Has anyome had any gallstones/gobladder issues or conpression or trauma to the phrenic nerve?

Bigbear

The Kodiak
Trusted Member
Weird question for sure but I'm having some sort of issues and can't pinpoint if it's gallbladder/kidney stones or maybe some sort of nerve compression.

My symptoms are chest and abdominal pain, front left and right side of neck pain, shoulder blade pain, lower back pumps, lack of energy, possibly slight yellowing of eyes,chronic headaches..I'm waiting to talk to my family doc about it but when I do I'd like to have more indepth info for him to speed up the process. If I don't give him little boosts he likes to do one blood test at a time and after 8 weeks I've got something new that's bugging me. Anyone with gobladder/kidney/nerve issues that sound like this feel free to chim in

Last edited:
When your gallbladder is inflamed and swollen, it irritates your phrenic nerve. Your phrenic nerve stretches from the abdomen, through the chest, and into your neck. Each time you eat a fatty meal, it aggravates the nerve and causes referred pain in your right shoulder blade.

That’s quite a list of symptoms bro. Slight yellowing of eyes my mind immediately goes to liver. Your doctor sounds like mine - doesn’t do anything quickly. You seem to know more about this stuff than I ever will. I hope things return to normal for you soon and you’re feeling better.

I think I'm right going in the gobladder direction...

So does my ER nurse wife. Plus she says get your ass in to emergency and get all your bloodwork done. She doesn’t like your yellow eyes. Do it Jer, or she’ll hunt your ass down. 😂

Go to the hospital as it could also be angina. Docs will want to rule that one out since chest pain and upper abdominal pain irradiating to the neck are common symptoms of angina.
Gallbladder stones usually have a brutal onset and the pain should be located in the lower right part of your chest or epigastric region irradiating in the same place in your back and as you said, trigged by a meal.
Renal colic (kidney stones) again are usually brutal for onset. The pain is located in the back where your kidney is or in the flank or groin/genital area.
Is the pain constant or on/off? What triggers it?

So does my ER nurse wife. Plus she says get your ass in to emergency and get all your bloodwork done. She doesn’t like your yellow eyes. Do it Jer, or she’ll hunt your ass down. 😂
Haha thanks man that's kind of her. I do routine blood work every three months, this includes everything cbc, liver you name it. I just finished some extra bloods and urine tests for kidney function I think sistatin c and gfr because I've had microscopic blood in urine but kidneys markers came back all perfect. I've also done ecg and they thought it was probably just kidney stones. That was probably 4 weeks ago and I had burning around that time but the back pumps and burning stopped probably 3 weeks ago. Also I have pretty chronic anxiety or stress that could make things harder to diagnose. That's why I asked my doc usually just blames everything on stress but I don't usually have anxiety for weeks on end.

Go to the hospital as it could also be angina. Docs will want to rule that one out since chest pain and upper abdominal pain irradiating to the neck are common symptoms of angina.
Gallbladder stones usually have a brutal onset and the pain should be located in the lower right part of your chest or epigastric region irradiating in the same place in your back and as you said, trigged by a meal.
Renal colic (kidney stones) again are usually brutal for onset. The pain is located in the back where your kidney is or in the flank or groin/genital area.
Is the pain constant or on/off? What triggers it?
On and off but usually the majority of the day it's not bad enough to need pain killers just it's noticeable and consistent.

For the past couple of years I have been feeling dizzy after eating a large fatty meal. A few months ago @animal-inside turned me on to Betaine hcl and that cleared up my problems fast.

Another thing I recently did was switch my coffee for bone broth like the vertical diet tells you to do. For some reason coffee interferes with my digestion. If I don’t drink coffee I don’t need the Betaine hcl often. I will take it after a Buffett.

For the past couple of years I have been feeling dizzy after eating a large fatty meal. A few months ago @animal-inside turned me on to Betaine hcl and that cleared up my problems fast.

Another thing I recently did was switch my coffee for bone broth like the vertical diet tells you to do. For some reason coffee interferes with my digestion. If I don’t drink coffee I don’t need the Betaine hcl often. I will take it after a Buffett.
Nice man, I quit coffee and smoking in the past 6 or so months. Switched to decafe that could be messing with me. I always though it could be gerd or g.i related but my symptoms used to come and go depending on food etc but now it's just bad, all the time lol. Might as well start smoking again

Nice man, I quit coffee and smoking in the past 6 or so months. Switched to decafe that could be messing with me. I always though it could be gerd or g.i related but my symptoms used to come and go depending on food etc but now it's just bad, all the time lol. Might as well start smoking again
Quitting smoking is brutal. Good on you for doing that.

It’s worth a try a did a bit of a deep dive things like not just the caffeine, but the bitterness alone can stimulate your stomach acid to go into overdrive. Possibly making your stomach un prepared for when real food comes in. It also interferes with some nerves used in your stomach muscles, but I’m not sure if that one’s more to do with caffeine. Anyways I had gotten so dizzy every time I ate a meal with fat that I thought I was dying. The doc convinced me it was anxiety, but it wasn’t. 2 months on Betaine hcl with every meal re booted my system.

It’s worth a try a did a bit of a deep dive things like not just the caffeine, but the bitterness alone can stimulate your stomach acid to go into overdrive. Possibly making your stomach un prepared for when real food comes in. It also interferes with some nerves used in your stomach muscles, but I’m not sure if that one’s more to do with caffeine. Anyways I had gotten so dizzy every time I ate a meal with fat that I thought I was dying. The doc convinced me it was anxiety, but it wasn’t. 2 months on Betaine hcl with every meal re booted my system.
Maybe I'll look into that, I've had the dizzy spells before too not sure if it was around fatty meals but I'll pay more attention to it.

I also get a lot of muscle twitches, spasms, cramps and sometimes sciatic nerve pain, I've probably had minor injuries to my neck and back and had radiating shoulder pain from that and the stress adds to the pain. A lot going on that's why I'm finally trying to dig through everything and find some facts. Thanks everyone for your insights.

I also got a little trigger happy with some primo and extra test about a month ago and shot maybe 400mg in one day so hormonal I' was off for a bit but pretty much right after I brought back down to trt levels. I think I accidentally lowered my estrogen too much with Primo then tried guessing amd probably over corrected with extra test. So it just added to the stress and hormone imbalance a bit

Also diagnosed with adhd and anxiety but don't take any anxiety meds and that lads is about all of it

I also get a lot of muscle twitches, spasms, cramps and sometimes sciatic nerve pain, I've probably had minor injuries to my neck and back and had radiating shoulder pain from that and the stress adds to the pain. A lot going on that's why I'm finally trying to dig through everything and find some facts. Thanks everyone for your insights.

I had that with my stomach issues as well.. I now take magnesium glycinte 3 caps before bed on empty stomach and no longer get the twitches and spasms lol..

There's a big link between magnesium defficient and your guts (for me it was no stomach acid screwing up my guts)

You have a lot going on there Jer.

In my own case...I had my gallbladder ruptured lost the common bile duct and damaged thyroid and pituitary gland in an accident. Recently had my spine fused at L4-S2.

I to have fatigue trouble and had yellowing eyes post accident.

I agree that getting to the hospital for the angina/eyes is a best. It took a long time for the above symptoms to resolve. Out Healthcare is reactive and slower than molasses in January.

Get more than 1 opinion. I would see an internist. This might over your GP's head.