Late night snack ideas

Bench495

Trusted Member
Good day gentlemen

Looking for some ideas for late night snacks/meals as me and the lady usually wind down at night and watch some tv shows or talk about our days. During this time I’m always grabbing something quick to snack on chips, crackers, cookies ect. I’m looking to stop the bad habits and replace with some healthier options.

I got some protein chips that are kind of like Doritos. And Hippeas; which are like Cheetos made with chickpeas. They’re great for when I want something crunchy. You can also roast off chickpeas, and add some sea salt, or use those popcorn seasoning powders. Other than that, pretty much just beef jerky, and trail mix.

I got some protein chips that are kind of like Doritos. And Hippeas; which are like Cheetos made with chickpeas. They’re great for when I want something crunchy. You can also roast off chickpeas, and add some sea salt, or use those popcorn seasoning powders. Other than that, pretty much just beef jerky, and trail mix.
Where do you get the protein chips from? they sound good

I would say it really depends on your nutrition goals - are you want to lose weight, maintain weight or gain weight?

Do you tend to lean towards sweet or salty snacks?
Tighten up a little bit . Preferably I want to lose 5-10lb over the course of June and July
Sitting around 245lb 5”9 top 4 abs visible in the morning. But I’ve been eating junk most nights my body burns it but I don’t gain or lose weight

For sure cutting out the junk at night will help. Let's say you're eating 500 calories of extra food a night, 3500 calories a week. That comes in at a pound a week of fat loss if you manage to eliminate it.

Do you like coffee or tea? Decaf coffee or tea with some stevia or splenda black if you can will cost you nothing in terms of calories. Not nearly as delicious, however if you make it a habit you may enjoy it.

As far as food there is one thing I've wanted to try and that is is scrambled eggs with chocolate syrup - apparently it tastes like chocolate cake, only egg textured, pretty solid thing to eat before bed. I'm going to give it a go once I'm on my surplus diet!

It's honestly all about breaking the habit. Think about when you first started working out, hard at first but once you make it a habit it becomes easy. Same thing only in reverse.

I am losing weight right now, so no snacking at night. Just my lame protein powder and water before bed.

cottage cheese and a tablespoon of EVOO,
rice crackers with a slice or two of roast beef on them.
greek yogurt with some nuts, berries, and a little protein powder for flavor.
If I'm trying to gain weight, I eat 3-4 tablespoons of almonds and 4-6 raw whole eggs. I realize uncooked eggs apparently don't have the same protein as cooked but the scale and mirror doesn't lie. I eat raw eggs all the time.