Reveratrol

Rocky

Trusted Member
Long story short, I started taking resveratrol a few months back
All my blood markers for health improved significantly and I thought I’d just share this for anyone looking to try something to improve their health.

I get it from bulksupplements (was tested by consumer labs as being what the label claimed and legit)

I mix 500mg to 1g in a spoon of high fat yogurt, once in the morning and once at night. It comes in a powder and needs to be stored in a cool dark place (fridge works)

I can’t say 100% for sure this is the cause of my improved health markers, so use it at your own discretion.
That being said, I had some health markers on blood work that were fairly elevated, I decided to not care until earlier this year.

I tried a bunch of things and my health markers were still above normal, although they did improve a lot. Once I added resveratrol, 1 month later, all health markers on bloodwork were in normal range, a few months in and they’re on the low normal.

just thought I’d make this post incase it can help anyone going through a recovery phase for their health

if anyone tries it and sees improvements, please dm me, as I’d like to know if it was truely the resveratrol

What markers exactly?
The one that was always elevated for me was my liver enzymes, now it’s low normal (alt/ast/alp).

however all my blood markers improved, cholesterol (these were always good but they improved a bit), blood sugars/hemoglobin a1c (Quite significantly, they’re extremely low now) and kidney function (quite significantly)

All my blood markers for health improved significantly and I thought I’d just share this for anyone looking to try something to improve their health.

I get it from bulksupplements (was tested by consumer labs as being what the label claimed and legit)

I mix 500mg to 1g in a spoon of high fat yogurt, once in the morning and once at night. It comes in a powder and needs to be stored in a cool dark place (fridge works)

I can’t say 100% for sure this is the cause of my improved health markers, so use it at your own discretion.
That being said, I had some health markers on blood work that were fairly elevated, I decided to not care until earlier this year.

I tried a bunch of things and my health markers were still above normal, although they did improve a lot. Once I added resveratrol, 1 month later, all health markers on bloodwork were in normal range, a few months in and they’re on the low normal.

just thought I’d make this post incase it can help anyone going through a recovery phase for their health

if anyone tries it and sees improvements, please dm me, as I’d like to know if it was truely the resveratrol

If you really want the resveratrol to shine, I would suggest tossing in some NMN. Thank me when you're 60 and still look and feel 30

If you really want the resveratrol to shine, I would suggest tossing in some NMN. Thank me when you're 60 and still look and feel 30
Do you follow David Sinclair as well? I was going to use NMN as well but it’s too expensive for me right now, but I’ll add it once it’s cheaper ($100+ a month currently plus I’m still young and there hasn’t been as much research as resveratrol)
What do you think of NR? Was debating adding some but NMN seems like the better molecule.

and do you take metformin or quercetin too? I used to take metformin daily but ever since I started working out I took it back out.

it kinda sucks that David Sinclair essentially says that the complete opposite of a bodybuilding lifestyle is the key to longevity (low protein, more vegetables/plant based diet, intermittent fasting, calorie restriction, metformin, resveratrol)

Last edited:
Do you follow David Sinclair as well? I was going to use NMN as well but it’s too expensive for me right now, but I’ll add it once it’s cheaper ($100+ a month currently plus I’m still young and there hasn’t been as much research as resveratrol)
What do you think of NR? Was debating adding some but NMN seems like the better molecule.

and do you take metformin or quercetin too? I used to take metformin daily but ever since I started working out I took it back out.

it kinda sucks that David Sinclair essentially says that the complete opposite of a bodybuilding lifestyle is the key to longevity (low protein, more vegetables/plant based diet, intermittent fasting, calorie restriction, metformin, resveratrol)
Well because the opposite is right. To live the longest it’s likely best to keep the damage from metabolism to a minimum.
All the smaller skinny old guys live the longest, that come in my shop. I do not see any fat or jacked old guys, lol.

Btw David looks his age. I’d bet he goes and gets laser on his face, or peels and uses other products.
That was the first thing my wife said when she saw him (btw she’s a pro with this, she’s 8 years older than me, but since she’s meticulous with her products most think she is a couple years younger than me (I don’t care enough to bother with them). So she can pick these things out, just like how we can look at another guy who juices and pretty much know.

Well because the opposite is right. To live the longest it’s likely best to keep the damage from metabolism to a minimum.
All the smaller skinny old guys live the longest, that come in my shop. I do not see any fat or jacked old guys, lol.

Btw David looks his age. I’d bet he goes and gets laser on his face, or peels and uses other products.
That was the first thing my wife said when she saw him (btw she’s a pro with this, she’s 8 years older than me, but since she’s meticulous with her products most think she is a couple years younger than me (I don’t care enough to bother with them). So she can pick these things out, just like how we can look at another guy who juices and pretty much know.

I actually quit bodybuilding for a bit because of that, wanted to go the longevity road instead but i looked terrible even though my blood work was amazing. I still worked out but my diet was low protein, plant based, intermittent fasting.

Figured I could find a healthy compromise, just going to go for a lighter physique, kinda like a Conner mcgreggor body and do more cardiovascular training vs bodybuilding training

Due to everything I have read, NMN over NR. I will never use metformin, but berberine however is essential. For me the lifestyle is high protein and fats, low carbs, animal based diet, carb cycling, restrict calories in cuts only.

could you save me some time and tell me where you get NMN?
ray kurtsweil is lauding this stuff, so it must be good.

Everything I have read and example of certain diets points to fasting and minimal food intake and yeah less contamination of our body with overdoses of food, not combined in the optimal composition (protein/fat/carb mix) and/or poor vitamins and mineral mix seems to be the way to a longer ... maybe healthier but not so enjoyable life ( food is quite enjoyable).

Everything I have read and example of certain diets points to fasting and minimal food intake and yeah less contamination of our body with overdoses of food, not combined in the optimal composition (protein/fat/carb mix) and/or poor vitamins and mineral mix seems to be the way to a longer ... maybe healthier but not so enjoyable life ( food is quite enjoyable).

ok I’ll cut the steak back from 5 meals to 3 meals a day.

My gf fasts each day until dinner. She swears by it. I’ve done fasting in the past but not sure I can survive.

ok I’ll cut the steak back from 5 meals to 3 meals a day.

My gf fasts each day until dinner. She swears by it. I’ve done fasting in the past but not sure I can survive.
Sure you will survive. But yeah my steak consumption is not going to change especially not starving myself lol

Last edited:

just a few key points from david Sinclair
- exercise/stress the body
- fasting / caloric restriction
- adequate vitamin d / k
- resveratrol / metformin / nmn supplementation
- eat less processed carbs / lower protein diet
- eat organic

I was able to change my diet to still enjoy the foods I eat while eating healthy, I think that’s the best of both worlds. It’s like exercise, I find something I enjoy, so it’s not a chore to do.

Also I think the most important thing is staying at a healthy weight (calorie restriction) and exercise. Which is what layne norton also believes and the foods you eat have less of an impact on health.
this is the way I go about it now, I do the macro counting and as long as my weight is not going up and I’m staying lean I think health wise I’ll be fine

I think David Sinclair’s mentality is more extreme, although I take resveratrol because of the pro/cons. Pretty much 0 cons other than having to buy it, it doesn’t affect my quality of life like say fasting or restricting certain foods does.
life is too short to live it miserably, no ones guaranteed they’ll live long even if they followed all of the “longevity” lifestyle tips so it’s just something to add if it doesn’t affect your quality of life

Last edited:
@Rocky so your saying that you are taking

@Rocky so your saying that after taking 500mg in the morning and at night you were feeling better physically. If so I would give it a shot as the whole idea in life is to maximize your feeling of well being as you go through life. Can I ask you what brand you use? I will give anything a shot once as long as it does not have a lot of real negative sides.

@Rocky so your saying that you are taking

@Rocky so your saying that after taking 500mg in the morning and at night you were feeling better physically. If so I would give it a shot as the whole idea in life is to maximize your feeling of well being as you go through life. Can I ask you what brand you use? I will give anything a shot once as long as it does not have a lot of real negative sides.

The feeling was subtle, it wasn’t something i would have noticed but what was significant was my blood test markers. I suggest getting full bloodwork done before and then a few months after using it, the significant changes I saw were after around 2-3 months after taking it on bloodwork. Liver, kidney, cholesterol, blood sugars, hemoglobin a1c all were at the best they’ve been in a long time

I use bulksupplements 98% pure trans resveratrol powder cause I am subscribed to consumer labs.com and they tested bulk supplements resveratrol, which came back to meet label claims.
100g of powder is about $100 Canadian dollars, I just bought a 500g bag that’ll last me over a year cause they emailed me a coupon code “BULK10” for 10% off. The shipping fees and duty fees (prepaid) cost a fair amount though as well.

it’s a bit tedious to take, I take it by mixing the powder in yogurt (has to be one with fat, no fat free yogurt) as its fat soluble. I just use a teaspoon worth of yogurt.
Also the resveratrol should be kept in a cool dark place.

I just found a small supplement powder scoop and weighted out a level scoop, came out to be a bit over 500g, so I just used that to measure out my dose.

if you end up trying it, let me know how it goes, I’d love to know if my blood marker got better due to other lifestyle/supplements or if it was indeed the resveratrol.

Reactions: PGM
That diet would not fit the lifestyle I live. Strength is part of my life in everything I do. I think that’s why I maintain muscle even without training for months at a time.
If I get to 80 I’ll be ecstatic, 70 I’m fine with that.

just a few key points from david Sinclair
- exercise/stress the body
- fasting / caloric restriction
- adequate vitamin d / k
- resveratrol / metformin / nmn supplementation
- eat less processed carbs / lower protein diet
- eat organic

I was able to change my diet to still enjoy the foods I eat while eating healthy, I think that’s the best of both worlds. It’s like exercise, I find something I enjoy, so it’s not a chore to do.

Also I think the most important thing is staying at a healthy weight (calorie restriction) and exercise. Which is what layne norton also believes and the foods you eat have less of an impact on health.
this is the way I go about it now, I do the macro counting and as long as my weight is not going up and I’m staying lean I think health wise I’ll be fine

I think David Sinclair’s mentality is more extreme, although I take resveratrol because of the pro/cons. Pretty much 0 cons other than having to buy it, it doesn’t affect my quality of life like say fasting or restricting certain foods does.
life is too short to live it miserably, no ones guaranteed they’ll live long even if they followed all of the “longevity” lifestyle tips so it’s just something to add if it doesn’t affect your quality of life

Had me right up until "eat organic". Organic is a marketing term and totally meaningless from a health perspective. We've been sold a lie.