Picked up a project car

thank you My 69 Nova came out of London. I bought it in 1988. Had it until about 2007. Miss that car but I'm looking forward to this one. Camaros and Novas well 3rd gen Novas anyway, were kissing cousins. Sharing many suspension pieces.
Thats a sweet car also! Lots of good times with car guys and gals. Lots of beer, exhaust fumes, Av gas and burnt rubber.

there are a lot of great engine options out there from old school to LS and everything in-between. Currently I'm researching the 8.1 vortec. 496 cubes. Cathedral heads, fuel injection, distributorless. Of course you can
go carb and distributor with them too if you want. I've kind of wanted to go big block so this might be the route I go. I need more research. In factory trim they had up too 600hp in the marine versions so they are able to put out decent hp.

there are a lot of great engine options out there from old school to LS and everything in-between. Currently I'm researching the 8.1 vortec. 496 cubes. Cathedral heads, fuel injection, distributorless. Of course you can
go carb and distributor with them too if you want. I've kind of wanted to go big block so this might be the route I go. I need more research. In factory trim they had up too 600hp in the marine versions so they are able to put out decent hp.
Be careful with them ones. Not many of the old school big block parts work. Little to no aftermarket parts. I believe its internally balanced and a 1 piece rear main.

Be careful with them ones. Not many of the old school big block parts work. Little to no aftermarket parts. I believe its internally balanced and a 1 piece rear main.
definitely the old school parts don't work, only 1 intake available if you want to go carb and that is from dart and very expensive. I haven't done much research yet on them though to learn the pluses and minuses.