Late night snack? Cottage cheese is your best option

Cottage cheese is a great and healthy snack but my favourite late night snack is bean salad. Probably not as protein friendly but beans, olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, garlic powder, red pepper, and artichoke hearts - healthy and filling and keep sin the fridge for days.

Cottage cheese is a great and healthy snack but my favourite late night snack is bean salad. Probably not as protein friendly but beans, olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, garlic powder, red pepper, and artichoke hearts - healthy and filling and keep sin the fridge for days.

What types of beans do you use?

Black beans and a 5 bean medley from a can if I’m lazy. We buy a 5 bean mix and boil them - the latter is obviously better for you. If from a can - 10-15 minutes and it lasts for 5-7 days in the fridge.
Kidney, garbanzo, black beans, chickpeas, almost any kind but I love black beans the most. I also forgot - feta cheese mixed in makes the salad.

Favourite cottage cheese snack that I am hooked on is 250g of cheese, half an apple cut up, and some cinnamon.

Reactions: PGM
I try to stay away from the dairy but I’m a sucker for cottage cheese and ground pepper, nice and simple.

To this I'd add if you have access to dry curd cottage cheese give it a try. Half a cup is 22 g protein, 0 fat, and 2 carbs. Relatively easy way to increase protein intake if the idea of another chicken breast or shake doesn't appeal. It's tasteless so I like to add some salt and pepper or a good heap of cinnamon and eat it like that. Or can be added to yogurt to moisten it and bump up overall protein intake on those low carb days.