in stock dumbbells

storman

Trusted Member
Obviously there is a major shortage of these in online canadian retailers but it seems some things are slowly coming back in stock.
I assume im not the only one checking these places a few times a week for any change so i figured we needed a place we people can post what they find so others dont miss it. And i refuse to pay these assholes on kijiji twice or more what they are worth.
I have some decent heavy dbs but need to get the lighter ones (20-70) for a more complete setup.
If anyone sees anything good, please post.

Depends what area your in. I would assume you dont want to ship a bunch of dumbbells. I know of some pretty nice adjustable dumbbells around edm. Similar to ironmaster style but the guy actually makes them in a machine shop. I sold my powerblocks to get them if that tells you anything

Has anyone else seen the markup on dumbells on ebay and other websites? Absolutely crazy. I have some weights here but no way will I let them go, my uncle gave me his bar+weights years ago and was one of the best gifts I ever received. I plan on buying a gym pass when they reopen anyways so no need for me to buy more weight.

This may seem like a stupid question, but why is there even a shortage of weights? They are made of iron, so have the manufacturers simply ran out of their finished product?...

I wish I was near Edmonton.. it insane the prices folks are asking .. or even paying . Once gym are open they’ll be unloading them trying to get what they paid .. good luck .
Slowly acquiring stuff , but I’m keeping it ..
I went with buying dumbbell handles and plates making mine dumbbells .. York makes some nice dumbbells handles In different length to make some pretty beefy dumbbells

im in southwest ontario and even with shipping costs, its cheaper to buy new then on kijiji

Just before my last move - I sold all my dumbells and bench. I wish I had not done that.

And then after I take a look at ebay - I begin to feel like a kilo of cocaine is cheaper than a simple set of dumbells these days!

My favorite listing:
Power Block (Set of 2) - 50lb - $99
Shipping: $749

lol

Just before my last move - I sold all my dumbells and bench. I wish I had not done that.

And then after I take a look at ebay - I begin to feel like a kilo of cocaine is cheaper than a simple set of dumbells these days!

My favorite listing:
Power Block (Set of 2) - 50lb - $99
Shipping: $749

lol
ya, thats probably one of the last things amazon will take over. vehicles, housing, weightlifting equipment.

FYI fitnessdepot has a bunch of shit on their site for instore pickup but i called today and the guy told me 6 months wait. He said to ignore their site

FYI fitnessdepot has a bunch of shit on their site for instore pickup but i called today and the guy told me 6 months wait. He said to ignore their site
no doubt. im also having trouble paying over $2/lb for northernlight bumper plates when i once paid $1/lb. i guess thats capitalism.
as ricky says, supply and command. ill wait for the gyms to open. i like the culture.

bought some 45s dbs and some 5s for her and a easy curl bar at fitnessave today. Cost 230 with taxes and shipping. Piece by piece i guess

Depends what area your in. I would assume you dont want to ship a bunch of dumbbells. I know of some pretty nice adjustable dumbbells around edm. Similar to ironmaster style but the guy actually makes them in a machine shop. I sold my powerblocks to get them if that tells you anything
What was the price of the adjustable ones that guy makes if you don’t mind me asking? I would prefer that over the plates and clips that I got.

What was the price of the adjustable ones that guy makes if you don’t mind me asking? I would prefer that over the plates and clips that I got.
The 75 lb set is 750 i believe.
I paid 1000 for a 125lb set
Depends what weight you want. He can make them up to 180!