights has its things, soreness, and so on, but we still do ti for the benefit.

The most annoying thing about the machine is when the mask leaks, so I adjusted it to the highest pressure I could and still not leak. Seemed to be the sweet spot.

I was probably one of the last people to have the surgery where they cut out part of the flappy thingy in the back of your throat. It completely stopped my snoring as long as I stayed away from cigs. Shortly after I had the surgery I heard they no longer performed it.