pissy

animal-inside

Trusted Member
So when I met my wife, she invested through an investor.. No big deal.. She was happy with just giving someone 500$ a month and not have the stress about screwing it up.. My wife is awful for "out of sight out of mind"..

My friend is big into investing and he looked at her stuff and told her she should learn to invest on her own and not loose all the commission etc.. he even told he could just remove the investor off the investments and leave everything else the same and keep dumping $ into the investments they had her in etc.. She didn't want the stress.

At one point, my wife decided to stop putting money into her investments each month.. We were saving to build a house..

Right around covid, I was able to convince the wife to invest 15k into gold.. she was only comfortable with letting her investor buy the gold boullion... no big deal... but I did catch that the investor picked a gold boullion account that gave her the highest commsion of the ones she listed... It was right around when covid started emerging in the world..

When covid first happened her investor did some odd things and then decided she was retiring.. A hushabd and wife was hired under the same company to replace her.. they got ahold of my wife and wanted to know if we'd like to talk and possibly start contributing again.. We agreed.

The new couple made lots of sense to me when we talked.. they seemed ok.. and to be honest, my wife doesn't want me doign her investments.. she is ok to pay someone else. Either way, this couple showed us where they wanted to move part her money from one place to another.. They showed us the history of the investments they wanted her money in and why they had and will liekly have a higher rate of return etc.. I was ok with it and they showed me they wanted to move a specific part of her investments into their choice.. Again, all seemed great..

With gold going up, I asked them for a statement for her gold boullion I had her buy... Then I found out that it was included in the money this couple moved into their investment choice..

Frig.. I was pissed.. I actually talked with them in that meeting about not wanting to get rid of the gold boullion.. I told them we wanted to keep it as a long term fail safe... But they had my wife sign off on moving it..... When I looked through the paper work, to me it seems like it was hidden... THe wife's old investements were under "mackenzie fincial".. And all the statements she signed to agree to move it didn't seem to indicate that the gold boullion she owned was a gold fund under mackenzie.. So I didn't pick up on it.

Rough guess is they cost my wife about 5k from the time they moved it from gold boullion into the investment they choose..

I could see why you are pissed.

Truth be told I’m pretty much done with my investment broker. My accounts are like sex, up and down, up and down, up and down.

This year I’m too busy but I asked my wife if I could have like 10 grand to piss with and try investing myself. I need to learn first what to do though, as I have no clue about this stuff. I’m great at making money in business but have no clue about investing.

Mind you I did get my rate reduced by my broker, told him I was very disappointed in the last couple years and he dropped it to 1.3%.

That sucks man.
Gold is doing great. Well, more like the dollar is doing shitty, gold just stays as gold.
I was lazy for years on gold, but finally bought in 2017/2018. But when i did it was physical gold. Wife wasnt sure about it, but its savings that wont be spent. Buy it and bury it. She is happy now that i did.
But to me gold in paper made no sense. I wanted the metal only.

Don't leave your money in other people's hands. Makes no sense to pay anyone this day an age

Reactions: 3ml
5k isn't the end of the world, but lesson learned unfortunately.

I would never leave my money in the hands of these so called investors. For what? Learn to manage your own money. I find it funny how people can know the statistics of sports, their favorite actors or musicians Intimate details but don't understand anything about money. It really isn't complicated. It can be depends on how deep you dive into it. For the average Joe they could learn enough in a few months to put them ahead if the pack.

My personal portfolio is up over 90% this year. Like fuck I'm gonna pay some clown a commission to put my money into some bullshit mutual fund and hope to get 7%.

I try to preach to people all the time that one of the best things to learn about is how to manage money. For me it's become my hobby. I cannot wait to get paid just so I can buy more crypto, stocks or metals as well as save for more properties. It excites me. I would much rather buy 150$ of a stock I want than a nice dinner. I'd rather dump 40k into a stock that is down but I believe will move up in the future than buy a Harley. I take more enjoy in getting another kilo of silver or ounce of gold than I do in buying some junk for my house.

I would never leave my money in the hands of these so called investors. For what? Learn to manage your own money. I find it funny how people can know the statistics of sports, their favorite actors or musicians Intimate details but don't understand anything about money. It really isn't complicated. It can be depends on how deep you dive into it. For the average Joe they could learn enough in a few months to put them ahead if the pack.

My personal portfolio is up over 90% this year. Like fuck I'm gonna pay some clown a commission to put my money into some bullshit mutual fund and hope to get 7%.

I try to preach to people all the time that one of the best things to learn about is how to manage money. For me it's become my hobby. I cannot wait to get paid just so I can buy more crypto, stocks or metals as well as save for more properties. It excites me. I would much rather buy 150$ of a stock I want than a nice dinner. I'd rather dump 40k into a stock that is down but I believe will move up in the future than buy a Harley. I take more enjoy in getting another kilo of silver or ounce of gold than I do in buying some junk for my house.
I've been really following what u been posting about crypto and investing. As a sub contractor I have to pay my own taxes and pension ect ect . So my savings /,future is 100% on me . One day if you have some down time I'd love to see a thread of you breaking down Crypto and how to spot possible upcoming and overall good investments.. You seem to know alot . Of course I do my own research but as your fully aware its alot to take in . Where do you start ? Who's giving the best advice. Seems like every dick and Harry on the net has the next best thing .. I remember you said to me best to be safe and just invest In BC which is the best advice so far I've heard . Would u be interested in making a thread on this matter? I bet they're will be alot of people interested.. I've also seen u talk with other members that know this stuff very well .

I could see why you are pissed.

Truth be told I’m pretty much done with my investment broker. My accounts are like sex, up and down, up and down, up and down.

This year I’m too busy but I asked my wife if I could have like 10 grand to piss with and try investing myself. I need to learn first what to do though, as I have no clue about this stuff. I’m great at making money in business but have no clue about investing.

Mind you I did get my rate reduced by my broker, told him I was very disappointed in the last couple years and he dropped it to 1.3%.

See what bothers me is if you and I jumped into the market, we WILL make mistakes.. When you give your money to a pro, they shouldn't make many if any mistakes.. Especially when you talk with them about how much risk you are willing to take.. If you agree to take risk, you will eventually get burned the odd time I would assume.. if you agree to low risk, you really shouldn't be going up/down/up/down etc.. mind you everything goes up/down.. but as a whole, it should be trending up.

My friend whose been doing his own investments for 20 years said he settles for no less then 7% rate of return. That's the standard he holds for himself.. He's been burned for sure.. but he's very much ahead when he looks at long term gains.

When you think of the ridicuslous economy we have in the world right now, one would think investing is risky... but when you are paying the pro, I really think they should know how to navigate these waters as well.. KEep in mind, these pro's sit in long long meetings with higher ups and learn how they are to invest the ppl's money they take.. The people you and I talk to are not making the decisions.. they are told what to do..

That sucks man.
Gold is doing great. Well, more like the dollar is doing shitty, gold just stays as gold.
I was lazy for years on gold, but finally bought in 2017/2018. But when i did it was physical gold. Wife wasnt sure about it, but its savings that wont be spent. Buy it and bury it. She is happy now that i did.
But to me gold in paper made no sense. I wanted the metal only.

I looked at being physical gold.. Man.. there's just so much added cost when I looked into it.. I need to learn more about it admittedly...

As I said, it's my wife's money.... She had 80% invested before we really started dating.. so although if we split, courts would say its half mine, I just let her decide what to do with it.

90%.. holy fuck man.. I'm all ears and eager to learn if you ever want to share.. I read lots of your posts about investing and I admit, some is over my head.. And I admit, I'm not comfortable doing crytpo, which I think you are and maybe that's where your biggest pay off came from this year?

As I said, it's my wife's money.... She had 80% invested before we really started dating.. so although if we split, courts would say its half mine, I just let her decide what to do with it.

90%.. holy fuck man.. I'm all ears and eager to learn if you ever want to share.. I read lots of your posts about investing and I admit, some is over my head.. And I admit, I'm not comfortable doing crytpo, which I think you are and maybe that's where your biggest pay off came from this year?
I agree with u and that's what my post basically said . Im dying to pick his brain ..Hes always been a no bs type of person. Would love to learn . I've watched YouTube videos ect ect but those are all over the place

This is exactly what I am thinking.
If I could get even 20% returns I could retire living the same lifestyle I do now in 5 years. I'd like push out another 10 just so I'd be safe from inflation.

Oh we gained 20% but now its dropping again. Makes me kinda sick, the guy has a shit load of my money.

It's funny but I do this with meat all the time, I buy on market trends. Meat is traded internationally so goes up and down with what is happening in other countries. I pay attention to this all the time. I likely made an extra 60,000 just paying attention. I figure managing my money if I have the same interest wouldn't be much different.

I could also care less about buying stuff anymore. I have been there and done that.

See what bothers me is if you and I jumped into the market, we WILL make mistakes.. When you give your money to a pro, they shouldn't make many if any mistakes.. Especially when you talk with them about how much risk you are willing to take.. If you agree to take risk, you will eventually get burned the odd time I would assume.. if you agree to low risk, you really shouldn't be going up/down/up/down etc.. mind you everything goes up/down.. but as a whole, it should be trending up.

My friend whose been doing his own investments for 20 years said he settles for no less then 7% rate of return. That's the standard he holds for himself.. He's been burned for sure.. but he's very much ahead when he looks at long term gains.

When you think of the ridicuslous economy we have in the world right now, one would think investing is risky... but when you are paying the pro, I really think they should know how to navigate these waters as well.. KEep in mind, these pro's sit in long long meetings with higher ups and learn how they are to invest the ppl's money they take.. The people you and I talk to are not making the decisions.. they are told what to do..
The pros aren't there to make money for you. Theres a staggering stat out that something like 80-90% of fund Managers don't even beat a basic index fund.

This is exactly what I am thinking.
If I could get even 20% returns I could retire living the same lifestyle I do now in 5 years. I'd like push out another 10 just so I'd be safe from inflation.

Oh we gained 20% but now its dropping again. Makes me kinda sick, the guy has a shit load of my money.

It's funny but I do this with meat all the time, I buy on market trends. Meat is traded internationally so goes up and down with what is happening in other countries. I pay attention to this all the time. I likely made an extra 60,000 just paying attention. I figure managing my money if I have the same interest wouldn't be much different.

I could also care less about buying stuff anymore. I have been there and done that.
Sounds like you already have the skill. Just need to apply it to markets.

I am surprised that giving your money to investors is a thing, why not just buy the US index fund and call it a day. Not right now of course, or buy bonds right now yielding 5% on treasuries

Unless having a complex hedge fund manage your money using complex strategies I don't see why anyone would give their money to a person/company/bank to invest.

These days I make quite high returns, after I quit bodybuilding I've invested most of my time into Computer Science and Finance/Economics. It's pretty much how I sustain my living these days. Roughly 5-10% returns on large accounts, which have near 0 risk mostly holding treasuries and bonds, and I trade smaller accounts for income where I make enough through options trading.

I am surprised that giving your money to investors is a thing, why not just buy the US index fund and call it a day. Not right now of course, or buy bonds right now yielding 5% on treasuries

Unless having a complex hedge fund manage your money using complex strategies I don't see why anyone would give their money to a person/company/bank to invest.

These days I make quite high returns, after I quit bodybuilding I've invested most of my time into Computer Science and Finance/Economics. It's pretty much how I sustain my living these days. Roughly 5-10% returns on large accounts, which have near 0 risk mostly holding treasuries and bonds, and I trade smaller accounts for income where I make enough through options trading.

I presented this to my wife as well.. Just take the investors names off her account and buy into the S and P index or something similar every month..

I presented this to my wife as well.. Just take the investors names off her account and buy into the S and P index or something similar every month..
I think this is a good idea depending on how much commission they're taking and what returns they are providing.

You have to factor in both inflation and also the commissions into your returns, if it ends up yielding less than treasuries, you're much better off just buying those, in my opinion.

I think this is a good idea depending on how much commission they're taking and what returns they are providing.

You have to factor in both inflation and also the commissions into your returns, if it ends up yielding less than treasuries, you're much better off just buying those, in my opinion.
Treasuries don't keep up with inflation that's the problem. Return free risk.

I just took a look at EFT's and things like it. Looks like an easy way to follow the market pretty risk free. Even a noob like me could do that, lol.

I was thinking of taking the extra money I have and see how I do against my guy.