HGH and insulin sensitivity

animal-inside

Trusted Member
Im interested in doing a hgh cycle or too for general well being, help with fat loss and healing. I'm early 40's. I don't expect big things from it, but any help is welcomed.

I need to learn about HGH and how it affects insulin senstivity before trying a cycle.

I was prediabetic a few years ago, but I am not anymore. My last A1c was 5.6. It's been about this for awhile. I follow a loose keto type diet for the last year. I was doign very strict keto for a couple years to drop some fat and get better blood glucose. I don't take any meds for blodo sugar, but I do supplement with berberine before bedtime.

I'm on prescriptions TRT (100mg a week), prescription arimedex (0.75 a week), and prescrption T4 (150mcg a day)..

I Was considering a 4 month hgh cycle at 2iu's a day. The entire time I would monitor my blood sugar, keep keto, keep cardio up etc.. I know the way my brain works and if I use hgh I will be more motivated to add some more cardio just to try to balance stuff out.

Is this reaosable to think I can do this?

Does hgh affects on insululin sensitivty go back to normal after the cycle is over?

Does the timming of the gh injection affect blood sugars and sensitivty? My blood sugars are lowest at night and highes in the morning. I lift around 7-9pm. Would using the gh after I lift help prevent its affects on insulin senssity?

Thoguths?

Take the 2 iu before bed.

I doubt it will mess with your blood sugars at that dose. I know I hyper respond to gh and at 2 iu I had no changes.
Just monitor it and if it does, stop.

Like sorbate said bed time is best in this case for sensitivity. This is because gh and igf1 peak rapidly then taper out from the 3-6 hour mark and insulin sensitivity returns (for the most part), Unless your above 3-4iu.

Personally I do notice a blood sugar change on 2iu as a diabetic, but its very minimal. Anything above though increases my fasting BGL. Splitting dose am and pm also sends it high because igf1 competes for updates of nutrients and glucose to the cell hence the decrease in insulin effectiveness/sensitivity for that initial 3-6 hour window post gh injection.

Like sorbate said bed time is best in this case for sensitivity. This is because gh and igf1 peak rapidly then taper out from the 3-6 hour mark and insulin sensitivity returns (for the most part), Unless your above 3-4iu.

Personally I do notice a blood sugar change on 2iu as a diabetic, but its very minimal. Anything above though increases my fasting BGL. Splitting dose am and pm also sends it high because igf1 competes for updates of nutrients and glucose to the cell hence the decrease in insulin effectiveness/sensitivity for that initial 3-6 hour window post gh injection.

Ok I will try 2iu's before bed.. and I'll monitor my fasting BS..

Any other specific times I should be chkecing my BS?

Should I take my berberine with my gh before bed?

Thanks

Berberbine is a good option or Metformin. I wouldn't take either unnecessarily, id assess and implement them if a fasting glucose was rising, personally anything above 5.7. Small tips I like to do utilize to keep my sugars low (I like fasting sugar of 4.5-5) is a short 10 minute fasted walk before breakfast, then again after each meal, and before bed. Cutting carbs at last meal helps a ton. Keeping a low body fat, avoiding excess sugars, starches well you know the usual's lol. I wont turn this into a diabetic thread but definitely keep a close eye on those sugars when using hgh brother!!

Berberbine is a good option or Metformin. I wouldn't take either unnecessarily, id assess and implement them if a fasting glucose was rising, personally anything above 5.7. Small tips I like to do utilize to keep my sugars low (I like fasting sugar of 4.5-5) is a short 10 minute fasted walk before breakfast, then again after each meal, and before bed. Cutting carbs at last meal helps a ton. Keeping a low body fat, avoiding excess sugars, starches well you know the usual's lol. I wont turn this into a diabetic thread but definitely keep a close eye on those sugars when using hgh brother!!
thanks... I am pretty much keto, but I will likely switch to full keto when I start gh with a 1 day a week refeed with a couple of carb meals.

I was curious about doing a 3 hour fast every morning before breakfast. I wake up at 6:45 and eat around 7:00.. But if I skip breakfast, my first meal wouldn't be until 10:20. I would likely have my regular coffee with butter and MCT's at 7am though.

I thought about trying this when I'm trying to drop some weight.

You can intermittent fast any which way you want. The only time I fast in the morning is if im doing fasted cardio with gh. Personally, most of the year I follow a lot of the circadian eating pattern evidence and implement that into my daily life. Its been shown to have the most health benefits for the body....Circadian eating would be a 10-12 hour window and is purely aimed at good health and longevity. So what that means is breakfast and lunch being the two largest meals, dinner and snacks tapering food into the evening. I eat on a 7-6 hour window but on training days 7-7. Then follow the 3,2,1 rule. 3 hours before bed no food, 2 hours before bed no water, 1 hour before bed no blue screen or lights. This eating pattern has the best glucose control, improved sleep and health benefits at a cellular level.

And yeah I'm a health nut lol. But maintaining good health in bodybuilding is imperative to longevity ;)

A fantastic easy to read book on this is "The circadian Code - by Satchin Panda"

You can intermittent fast any which way you want. The only time I fast in the morning is if im doing fasted cardio with gh. Personally, most of the year I follow a lot of the circadian eating pattern evidence and implement that into my daily life. Its been shown to have the most health benefits for the body....Circadian eating would be a 10-12 hour window and is purely aimed at good health and longevity. So what that means is breakfast and lunch being the two largest meals, dinner and snacks tapering food into the evening. I eat on a 7-6 hour window but on training days 7-7. Then follow the 3,2,1 rule. 3 hours before bed no food, 2 hours before bed no water, 1 hour before bed no blue screen or lights. This eating pattern has the best glucose control, improved sleep and health benefits at a cellular level.

And yeah I'm a health nut lol. But maintaining good health in bodybuilding is imperative to longevity ;)

A fantastic easy to read book on this is "The circadian Code - by Satchin Panda"
Are you saying blue screen/lights directly affects blood glucose? OR indirectly due to the bad sleep etc.

Yes exactly poor sleep has a direct effect on glucose metabolism so blue lights/screens before bed would have an indirect effect, if its disrupting ones Delta 1 and 2 sleep cycles. Tons of evidence shows blood sugar control irregularies with poor sleep quality and anything less then 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night.

I've decided to start hgh at 2iu's before bed. I'll monitor blood glucose and aim for 4 months. We'll see what happens, but I don't expect big things.. bit of fat loss, better recovery, some healing would be nice.

Yes exactly poor sleep has a direct effect on glucose metabolism so blue lights/screens before bed would have an indirect effect, if its disrupting ones Delta 1 and 2 sleep cycles. Tons of evidence shows blood sugar control irregularies with poor sleep quality and anything less then 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night.
This is so true, when I'm on nights my routine is messed up and I imagine my blood sugar too. I work all night with absolutely no apatite then get insane carb cravings all day when I should be sleeping

been on 2 iu's before bed for about a week now. Blood sugar hasn't changed, but I don't expect it to change instantly.

My hands and full and swollen and stiff when I wake up now. But nothign too bad.

I've never taken GH before bed.. But I can tell you my sleeping has been deeper than I have had in years.. probably not since my early 30's.. I actually find it hard to get out of bed now. And my dreams are crazy deep and vivid.. I generally don't dream or remmeber my dreams (even with melatonin), but I've had long, intense, vivid dreams since starting gh.. I think its because I'm just getting more and better REM sleep??

What was the reason for adding in first place goal and purpose? I wouldn't have unnecessarily if it wasn't indicated on thyroid function. It probably wasn't needed at dose of 2iu of hgh and being on it such a short amount of time. Hgh increases peripheral T4 to T3 conversion already, meaning increased t3 at the cellular level. Typically this is why one would add in t4 during a higher longer growth hormone cycle because more t3 is being used so there is a lack of t4.

If i were you id check:
Free t3
Free T4
REVERSE T3, LC/MS/MS
Tsh - not important when you're already supplementing with both the number isnt always accurate you want to see real time whole picture function.

If your goal is purely weight loss and not thyroid replacement on gh then sure adding t3 could be beneficial at a higher dose in a short term fat loss phase, but also remember you will shut your thyroid down more then it already is. I would recommend supplementing with selenium 100mcg and iodine 200mcg daily anyways before during and after and i recommend it for all my clients too.

What was the reason for adding in first place goal and purpose? I wouldn't have unnecessarily if it wasn't indicated on thyroid function. It probably wasn't needed at dose of 2iu of hgh and being on it such a short amount of time. Hgh increases peripheral T4 to T3 conversion already, meaning increased t3 at the cellular level. Typically this is why one would add in t4 during a higher longer growth hormone cycle because more t3 is being used so there is a lack of t4.

If i were you id check:
Free t3
Free T4
REVERSE T3, LC/MS/MS
Tsh - not important when you're already supplementing with both the number isnt always accurate you want to see real time whole picture function.

If your goal is purely weight loss and not thyroid replacement on gh then sure adding t3 could be beneficial at a higher dose in a short term fat loss phase, but also remember you will shut your thyroid down more then it already is. I would recommend supplementing with selenium 100mcg and iodine 200mcg daily anyways before during and after and i recommend it for all my clients too.

I added the hgh for fat loss, general well being/healing.

I was going to add T3 in the spring regardless of if I added HGH or not. I've done this at 10mcg before and it seemed tohelp. I figured start at 10mcg and if fat loss wasn't happening than go to 20mcg.

I Will look into seleniu/iodine thank you for that.

what is LC/MS/MS??

been on 2 iu's before bed for about a week now. Blood sugar hasn't changed, but I don't expect it to change instantly.

My hands and full and swollen and stiff when I wake up now. But nothign too bad.

I've never taken GH before bed.. But I can tell you my sleeping has been deeper than I have had in years.. probably not since my early 30's.. I actually find it hard to get out of bed now. And my dreams are crazy deep and vivid.. I generally don't dream or remmeber my dreams (even with melatonin), but I've had long, intense, vivid dreams since starting gh.. I think its because I'm just getting more and better REM sleep??
I've been using 1iu before bed and 1iu upon waking for a week now also. I have noticed a difference in my dreams also. My Fitbit shows I'm getting more rem sleep but less deep sleep.

I've been using 1iu before bed and 1iu upon waking for a week now also. I have noticed a difference in my dreams also. My Fitbit shows I'm getting more rem sleep but less deep sleep.

Interesting.. I'm deffinitly waking up groggy and hard to pull myself out of bed, but the dreams are nuts and I crash hard when I put my head down.

Interesting.. I'm deffinitly waking up groggy and hard to pull myself out of bed, but the dreams are nuts and I crash hard when I put my head down.
At first I was having trouble sleeping after my injection, I think this is just me not the hgh, I can't sleep if I inject a trt dose before bed either. I've been getting to sleep easier this week. I'm not having much trouble getting out of bed in the am but I find it easier to wake up in the mornings in the spring. I am falling asleep after my lunch though.

Just an update..

Blood sugar has been fine..

My elbow is feeling much better.. I'd say near 95%.. There is only the odd exercise I try that I'll feel pain in. I won't do the any exercises that csuse it pain, so I just drop them.. I will try them again later and see if there's imprvement. I wasn't able to do dumbell pull overs for about 8 months, but now I can do them pain free.

Aside from that, when I look in the mirror, my muscels are deffinitely fuller and I've lost some fat. I'm guesing fat loss is T3 mostly.