Gotta quit smoking weed

BertaBoy

Trusted Member
Ok so I've been dancing around this one for a while but I guess its time.
Cleaned up everything else I my life over the last while, things going pretty solid. Time to get this under control

Any tips for a long time every day weed smoker trying to quit?

(Nothing against anyone who chooses to smoke everyday, worked for me for years. I just know I can be better without it, and I would really like to better for a change)

Smash your bong and flush your papers. Bake the weed into some brownies and drop them off as a gift to your local liberal party office. Done. It's not IV opiates dude it's just weed don't over think it...
I hear ya but for the longest time this has been my "release" so it's a bit of a bigger thing for me... used to drink, smoke cigarettes, and did a lot of Rec drugs when I was younger so this was like my last little bastion of vices.
But I prefer being smoke free, it's just a big step for me
But you're right, it's not like I'm going to go through crazy withdrawals. Maybe a couple nights of rough sleep, just gotta man up and get it done.
On the treadmill instead of my morning smoke as I type this actually

I was a chronic user for years on end. The only reason I quit is because of drug testing for work. The best way to quit? Cold turkey. You may experience some headaches and sleep issues for about a week and then you'll be good. Theres no 'withdraw' symptoms like with other drugs. You'll be good man.

Last edited:
I've been a long time weed smoker too. I think it's time I kick it too. I'll join you on your quest to kick it. 💪
@Mano Nice, always easier to have a buddy walking beside ya
I might start a journal or log and document my fitness journey, starting with the trek down to 10% body fat, but would definitely also document the quitting too. I'll tag you when I post it

Thanks again for the support

I hear ya but for the longest time this has been my "release" so it's a bit of a bigger thing for me... used to drink, smoke cigarettes, and did a lot of Rec drugs when I was younger so this was like my last little bastion of vices.
But I prefer being smoke free, it's just a big step for me
But you're right, it's not like I'm going to go through crazy withdrawals. Maybe a couple nights of rough sleep, just gotta man up and get it done.
On the treadmill instead of my morning smoke as I type this actually
I have smoked weed daily since i was 18 or so. Still do. However i have taken long breaks, it is not easy as it is a habit with slight addictive properties for certain.
I changed my workout times and a few routine things. I had to take some CBD on its own as my sleep went straight to hell, and i normally am an easy sleeper. Dreams were extreme and vivid for awhile.
I shut the tv off at least an hour pre bed and read a book and took CBD, no THC. Then i broke free of it for several months. I stopped eating junk food with ease, while smoking, i have a tuff time not snacking in the evening.
It is NOT easy, it is tough for some of us, but manageable. After a couple weeks, zero desire to smoke. I re started because i like it and i am a hyper energetic dude and i enjoy a toot in the evenings after all my shit is done and watch a flick. My job is pretty high stress and high energy with lots of responsibility, it helps me chill out. Not an excuse as i could care less what anyone thinks, it is what works for me as i do not drink booze or use any prescription meds at all so its my thing...

Ok so I've been dancing around this one for a while but I guess its time.
Cleaned up everything else I my life over the last while, things going pretty solid. Time to get this under control

Any tips for a long time every day weed smoker trying to quit?

(Nothing against anyone who chooses to smoke everyday, worked for me for years. I just know I can be better without it, and I would really like to better for a change)
Try switching to oils or capsules, if you are tired of the 'smoking' part....it helped me cut down on smoking. I have been a licensed user for a while now (chronic knee pain from surgery), way before legal dispensaries came into picture.

To quit completely, its gonna take mental resolve and avoiding any triggers that remind you of sparking one up. For me it was video games or hanging with a certain circle of friends.

You can always go cold turkey and gauge your own response from doing that...it works since THC isn't as addictive as other substances. You won't know until you try : )

Its one of the easier drugs to quit. Not alot of withdrawls. Maybe a few nights of no sleep and night sweats. I dont drink so its nice when I can smoke and still function. But I know its bad for me and it costs me money. So guess what I will join you as well. Im done as of right now

Drink a liter of water instead of smoking like you usually would.

It's all mental. It's marijuana. It's not addictive. Do something to keep yourself busy that also benefits you: drink a nice liter of water with some lemon and a pinch of pink salt. You'll feel great.

Drink a liter of water instead of smoking like you usually would.

It's all mental. It's marijuana. It's not addictive. Do something to keep yourself busy that also benefits you: drink a nice liter of water with some lemon and a pinch of pink salt. You'll feel great.
Exactly, I found I got zero withdrawals when I quit smoking. It was more of a habit.

@Mano Nice, always easier to have a buddy walking beside ya
I might start a journal or log and document my fitness journey, starting with the trek down to 10% body fat, but would definitely also document the quitting too. I'll tag you when I post it

Thanks again for the support
I need to get rid of my 510... I literally call it my crack pipe... And for me I keep saying to myself "I'll quit tomorrow". Tomorrow never seems to come.

It is quite addictive to many. Including myself, i have zero addictions to many other things as hard as i tried in my younger years...lol..
Weed gives many an issue quitting, most have zero issues. Get er done.
I am not quitting, i just started again, but good luck and you guys got this, its a fun transition honestly. Things get more clear, for me, i want a bit of haze for awhile yet, until shit turns around..Politically..