Options for blood work? Maple in particular

AmIStrongYet

Trusted Member
Looking to get some on cycle blood work done soon, and wondering what options we have in canada. I'd rather not go to my GP as I just got accepted by her practice, and she doesnt even want to monitor my Trt. She said she will give me requisitions but if anything come back out of range I have to go back to my endo that put me on.

I know naturopaths are an option that keeps it private.

I know theres let's get checked which is private but costs quite a bit from what I've seen.

Does anyone have experience with Maple? This is from ab email from them when I asked about privacy

"We take privacy very seriously here at Maple. Your health information always stays private on Maple, and only you have full ownership and control over it. This means no one else has access to your personal health information, and you get to choose who you want to share it with, including any physicians you see on Maple."

Does anyone have any experience to confirm that my doctor wouldn't see my results? Is there anything else I'm missing?

LGC isn't servicing Canada anymore. Check if you're covered by your benefits for Naturopath, mine covers 80% up to $500 a year. Also, the ND I deal with knows a great deal about blood markers, and is open and willing to help me. The appointments are covered, just not the blood work req's, that comes out of pocket but it is well worth it.

I've tried Babylon a couple times, it's similar to Maple, but to no avail. Two different doctors on Babylon refused to help me out with blood work as I was open about what I am doing.

Naturopath but your GP and any physician can access any bloodwork that a NP requests for you.

You can be open with a NP as they generally don't care because your paying with your dollars. The conversation is confidential but any bloodwork stays on your file that is visible to all if they want to look.

For Ontario you can prevent access to OLIS

"Deciding Whether to Share Your Information If you wish to withdraw or reinstate consent for the ministry and health care providers to access your test results contained in OLIS, you may do so in the following ways:
• Restrict access to ALL of your information. To do this, you can complete a Withdrawal of Consent Form and submit it to a laboratory participating in OLIS when having a test performed.
Alternatively, you can contact ServiceOntario at 1-800-291- 1405 (TTY: 1-800-387-5559), at your convenience"