How much do steroids help with muscle memory?

lgetlegend

Trusted Member
I was wondering what people think or if anyone has heard of research about if steroids would increase the speed at which muscle memory comes back as opposed to being natural. I feel like it must right? If I took 2 months off training, how long would it take with daily training to get my size back naturally and then with steroids?

Also would different compounds help with that, maybe smtg like Var?

This is a depends answer….and multifactorial.

I will attempt a high level answer. For example. If you built a significant amount of mass based on being super physiological levels of androgens then training naturally, muscle memory will only get you so far. Additionally levels of mass achieved beyond your potential are based on quantity of gear. At some point you will plateau and require higher dosages to build more (not maintain)

Sooo an amount of gear will likely get you back a certain amount of mass faster but it might not be able to get ALL prior mass back.

Muscle memory is really only a thing when referring to non super logical levels of mass.

Age, training experience (years of training naturally) are all variables that also contribute

I could write a dissertation on this topic.

Short answer is yes.

“Muscle memory” isn’t an actual increase in muscle tissue. It’s an increase in nitrogen/mineral retention. When you come off cycle and look smaller, it’s not because muscle is falling off of you. It’s because you experience a drop in nitrogen retention which makes the muscle appear smaller.

Assuming you’re still stimulating it sufficiently, it really doesn’t take a whole lot maintain the tissue itself, assuming it was built on top of a strong foundation.

That’s why you a lot of guys who have been at this lifestyle for a long time can take time off and mutate in a months.

I will attempt a high level answer. For example. If you built a significant amount of mass based on being super physiological levels of androgens then training naturally, muscle memory will only get you so far. Additionally levels of mass achieved beyond your potential are based on quantity of gear. At some point you will plateau and require higher dosages to build more (not maintain)

Sooo an amount of gear will likely get you back a certain amount of mass faster but it might not be able to get ALL prior mass back.

Muscle memory is really only a thing when referring to non super logical levels of mass.

Age, training experience (years of training naturally) are all variables that also contribute

I got a question.

If you train and gain more muscle fibres with the help of PEDS, do they go away when you stop training or just shrink, thereby when you train again all you need to do this time is grow the size of the fibres? Could that be muscle memory?

Okay okay, I don‘t train for bodybuilding so I‘ve never really reached my "Natural limit“. I don‘t train to reach it and I have no intention to gain as much mass as possible those aren‘t my goals. So even though I‘ve done several cycles now I‘ve never reached or even came close to my genetic limit. I would assume that means I‘d probably be able to gain my muscle back faster through muscle memory..?

I remember a study in mice that showed one time use of anabolic steroids benefited their muscle mass for the rest of their life some how. I don't remember the details but might be worth looking for.

It 100% will increase the speed of which muscle can come back with muscle memory being a factor.

Better results happen for multiple reasons when someone regains as much of it naturally or on TRT though. You don't want your foot to be on the parking brake when you're waiting for the green light during a drag race.

Steroids create myostatin in the muscle fibres which reactivate during cycle and enlarge . So it helps with muscle memory quite well

Not sure if it answers your question but taking steroids causes a permanent change in the muscles nuclei, so you're able to grow your muscle back faster even after you've stopped taking steroids.

I found this change quite significant as I am able to gain back most of my muscle quite easily after being off steroids for quite a while now.