Jobs You Dream Of Trying

Easy for you to say, if I'm not mistaken you've basically been one ;)
BEEN, now i live for the moment. I am Not on the sexual ABC plan yet....
Sex on anniversary, birthday and christmas plan...Still drivin her....lol

Own a meat market.
I just like learning new things.
Ive saved myself a small fortune over the years fixing my own equipment, or building controls that turn temperatures up and down during peek power useage. I mean they are basic, like a 24v transformer attached to a battery back up timer, then 24volt n/o relays are used to close a circuit in the temperature control that turns on a offset temperature.

I also made my own motor control for the pickle pump I built. I had to replace a motor control on a grinder years ago, and then realized how they worked, and how simple it was.

Or the timer I built for the freezer. See it’s stupidly cold in there, so the staff would turn off the breaker to the refigeration unit, which was fine, but they would forget to turn it back on.

so I got a 3 pole n/c relay with a 24v coil and then wired my freezer thru the relay, then sent 24 volts to a minute timer I mounted on the wall to connect the coil on the relay. I use 24 volts so I don't have to use shielded cabling. So now they turn the timer, if they forget, once the timer runs out, it turns back on.

I bought a couple books and taught myself how to read wiring diagrams.
Where I learned how to make analog controls was from a 200in1 electronics kit, lol. Yes my wife bought me one for Christmas, lol. I think I was 26, and I was excited, lol.
It’s all real basic stuff, things a real electrician doesnt even need to think about to make.

I learned this for work because I had already mastered cutting meat and making sausage. It’s really not that tough, only takes a couple years at most, so I was dying of boredom and needed something net
Impressive! Good on you!