Lantus

I have in the past. Was significantly easier to use than fast acting slin but difficult not to put on some pudge with it.

In the past yes, now i prefer Tressiba, even longer acting, no real up and down. Atc over 72 hours, but i don't think it is really that accessible

I personally prefer dosing humalog multiple times per day if I'm wanting more insulin... two reasons for this:

1. I can control exactly when my peaks are and plan meals around them.

2. I find it easier to stay leaner while not having a consistent dose of insulin in my body.

I've run up to 40ius 3x a day of humalog as an experiment (don't try it at home, kids!) And definitely prefered the results on that vs the few times I had tried lantus.

I have in the past. Was significantly easier to use than fast acting slin but difficult not to put on some pudge with it.

This is my first run with it
I definitely find it easier to use.
Weird thing is I usually get a bit fatter on Log or R
For me I’m really liking it. I take it first thing in the am
I workout at 6 am so I eat around 430 am with a decent amount of carbs, post workout a lot of carbs again and then I kind of taper off the carbs throughout the day until my last meal I’m basically at zero carbs

One thing I noted though is a small dose of Log with lantus in your system hits like a tonne of bricks. Even 3-5 iu feels like 10 or more

This is my first run with it
I definitely find it easier to use.
Weird thing is I usually get a bit fatter on Log or R
For me I’m really liking it. I take it first thing in the am
I workout at 6 am so I eat around 430 am with a decent amount of carbs, post workout a lot of carbs again and then I kind of taper off the carbs throughout the day until my last meal I’m basically at zero carbs

One thing I noted though is a small dose of Log with lantus in your system hits like a tonne of bricks. Even 3-5 iu feels like 10 or more

How much Lantus are you using? Im running 10iu/am and 10iu/pm and loving it

Started at 20 am then went to 25 then 30
Sometimes I’ll take 3-5 iu of Log with my GH shots too
Im not sure if you can get lantus from shoppers drug mart in Canada. I bought humalog but never thought to ask for the longer acting slin.

I personally prefer dosing humalog multiple times per day if I'm wanting more insulin... two reasons for this:

1. I can control exactly when my peaks are and plan meals around them.

2. I find it easier to stay leaner while not having a consistent dose of insulin in my body.

I've run up to 40ius 3x a day of humalog as an experiment (don't try it at home, kids!) And definitely prefered the results on that vs the few times I had tried lantus.

:eek::eek::eek::unsure::unsure::unsure: