Shock wave therapy

I was looking at a machine that has different attachments for Shockwave therapy.
Was this at a clinic or something you've used at home. Magnetic therapy was great also but they will no long do it for me because of the heart. The machine is intended for horses so it was pretty intense. Loved it..

Damn, sure wasn't the one I was looking at lol
I go to the chiropractor office next Monday to see about the shoulder. I'll mention this when I go. Thanks
I can't recall what your shoulder injury is but fwiw I found it pretty effective. I had/have a torn bicep and torn tendon way up high pretty much under the front delt. Post shoulder surgery for that and rotator cuff injuries, pretty much a rebuild, it all healed fairly well but after some years the pain came back and was diagnosed as Long Head Biceps Tendinosis (LHBT). I had a very extensive course of prolotherapy that completely relieved all symptoms for about a year and a half.
I think it probably would have been good for life for a "normal" man but we aren't normal so I pushed it and eventually aggravated it again. I had access to a course of shockwave treatments at chiro for free so I tried that. Gave a good 90% relief and now I spend half an hour warming up before going bonzo, no real pain anymore just a sense of awareness if that makes sense.

BTW the internal hammer in those machines needs to be replaced fairly often, Every 90-180 minutes iirc. I'd bet they are at least 1500$ a shot by now for the 2015 model machine that was used on me. Point being the cost of treatment may well be justified.

Damn, sure wasn't the one I was looking at lol
I go to the chiropractor office next Monday to see about the shoulder. I'll mention this when I go. Thanks
I have looked up. The shockwave machines on Ali and they are like $3000. Its like the massage gun the physio guy I was going to, he paid like $1500 and the one I paid $200 for felt exactly the same. I think sometimes they pay a decent price, but need a machine that is used all day, where we could get by with a cheaper version.

Thanks for the information here guys!
Seems to get worse day by day but I'm able to deal with it for now. It's all side delt right now

I bought one off amazon
It works great
Breaks down plack buildup in the arteries
Probably the one I was looking at for about 400.?
I'll probably pull the trigger shortly on this one..
The old stick shift needs some adjustments!

I had 5 (15min) treatments on my rotator cuff at the chiropractor office. I did not notice any benefit . It actually flared up my tendons

The chiropractor I used in BC eventually bought one. He tried it on me and it worked amazingly well. He’d accomplish the same result with manual manipulation but it took 3 times as long compared to the machine.

He did stress that it wasn’t just for any injury, some injuries the machine could actually do more damage. He mentioned that because as soon as word got out he had one everyone wanted to have it used on them, he said it was challenging convincing some peeps why he wasn’t using it.