Great Garden Hose brands?

OmegaBravo7

Trusted Member
Looking for a great, if not the best, all around garden hose. Price not that much of a factor.
The Underhill Ultramax Premium blue 3/4" looks great, love the colour. I just can't seem to locate one local, can get from US Amazon but takes a whopping 3 weeks to receive. My only concern with this one is it might be too heavy, I'd want my kids to use/play with it in the backyard too.
Anyone have experience with this baby , or maybe recommend another one

As far as the reel goes, what's the point of having the portable reel on wheels instead of the wall-mounted one? I would've assumed people would prefer the wall mounted one but most of the reels I see including on youtube are 2-wheeled portable reels
I'm looking at the Eley reel

Edit: Main uses would be to water the lawn, privacy trees, future garden, washing driveway and pavements, deck, and more importantly wash my cars. I'd consider washing windows too if it's even possible with just a garden hose

I live in the country. The hoses I buy are farm use. Heavy and big but they last and last
Just not the type your looking for
Yeh especially if I have to connect two 100ft hoses. That shit will be heavy pulling around

I have many gardens including vegetable gardens
The good thing is I will never run out of water
I have a nice deep well
This is awesome. I aim for such life.

@OmegaBravo7 brotha I steer clear from threads I can’t contribute to. However I did do lots of landscaping and gardening labour and in my experience the smaller the cross sectional area the shittier the hose was. You wanna get something that’s heavy duty because this is the sort of item you don’t wanna get annoyed and frustrated with, it’s a long term quality of life item.

Don’t know brands sorry. But do let us know how you conclude your research.

Times have probably changed with better garden hoses available but I always used to use compressed air hose (like for nail gun use) and put on my own connectors. Tough as hell, not light though.

I’ll get the name of the one I use at work. It doesn’t kink, is very flexible and can stand up to chemicals, grease, animal fats, which normally destroy a normal hose.
We use the hose likely 4 hours a day.
I kill normal store bought ones in a year, and the heavier sucks to control and use ones in 2-3 years.
The fats and soap harden the hose material.
Mind you I’m way too cheap to spend $300 on a real meat plant wash down hose, and they are not flexible at all.

I tend to look at the connectors more then the hose itself. Ones that have extra metal so the hose part doesn't just snap off. I have no idea what brand them old heavy duty ones are but you wont carry them far..lol

I think I’ll go with a 3/4” 150 footer and connect another if needed.

Dudes that do patio stones, landscaping, digging etc... hats off to you sirs. With the help a friend I starting laying some 24x24 patio stones on side of house. It’s fucking exhausting. Working on your knees with your body bent lifting heavy shit is no joke. What a workout. When you do this you feel you can do anything. Did one row and called it a day 🤣

I think I’ll go with a 3/4” 150 footer and connect another if needed.

Dudes that do patio stones, landscaping, digging etc... hats off to you sirs. With the help a friend I starting laying some 24x24 patio stones on side of house. It’s fucking exhausting. Working on your knees with your body bent lifting heavy shit is no joke. What a workout. When you do this you feel you can do anything. Did one row and called it a day 🤣
I’ve done so much tiling, paving stones. The hardest part doing pavers is getting The base down fairly level, once you screed, it’s just laying stones.
Theoldguy will make a comment but I actually have calluses on my knees. Good knee pads is the key.
I bet I’ve done almost 1000 sqft at my house.
I hate but enjoy it.

Not sure if they still sell them, but Costco used to sell a heavier hose that was grey in colour.

Best hose I have ever used, but I've not used commerical ones.

I've left the costco hose out over winter without drianing it before and it was fine.. didnt' leak after.. I've left it in my gravel driveway and drove my truck / Suv over it many many many times and it never damaged it.. tough as hell.

The only downside to the costco hose is that it has a stiff rib running down the middle of it. So if it does leak, you can't repair it because you can't get another fitting to push into the hose and clamp it without leaking due to that rib. It would always leak around the rib.

I bought 2 of these grey hoses. I still have one 8 years later that works great.. The other one had the end brass peice damaged and leaked lots.. so I cut the brass peice off and tried to put another end on, but that stupid rib wouldnt' let me.

If your willing to spend money, a quality heavy duty 3/4 inch fuel line would be the cats ass I think.. no chemical would damage it, wouldn't kink, repairable, exrrmly thick walled etc..

Gates brand would last decades as a garden hose

I’ve done so much tiling, paving stones. The hardest part doing pavers is getting The base down fairly level, once you screed, it’s just laying stones.
Theoldguy will make a comment but I actually have calluses on my knees. Good knee pads is the key.
I bet I’ve done almost 1000 sqft at my house.
I hate but enjoy it.

Yeh the digging was the worst part followed by working with 80lb pavers on your knees with your back bent. This was more difficult than the usual project. The previous owners left tons of limestone screening on the sides and back of the house in mounds. So we weren't digging into dirt to drop it to an acceptable level. We were digging through hardened limestone screening. How long did it take you to do the 1,000 sqft? Were they 24x24 2in pavers?