How to go about getting my blood work done

Rubicon

Trusted Member
In the past I have gone to a walk in clinic, who then refer me to a lab to get blood work done to test for stds. Is it the same process for checking hormone levels? Do I tell them I just want to check my testosterone and estrogen levels... just because? Because I want to go on a cycle? Do I be completely honest or is there some finessing involved with the conversation with the doctor?
In Alberta if that makes a difference

In the past I have gone to a walk in clinic, who then refer me to a lab to get blood work done to test for stds. Is it the same process for checking hormone levels? Do I tell them I just want to check my testosterone and estrogen levels... just because? Because I want to go on a cycle? Do I be completely honest or is there some finessing involved with the conversation with the doctor?
In Alberta if that makes a difference
Definitely not, it all goes on your record. Also even if you're honest unlikely they'll let you have the test unless you go in and describe low T sides... if you're adamant about going that route that's what I'd do.

Best bet is letsgetchecked but it'll cost you about $200.

For my pre cycle bloods I just asked my doc to test my test and estrogen because I was having symptoms of low T. However, now that I'm on I'm using letsgetchecked as well. It's expensive but they are pretty quick and hard to put a price on making sure being as healthy as possible while on cycle.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

Definitely not, it all goes on your record. Also even if you're honest unlikely they'll let you have the test unless you go in and describe low T sides... if you're adamant about going that route that's what I'd do.

Best bet is letsgetchecked but it'll cost you about $200.
But I want tax payers to pay for me to do gear!

But on a serious note great tip!

Doctors, naturopaths can issue the blood work papers. Naturopath you will have to pay for visit and in some provinces you’ll have to pay for blood work as well. Private sites like letsgetchecked.