One of many of Bull's pet peeves

Taureau

Administrator
I find it insulting that a family member would send me happy birthday wishes via txt messaging
omg if they cannot take a minute out of their busy day to call me and speak to me then don't bother

for this I am only talking family members and not casual friends or acquaintances

On each family members birthday I txt happy birthday just after 12am so I am the first one to wish them a happy birthday
then the next day I follow that up with a phone call do not only wish them a happy birthday but to get caught up on their lives and how they are doing.

Yea I think with texting being so easy it's making people slightly anti social, and makes it harder for people to talk to each other on the phone or in person.

Me and my bro & sis text eachother happy birthday as its how we regularly communicate. We never call eachother. If I got a voice call from my bro/sis I would instantly assume something is very wrong.

Come to think of it the only people I ever talk to on the phone are my parents and my aunt. Wifey sometimes but only when she is driving via voice command and cant msg. If not for them I wouldn't even need a phone, a mini tablet would suffice and I could get by on wifi with msg apps.

I find it insulting that a family member would send me happy birthday wishes via txt messaging
omg if they cannot take a minute out of their busy day to call me and speak to me then don't bother

for this I am only talking family members and not casual friends or acquaintances

On each family members birthday I txt happy birthday just after 12am so I am the first one to wish them a happy birthday
then the next day I follow that up with a phone call do not only wish them a happy birthday but to get caught up on their lives and how they are doing.
I read this and instantly felt bad, then a read a bit more and felt better.

I had just one phone call
Not a one from my kids or sisters

I do my part to spoil them on their birthdays

Not one of them gave me anything. Not even a card
Now that is pretty sad.

I’ll text, but I am at work and let them know I will call later. For some reason I always end up calling my dad like 2 days later. This year he was laughing about it, bet my mom I would be late by 2 days.

Mind you he can't say anything, for years he thought my birthday was the 26 not the 25, because that was the day he saw me. He was working way up north at a gas plant.

Last edited:
I don't get a single happy birthday call and I'm happy with that to be honest. When my kids get older and not living with me, I'd really hope I'd get a call or a coffee visit.

I get a couple happy bday texts and those are ok.. Again, doesn't bother me if I don't get them.

I get more msgs on facebook than anything else.

I don't get a single happy birthday call and I'm happy with that to be honest. When my kids get older and not living with me, I'd really hope I'd get a call or a coffee visit.

I get a couple happy bday texts and those are ok.. Again, doesn't bother me if I don't get them.

I get more msgs on facebook than anything else.

I hear ya, I've got it down to only closest family that know my birthday now, and even my kids know to keep it short.

I hope my kids forget my birthday and would just call or msg out of the blue to say hi, that would mean a lot more than a day they'd probably feel forced to remember, or reminded to call their dad by an alarm going off on their phone.

Call me if you want to, not because you think you have to. I'd honestly rather they don't call me at all if they didn't care, at least it's honest. I'll hopefully be retired in Thailand by then so I'll be plenty busy.

I hear ya, I've got it down to only closest family that know my birthday now, and even my kids know to keep it short.

I hope my kids forget my birthday and would just call or msg out of the blue to say hi, that would mean a lot more than a day they'd probably feel forced to remember, or reminded to call their dad by an alarm going off on their phone.

Call me if you want to, not because you think you have to. I'd honestly rather they don't call me at all if they didn't care, at least it's honest. I'll hopefully be retired in Thailand by then so I'll be plenty busy.

It;s odd, I don;t expect or like much attention for bday, being sick etc... And since I'm like that way, I am not like that to others.. I don't even think about it..

my cloestest friends don't get a bday call from me... I don't even think about it..

My closest friend's son got cancer a couple weeks ago.. My friend and his son are my main hunting partners.. I sent him a text when they were in the city and got the diagnosis.. I told him if there is anything i can do to help him or his family to let me know and I'll take of it. I told him even if it as small as picking up his mail or as big as driving the 6 hour trip to the city to bring them something to don't hesitate to ask me.. I sent him a text a week later with the same offer.. but I didn't call.. when he made it back to town here, we went for a drive after to work to have the personal conversation about things.. I mention this, because I know a shit ton of ppl who are not nearly as close to him or his son as I am who called him 5 x a day to see how they were doing..

Me and my ppl know we are there for each other, but we don't need constant calls/texts to show it.

Me and my bro & sis text eachother happy birthday as its how we regularly communicate. We never call eachother. If I got a voice call from my bro/sis I would instantly assume something is very wrong.

Come to think of it the only people I ever talk to on the phone are my parents and my aunt. Wifey sometimes but only when she is driving via voice command and cant msg. If not for them I wouldn't even need a phone, a mini tablet would suffice and I could get by on wifi with msg apps.
It’s funny you mention this.

That was the similar situation with my sisters and I. I’ve recently gone through many life challenges the last year and one of the changes I’ve made was making it a point to rekindle those often convos. The first few that happened I think they thought I was crazy or someone was sick and/or dead. Lol. 😝

Needless to say persistency and consistency paid off and we all talk at least a couple times a week now on the phone rather than the random text and call.

FB