Seasonal mood disorder

Taureau

Administrator
Anyone else suffer from seasonal mood disorder? When the nights get longer and daylight is shorter I just lose my extra jump. Once I start to see the days getting shorter and more intense sun I brighten right up and have a lot more energy and just overall feel a ton better.

I tend to need 5htp in these times.

less daylight bums me out too. I get up late so my sunlight time is very short in winter.

All to common with me as well. I lived on the BC island for a while and the never ending rain/damp /long ass nights (winter) I just wanted to lay down all day.

Yep. It hits me as soon as the time change happens and likes to linger until mid-February.

Hits my wife hard every winter. This year we’re experimenting with a daylight simulator to see if it improves.

I suffer from it also. I'm looking forward to mid February when the days get a little longer. I'm missing my extra drive

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I didn't used to be affected by the change in daylight, but the last 2-3 years, I find myself not going back out once home.... would take a legit act of god to move me out of the house.... I also loose a lot of drive for training.... as soon as it starts to get lighter earlier, I perk right back up

I have been depressed for months now. I tried natural antidepressants but nothing worked so I'm back taking Prozac. I will stop once days are longer and bright. Right now I don't even feel like leaving the house. I wanna crawl in a hole and stay there.

Years ago I tried something called a Luminette but it was too expensive.

UV light therapy works well, also Vitamin D is effective at relieving these symptoms. Predominantly the ladies are harder hit than males...Except snowflake males...LOL... I lived in Prince Rupert for awhile, now you want to see no sun, good place for vampires. Many folks utilize the blue light therapy there. It does help. Even tanning beds lift the spirits this time of year.

I have been depressed for months now. I tried natural antidepressants but nothing worked so I'm back taking Prozac. I will stop once days are longer and bright. Right now I don't even feel like leaving the house. I wanna crawl in a hole and stay there.

Years ago I tried something called a Luminette but it was too expensive.

Just wanted to let you know I understand the issue and know for fact talking about it is not easy. I always respect people who are able to talk about it. I'd always have people look at me mysteriously and say "you're fine or you look fine" yet little do they know, we can be MASTERS at hiding our emotions. I even applied for help and guess what the lady said you interviewed me "you look fine."

I wish I had a solution for you MG, a lady here treated me but auriculotherapie is not availble in your area if I had to guess?

It’s a tough time of year..... , before Xmas my training n diet were like a run away freight train, well when the holidays started I strayed from my diet, slacked on the training and seem to have gotten into a rut. Prolly gained 15-20 lbs, depressed and down on myself a lil for slacking. I gotta suck it up and get back at er.

Just wanted to let you know I understand the issue and know for fact talking about it is not easy. I always respect people who are able to talk about it. I'd always have people look at me mysteriously and say "you're fine or you look fine" yet little do they know, we can be MASTERS at hiding our emotions. I even applied for help and guess what the lady said you interviewed me "you look fine."

I wish I had a solution for you MG, a lady here treated me but auriculotherapie is not availble in your area if I had to guess?
Auriculotherapy is available here I think. How many sessions did you need?

Auriculotherapy is available here I think. How many sessions did you need?

Initially, 5 sessions over 2 weeks, then, once every 3 months or so.

quick story how I was introduced.... I gave a buddy of mine a lift to her office, stayed to watch. It looked like a total waste of time as from a bystander, it's just not impressive. Anyway, I was convinced to give it a shot as I was really suffering. Could no longer eat, sleep let alone train.

Then after session 3, the ball in my stomach began to get smaller and trust me, I was on "8/10" anxiety wise all the friggen time. Like you, I was on zopiclone before this. I got off cold turkey no issues after. There is a slight chance you may need to follow a type of "anti inflammation diet." Anxiety often originates in the gut and restoring healthy gut bacteria is key here... The diet lasts 6ish weeks then you can slowly go off... I was lucky didn't have to follow the diet.

My go to expert here is Martine Bourgeault if you ever wanna see her FB page. It's loaded of recipies for her clients and lots of good overall health info.

Oh yeah, Martine even got my Aunt to quit smoking. She smoked 2 packs a day. Auriculotherapie is the real deal, by far, the easiest types of treatments to receive as you just gotta sit there while the person scans you and fixes improper frequencies.

Initially, 5 sessions over 2 weeks, then, once every 3 months or so.

quick story how I was introduced.... I gave a buddy of mine a lift to her office, stayed to watch. It looked like a total waste of time as from a bystander, it's just not impressive. Anyway, I was convinced to give it a shot as I was really suffering. Could no longer eat, sleep let alone train.

Then after session 3, the ball in my stomach began to get smaller and trust me, I was on "8/10" anxiety wise all the friggen time. Like you, I was on zopiclone before this. I got off cold turkey no issues after. There is a slight chance you may need to follow a type of "anti inflammation diet." Anxiety often originates in the gut and restoring healthy gut bacteria is key here... The diet lasts 6ish weeks then you can slowly go off... I was lucky didn't have to follow the diet.

My go to expert here is Martine Bourgeault if you ever wanna see her FB page. It's loaded of recipies for her clients and lots of good overall health info.

Oh yeah, Martine even got my Aunt to quit smoking. She smoked 2 packs a day. Auriculotherapie is the real deal, by far, the easiest types of treatments to receive as you just gotta sit there while the person scans you and fixes improper frequencies.
Thank you for the feedback about that therapy. I just can't go on like this. Since I retired all I have is the boards to keep me busy. I drag myself to the gym 5 times a week but I don't enjoy it. I don't enjoy anything anymore. I cry a lot and don't even know why. I tried CBD oil hoping that it would help but it relaxes me a bit, that's all. My anxiety is 9 on a scale of 10 and I have health issues too.

I'm gonna check that Facebook page and then look for a therapist here.

A former colleague of mine does EMDR and I want to try that too.

Christ I wander if thats whats wrong with me? I've never been affected by this before but I also used to work outdoors all year, not so much now..

I work outdoors lots that is why I'm fine overall. As long as there is summer a few time per week.