Have you experienced any health benifets of coconut or mct oil?

Bigbear

The Kodiak
Trusted Member
I'm thinking of adding mct oil to my diet as I've realized lately with all grass fed and whole foods I don't think I'm getting enough fats in daily. I'm wondering if anyone has any personal experience with using it and it's benifets or risks. From what I've read there conflicting info saying it's good for insulin resistance but others say it can cause insulin resistance.

I would get energy from MCT oil. Sometimes if I didn't have time to eat I would take 2 tablespoons and then about 20 minutes later I'd start to sweat and could run around.

I have no idea if its good for you. I havn't used it in years. I would use it to add in calories for training or when work was really busy.

I would get energy from MCT oil. Sometimes if I didn't have time to eat I would take 2 tablespoons and then about 20 minutes later I'd start to sweat and could run around.

I have no idea if its good for you. I havn't used it in years. I would use it to add in calories for training or when work was really busy.
Yea I was thinking for adding calories too I'm so busy driving I can't always fit in multiple meals during my shifts.

I'm thinking of adding mct oil to my diet as I've realized lately with all grass fed and whole foods I don't think I'm getting enough fats in daily. I'm wondering if anyone has any personal experience with using it and it's benifets or risks. From what I've read there conflicting info saying it's good for insulin resistance but others say it can cause insulin resistance.
I'm on the way out the door but you may wish to check this out, I just grabbed the first article that came up that looked like it kinda covered the subject - google term resistant starch rice. https://organicallyblissful.com/skinny-rice-with-coconut-oil/

You'd have to dig in but you'll be able to see how it should affect insulin and calories etc. I like it for manipulating those, fav use is on a cut though so might not always suit what ur looking for. Lets me fill the belly with a lot more rice, volume per calorie goes up.

I'm on the way out the door but you may wish to check this out, I just grabbed the first article that came up that looked like it kinda covered the subject - google term resistant starch rice. https://organicallyblissful.com/skinny-rice-with-coconut-oil/

You'd have to dig in but you'll be able to see how it should affect insulin and calories etc. I like it for manipulating those, fav use is on a cut though so might not always suit what ur looking for. Lets me fill the belly with a lot more rice, volume per calorie goes up.
Thanks brother, always appreciated

My personal experince with it.

2 teaspoons in my morning coffee and I am noticeably warmer and if I do anythign physcial, I am sweating faster.

I do believe it speeds up metabolism. Above is my evidence and I've tried using it/removing it several times and each time I use it I am noticebly warmer/sweatier

I was going to start taking if before I lift at night to see if I can get the same effect

I read lot about how it helps ketosis if your looking for that.

It;s considered a good fat, so I am always looking to add to my good fat intake.