Nandrolone and finasteride

Goldenrod

Staff member
Hope this belongs in this section It if not - apologies. I’m at an age in which some substances make the hair disappear.
Not a medical emergency but if I can avoid it, I will. I am taking deca, albeit low doses compared to most, and the information floating around (wouldn’t call it scientific) is contradicting. I’m not being lazy here, I read about as much as I can find and I’m still confused.
Multiple people say deca and finasteride will not cause hair loss, others say the opposite. Finasteride prevents the conversation to DHT which helps with testosterone but if I understand correctly, nandrolone converts to a weaker DHN. A few statements indicated finasteride will block the conversation to DHN and will cause havoc on the hair line - how/why? Is this because it will not be converted to a Weaker substance?
To be clear MPB runs in the family but I’m close to 50 and still have a good head of hair but it is thinning.
If anything I said in this post is wrong, please correct me as I’m trying to learn and regurgitating what could be total BS.
Appreciate any suggestions/science based info/real world experiences.

Cheers GR

I don’t know anything about finasteride and deca together causing hair loss
But deca and mast made my hair fall out and nothing ever did. Make pattern baldness doesn’t run in my family. I never used deca again after that

Finasteride did stop it, at least in my case.

Ironic as Deca is reputed to be one the safest hair loss compounds but everyone reacts to everything differently.

I don’t know anything about finasteride and deca together causing hair loss
But deca and mast made my hair fall out and nothing ever did. Make pattern baldness doesn’t run in my family. I never used deca again after that

Finasteride did stop it, at least in my case.

It was probably the mast, not the deca.

Fin will just help slow the inevitable. Use of any steroid will aggravate it. I typically avoid mast and winn.

If your hair is a really large concern, then anything over standard TRT should be avoided
Thank you @Zuespas - what I’m trying to figure out is if finasteride should be dropped on nandrolone. Some people say yes and some say no. Agreed - anything above TRT will have an impact but some are harder on the locks.
Thanks again GR

Thank you @Zuespas - what I’m trying to figure out is if finasteride should be dropped on nandrolone. Some people say yes and some say no. Agreed - anything above TRT will have an impact but some are harder on the locks.
Thanks again GR

Based on experience, don't drop using Fin. You'll experience shedding when you stop. The key is just to be extremely consistent. I use it with Deca and Tren botyh being 19nors and I'd prob be bald as a Q ball without. Mast and win seem to be the hardest on the hair whether using fin or not

It was probably the mast, not the deca.
I’ve used mast in other cycles without any issues, only happened when I combined masteron and deca

Not sure how masterons anti estrogen properties work but it could have been masteron blocking estrogen conversion causing more dht

Finasteride doesn’t block dht but blocks the conversion from 5 alpha reductase, so it wouldn’t directly stop masterons direct effect on hairloss

However finasteride did work in my situation, I also never lose hair, this was the only time

kinda stumped. Mast acts in a few different ways here as far as an anti estrogen. First as a dht it doesn’t convert to estrogen itself. So it’s already recognized as dht and cannot aromatize.

Second as a dht it has a very strong binding affinity for shbg so it “free’s up” testosterone to circulate freely and find receptors. This means higher androgens.

Third it was created for use in women to combat estrogen dominant tumours like those in breast cancer and was once prescribed along side serms for breast cancer treatment. It is said to work as an aromatase inhibitor and we all know what AI’s do.

Last, there is also talk that it or it’s metabolites can mess with rna transcription at the cellular level after estrogen has bound at the receptor this preventing estrogen uptake by disrupting everything .The only things I’m thinking is somehow since there will be more androgens available, there’s also more 5alpha reductase converting them to dht which adds to the dht derivatives already being introduced.... That seems kinda weird though and could happen every time mast is stacked with something else. Hey be would think a high test/mast cycle would be worse. Only with nandrolone and mast where this has been an issue? Total doses similar to other cycles or different?

Fin will just help slow the inevitable. Use of any steroid will aggravate it. I typically avoid mast and winn.

If your hair is a really large concern, then anything over standard TRT should be avoided

Agreed.

What works for me is having the head buzzed short ( I do no guard) for increased efficacy of:

5% Minoxidil 1x day
15% Minoxidil formula that included topical finasteride and azealic acid (minoxidl max) 1x day usually evenings
1.25mg finasteride orally daily

I've noticed the hair follicoles remain strong regardless of Deca. I make sure to use Test in the cycles. It works for Var and Tbol as well. I have not tried any other compounds and believe these are the safest for the hair line.

PS I like how many responses you got here compared to CJM ;)

Agreed.

What works for me is having the head buzzed short ( I do no guard) for increased efficacy of:

5% Minoxidil 1x day
15% Minoxidil formula that included topical finasteride and azealic acid (minoxidl max) 1x day usually evenings
1.25mg finasteride orally daily

I've noticed the hair follicoles remain strong regardless of Deca. I make sure to use Test in the cycles. It works for Var and Tbol as well. I have not tried any other compounds and believe these are the safest for the hair line.

PS I like how many responses you got here compared to CJM ;)
Thanks @vancity88 - odd no one really responded at CJM. I did have a few PM’s.

Majority of steroids will increase hair loss if you’re genetically prone to it like I am.

Test, Deca seem to be the best to run with least impact on the hairline. I use RU58841 daily, Finasteride, and Nizoral shampoo.

I ran tren for 2-3 months and it destroyed my hairline so quick. I went from like NW2 to a NW3 with a ton of thinning on top. I’m still trying to recover and regrow as much as possible.

Eventually it’s best to just shave the head when it gets too far gone.

Majority of steroids will increase hair loss if you’re genetically prone to it like I am.

Test, Deca seem to be the best to run with least impact on the hairline. I use RU58841 daily, Finasteride, and Nizoral shampoo.

I ran tren for 2-3 months and it destroyed my hairline so quick. I went from like NW2 to a NW3 with a ton of thinning on top. I’m still trying to recover and regrow as much as possible.

Eventually it’s best to just shave the head when it gets too far gone.
Agree on nizoral - it helps a lot. Where do you get your RU? I have two options, well three but the kind CMS sells leaves a white film on your head.
Thanks