Overcoming drug addiction? Strength training helps

Interesting this thread is bumped recently when I decide to randomly drop by here. Been fighting a vicious addiction for a while now honestly surprised I'm still kicking after multiple OD. Anyways I'm sorry but no this would not work for the vast vast majority whom are seriously hardcore with the stuff, a little pill habit is not what I mean here. like I really couldn't imagine stepping in the gym now when it's a task itself simply just to get showered and buy groceries. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for those who beat their demons with iron but take a walk down skidrow and look at the people, they are too busy folded up in a human pretzel to tie their shoes so forget the gym. Its all too common these days things getting out of control. Not looking for sympathy only wanted to give my 2c and briefly share. Try to get clean soon and get back to where I left off. at least I'm super lean for once.
I'm sorry your struggling brother, pm me if you want any tips or advice. I've been to hell and back I know exactly where your coming from. It's hard as fuck but if you want to you change