Mr.Monkey's Log

I like them, I struggle a lot with the form...its a work in progress so I've dropped the weight considerably and we've also added in corrective holds to try and improve mobility/flexibility which in turn should improve form & ROM. I'm quite tall and have very poor flexibility which means back generally rounds & ROM with good form is very short.
chest up ass back will definitely increase your rom and maintain straight back, and let your knees go where they will go... usually the comfort spot. I tried a lot of foot positioning and stance width ... the sweet spot for me is about shoulder width feet slightly pointed out. RDL's are awesome and have helped my DL big time. But have fun with them cause that is what this is all about, for me anyway.

25 Nov - Rest Day/Check-In

Practiced vacuums fasted this morning.

Prev Weight: 240
Mid Week Weight: 240.2
Current Weight: 238.2
BG: 4.3 mmol/L
BP: 115/72

chest up ass back will definitely increase your rom and maintain straight back, and let your knees go where they will go... usually the comfort spot. I tried a lot of foot positioning and stance width ... the sweet spot for me is about shoulder width feet slightly pointed out. RDL's are awesome and have helped my DL big time. But have fun with them cause that is what this is all about, for me anyway.
I try all that lol my form still sucks. We're working hard to correct that. I dont DL due to a low back injury sustained a few years ago so maybe that comes into play too.

I enjoy the lift which is why I'm sticking with it.

I try all that lol my form still sucks. We're working hard to correct that. I dont DL due to a low back injury sustained a few years ago so maybe that comes into play too.

I enjoy the lift which is why I'm sticking with it.
Pulls off blocks may be cool to try to and may not impact your back much. They really fucked up when the architected the human back. I built adjustable height blocks out of 2x4's and do deads and power pulls at different heights. Lots of fun.

Nov 26 - Shoulders/Biceps

DB Press: 95x8

Hammer Strength Press: 230x8, 2, 2
Rest Pause

Dual Cables: 45x8, 3, 3
Rest Pause

Seated Lat Raise: 23.5x12, 23.5x12
Stay at this weight next week, consolidate form and slow reps down.

Rear Delt Fly: 237.5x14, 6, 5
Rest Pause

Cable Curl (Fat Gripz): 50x12, 80x12, 100x12, 110x12

D-handle Inc Curl: 50x10, 8 (R) 7 (L), 6
Rest Pause

Hammer Curl: 45x8, 6, 4

Good workout. Weight or reps increased on everything excluding DB press. Last week I had the 100's up then for the next week or two I'm going to focus on form and hitting 10 reps with the 95s before jumping up. I connect well with my Shoulders/Delts so workouts are usually good and they are one of my stronger body parts.

Vacuums practiced again fasted AM.

Last edited:
Nov 27 - Legs

Leg Ext/Ham Curls/Adduction warm up

Seated Leg Curl: 230 (stack) x 8, 5 partials

Hack Squats: 6P+60lbs x 15

Lying DB Curl: 70x12, 3, 2 + 6sec hold
Rest Pause

Leg Press: 5Px20, 5Px20

Leg Ext: 140x15, 140x15
SS
Sissy Squats: 12, 12

Adduction: 170x11, 170x7, 3, 4
Second set rest pause

Vacuums practiced fasted AM.

This has been the best leg day in a while. Everything clicked, felt good and strong.

Standing calf press: 145x15, 145x15

Heading into week 10 of cycle, sent more estrogen bloodwork away this morning so will hopefully have the results by the end of the week.

Cycle has been great so far largely down to experiencing zero sides and no need for an AI. I think these two have been the biggest plus and I've felt great throughout.

Gains wise, we started on 238.2... now sitting at 242.2 as of this morning. I'm not concentrating on the scale at all as the changes in the mirror are more important. Since the start of the cycle I actually dropped down to 234 when we were initially dialing in cals & spent a few weeks recomping successfully. I'm now way leaner at this weight than I have ever been.

Strength wise, its been steady progress. I add weight and/or reps every workout. There have been no huge jumps but every workout its usually a 2.5-5lb increase.

We will likely keep pushing until we hit the wall. Things are going well.