Mighty Ginger?

Goldenrod

Staff member

Just one of dozens of pages on the benefits and questions about herbs / ginger, etc. I am a fan of ginger and have read enough scientific studies and posted them here to believe, albeit moderation is key, it is very beneficial for the liver and inflammation. At least that was my experience.
Just like a drug a herb could contradict with a medication you take or not be as advertised so research but for people who liver an active / lifting weights lifestyle this may be a good herb to add plus its very cheap.
If I could find the fresh being better than powder I would post it again but I think that is somewhat obvious. Powdered ginger still had an impact but not as much as cutting a chunk of fresh and eating it a few times a day.
It is a pungent herb and not everyone likes it as it almost burns as much as fresh garlic.

Just more info to think about. Not saying take it but as long as I am above the ground it will be a regular supplement / food I consume. I believe it was 'voted' herb of the year in 2023 albeit I have no idea who votes and what variables make a herb the best of the year. Don't quote me on the last one but I am 100% sure I read it on some paper written out a US university.

My wife has been making something called a "ginger bug" which is basically along the lines of a sourdough starter / probiotic ginger ferment. Once established it's used to make further probiotic, ginger-based drinks. The link is just some random website that seems to have the basic information on it, I'm not sure what information resources she uses, but she's big into fermented things and probiotics due to some of her immune system and digestive issues.

Ginger bug, if it interests you:

https://nourishedkitchen.com/ginger-bug/