Grip, grip strength etc

ajfromab

ISYMFS
Trusted Member
So I read an interesting article on grip and squeezing. It really made me think because a lot of the time I’m focusing on the muscle I’m trying to develop at the time and my mind muscle is in line, one of the things I don’t focus on is grip.
However in the past I remember in the early days when I would do really heavy deadlifts a lot , my forearms would become more defined and striated.
So I’m thinking of implementing this , white knuckle bar squeezing strategy to some of my workout .
A guy at my gym , he is an ex Olympian , his hands and forearms are just absolutely jacked. His hands look like they could crush a rock.
I ran this article by him, and his words were “ do it”
Any ways here’s the article

If any of you guys have experience on this and how it affects your training post your thoughts and experiences please .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So today when I went in I broke away from my usual routine for the day. Normally I do push one day pull the next and than legs .
Today I went in and just did arms.
Only today I squeezed the bar like I was trying to squish it, as hard as I could for every set.
What I did
Over head tricep presses 4x6
Standing bb curls 4x6
Db tricep presses 4x12
Hammer curls 4x12
Cable tri presses 6x10
Cable bar curls6x10
Finished with 3 sets of 50 on both bis and tris on machine

What I noticed .
My forearms just absolutely jacked right up with blood making it difficult near the end of sets to even hold the bar.
I developed a large pump in my back , near the top of the lats.
I developed a large pump in the back of my delts.
I found my tricep press strength significantly more than expected I could have easily added a lot more weight by squeezing that bar harder.
I’m gonna start adding this to my routines . I feel like it just all around makes me use a lot more muscle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another good thing for grip and forearm development is thick rope pull ups or hangs (towels work too but not quite as good as fat ropes)

I'll give this squeeze technique a try on all my accessory stuff tonight after bench (I find I tend to squeeze the bar on my powerlifts already)