Knee brace recommendations

silentlemon1011

Trusted Member
Anyone have a good sleeve or brace recommendation?

Currently using wraps, but to be honest... I'm getting really tired of loosening and tightening for every single set.

My issues

Left Knee
Torn Miniscus
Worn down cartilage.

Right knee
Minor ACL tear
Minor MCL tear
Worn down cartilage

Hoping I can find a rockstar pair of sleeves that compare to wraps... but we all know, when getting into qaulity equipment... the price tag is high and I want to be sure of a qaulity product.

Thanks guys

Physiolifter is the man you want to chat with.

But I'm l there is a few others with past knee issues that can recommend you something good.

You want a Donjoy knee brace of some sort. They are the best on the market although they can get a little expensive. If you have excellent benefits, plan you may be able to have one covered and get it custom-fitted. I wore two Donjoys for the last five years of having my knees, and they were extremely beneficial regardless of the situation I found myself in. I had them custom fitted at my local Physio Supply store after my Ortho wrote the scrip.
1571608196397.png

You want a Donjoy knee brace of some sort. They are the best on the market although they can get a little expensive. If you have excellent benefits, plan you may be able to have one covered and get it custom-fitted. I wore two Donjoys for the last five years of having my knees, and they were extremely beneficial regardless of the situation I found myself in. I had them custom fitted at my local Physio Supply store after my Ortho wrote the scrip.
View attachment 3094

You certainly know your stuff.

I actually have an old school pair (back when they were almost ankle to groin)
They are also covered in foam, unlike the newer models.
Back when I snapped my knee backwards.. actually ended up with my toe hitting me straight in the balls.
Was disgusting... but also kind of funny in retrospect.

I'm kind of an idiot, so I'm lifting decently heavy now and I feel like I need compression on my knees.

When I wrap them up hard, I can throw a decent but more weight on my squats.

He is a member on the site, I just don't see him posting much.

I'll shoot him a PM as well, thanks.

I'm not in a huge hurry either,
Wraps are working well, it's just very frustrating... I tie them TIGHT, so i have to unravel after every set...

Unfortunatly my sets are only 2-3 reps on my way up to max, so that's a lot of wrapping lol

You certainly know your stuff.

I actually have an old school pair (back when they were almost ankle to groin)
They are also covered in foam, unlike the newer models.
Back when I snapped my knee backwards.. actually ended up with my toe hitting me straight in the balls.
Was disgusting... but also kind of funny in retrospect.

I'm kind of an idiot, so I'm lifting decently heavy now and I feel like I need compression on my knees.

When I wrap them up hard, I can throw a decent but more weight on my squats.

Ouch!
They helped me considerably but I did wind up getting both knees replaced.

Ouch!
They helped me considerably but I did wind up getting both knees replaced.

Yeah, getting kicked in the knee by a really large thoroughbred is not pleasant lol.

I need for sure 1 replaced.... but I'm doing everything I can to prevent that.

How are your lifts with new knees?

Yeah, getting kicked in the knee by a really large thoroughbred is not pleasant lol.

I need for sure 1 replaced.... but I'm doing everything I can to prevent that.

How are your lifts with new knees?

Lol! What lifts? Man, I have to be so very careful with everything I want to do. I am more or less limited to leg presses, leg extensions and wrestling bridges. Bodyweight squats are OK if I superset them with extensions. I can still fire off quite a few kicks in a workout but that is getting increasingly difficult as my first replacement is showing some wear and tear. Oh, the joy of age!

Lol! What lifts? Man, I have to be so very careful with everything I want to do. I am more or less limited to leg presses, leg extensions and wrestling bridges. Bodyweight squats are OK if I superset them with extensions. I can still fire off quite a few kicks in a workout but that is getting increasingly difficult as my first replacement is showing some wear and tear. Oh, the joy of age!

That's the reason I'm.agraid to get it replaced.

I love squats lol.

I'm willing to bet it will kill my deadlifts as well.

I'll deal with the pain hahaha

That's the reason I'm.agraid to get it replaced.

I love squats lol.

I'm willing to bet it will kill my deadlifts as well.

I'll deal with the pain hahaha

I kept going with deads right up to the week before my first replacement. When I had one knee done I was off balance when I tried them and that was very light. Maybe if I had them replaced at a shorter interval it may have helped me to continue with them but my priority was to get my Martial Arts back up to snuff. Up to snuff for an olf fart.

https://cerberus-strength.ca/collections/knee-sleeves

Canadian -I have torn knee ligaments on both knees both inner and outer and wrapping unwrapping was a pain
I bought the 9mm ones and they are tight/have not stretched/reasonable to get on -helps me squat/leg press without pain that is there even with light weights.I am almost 70yrs and squatted 485x 5x4x4 today.I would say 70% of my good Sling shot wraps as I have no one to wrap me and self wrap is not as tight.

Squat/squat/squat or die trying --lol and if you wreck yourself have your friends add a couple of plates to bar -take a pic-then call 911

1571622934744.jpeg1571622934744.jpeg

That’s because I hurt his feelings.

If you have partial acl/mcl tear should you be doing much at all?

Probably not,
But that hasnt stopped me before.

What's the worst that can happened?

I REALLY need a knee replacement as opposed to just plain old needing one?

As long as I dont try for anything crazy, I'll be good.

@Randy is an inspiration,
Late 60s with the same knees as me... squatting more than I can!
Squat or die bro!
I love it, those wraps look decent... and at 100 for a pair, wont break the bank either.

My apologies in advance of feedback-I am half Scottish and half Viking[Danish] Berserker-I train injured -always have -I guess by this time -always will till something kills me.I try to be better-to be kinder to my body and then the fever gets me-calls my name in the night and at the gym-"add10 lbs"--"do a few more reps" lol- and down the rabbit hole I go..haha