Ok...if your vegan, why would you want your plant to taste like meat??

Oldguyjiujitsu

OAF
Trusted Member
This is a question that has bothered me since the whole Beyond Meat thing started. I get if you want to be vegan...you don't want to eat meat for various reason...I don't agree but you do you. BUT why would a vegan want a highly processed plant to taste like meat?

Then i read this LOL
IMG_0278.jpg

Because meat tastes awesome! Lol! Even the vegans know it... they just won’t admit it.

Highly processed? Fuck me... my wife once bought some vegan ice cream for our kiddo’s birthday party for some of the kids. The fucking shit did not melt at all when we left it in our sink to melt and throw out after the party.

All that meatless prepares shit is the worst of the worst when you check an ingredients list!

This has been one of my talking points for a while. If you don’t want to eat meat then why try so hard to make veggies taste like it.

And in turn process the shit out them to get there. Thanks I’ll just eat that delicious cow over there.

I am going to make a merrit like Arby’s did.
Yes a carrot made from meat.
I’m going to boil the flavour out of a carrot, then reduce it to concentrate it, add it to emulsified chicken and stuff it in a casing that is shaped like a carrot. Add some orange food colouring and we will have a merrit.

Mine will be better than Arby’s, they only rubbed carrot powder on the outside, mine will taste like carrot all the way thru.

This has been one of my talking points for a while. If you don’t want to eat meat then why try so hard to make veggies taste like it.

And in turn process the shit out them to get there. Thanks I’ll just eat that delicious cow over there.

If we were meant to eat plants we wouldn’t have binocular vision, our eyes both pointing forward just like every other predator on this planet.

Don’t forget they’ll swear up and down that they’re the healthiest people around. I dated one and tried to stick with her diet holy shit I damn near died! Lol

I never was a vegan, but was an ovo-lacterian for just over two years. I didn't miss the taste of meat in the least, but it was the smell of barbeques in the summer that set off a craving. My wife on the other hand couldn't stand the smell. I succumbed once and had a burger and it tasted foreign. Like something I shouldn't be eating.
When I finally started to eat meat I had more or less lost my taste for red meat in general, with the exception of burgers. I could handle poultry and fish no problem, but red meat still isn't a big part of my diet. I have no idea why a vegan would want to have food that tastes like meat. Boggles my mind.

Don’t forget they’ll swear up and down that they’re the healthiest people around. I dated one and tried to stick with her diet holy shit I damn near died! Lol

The diet lacks iron, and the iron they get from there food is absorbed poorly.

Then the one that don't eat dairy lack calcium in the diet and over a long time will lead to a broken hip.

Unless they add a iron tab or calcium tab in there diet.

I will say at least the high fat diet, you get iron and calcium in the diet. A nice steak and cheese curds.:)

I had a veggie burger like over 15 years ago from a health good store, man just nasty.

I think the whole Beyond Meat thing is partially perpetuated on the environmental impact. That being said I think it's main objective is to target meat eater and not vegans, hence the tasting like meat thing. Oh and if it is a cheaper option than meat and there is more profit.....

like anything there are different kinds of vegans . true believers to virtue signallers and everything in between. true believers wont touch that shit.
i tried vegetarianism for an experiment. shit 3-4 times a day. my sore anus made me stop

Couldnt agree more - wife brought home some hamburger shaped shit that was supposed to resemble a hamburger. Few bites and I said fuck it and I will pretty much eat anything. I love veggies too but the crap that is processed to be like meat is crap.

I think the whole Beyond Meat thing is partially perpetuated on the environmental impact. That being said I think it's main objective is to target meat eater and not vegans, hence the tasting like meat thing. Oh and if it is a cheaper option than meat and there is more profit.....
You know it’s been proven that it doesn’t lessen the environmental impact much of at all.

Everyone forgets the whole part where things need to be shipped from other countries. Plus the chemicals they spray is insane. Nevermind that most crops are so modified from their original version.
Or picked unripened so there is a lot less nutritional value. Then it’s ripened with co2 in the trucks it’s shipped in.

Animals can graze on land not suitable for planting as well. I wouldn’t want to imagine the shortage of food if everyone went plant based diets.

You know it’s been proven that it doesn’t lessen the environmental impact much of at all.

Everyone forgets the whole part where things need to be shipped from other countries. Plus the chemicals they spray is insane. Nevermind that most crops are so modified from their original version.
Or picked unripened so there is a lot less nutritional value. Then it’s ripened with co2 in the trucks it’s shipped in.

Animals can graze on land not suitable for planting as well. I wouldn’t want to imagine the shortage of food if everyone went plant based diets.

Let me rephrase....the perceived environmental impact.