Good Luck Canada

Imagine if we started to accept only canadian dollars for oil.
holy shit. The democracy bombs would be falling

Yes I am. If you know about them, you'll know they donated millions to groups throughout Canada that opposed the oilsands. The source of all their contributions stops right at their door. Anything past that is a mystery. So who knows where all those millions come from. They aren't about to start telling us common folk the truth of things are they?

https://calgaryherald.com/news/loca...-should-become-a-household-name-across-canada

Enjoy the nap!

I'm not too sure about Vivian Krause as a great source but she does always bring a thoughtful approach to her writings.
I would not put anything past the Americans. They have a nasty track record.

The Americans do not allow energy competition.
look at the Nord Steam 2 pipeline. Usa trying to sanction their allies for wanting to buy gas from russia cheaper instead of expensive usa “freedom gas” haha
So yeah, very likely they are restricting our exports by any means possible. Thats just what they do.
The Americans have cautioned the Germans that they are foolish to allow the Russians to have control over their energy supplies.Taps can be turned off.In 2015 Gazprom halted energy deliveries to the Ukraine.

I'm not too sure about Vivian Krause as a great source but she does always bring a thoughtful approach to her writings.
I would not put anything past the Americans. They have a nasty track record.
At this point I believe that the Americans would like Alberta to have a taste of the profits that would come from the freedom to export at world prices.The groups actively in opposition to the development of Canadian energy supplies are backed by dark money for the most part,iirc.

At this point I believe that the Americans would like Alberta to have a taste of the profits that would come from the freedom to export at world prices.The groups actively in opposition to the development of Canadian energy supplies are backed by dark money for the most part,iirc.

I don't think the Yanks would want the hassle of interfering with a NATO/NORAD partner/ member. It is way too complicated for this medium.
You will like this: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-38573074

The lure of the money is pretty big Bagua.I am certain some gov people are gazing at this south of the border.All we need is for Trump to make one innocent little comment.:)

I think we think about the Yanks much more than they do us. Sure there is money and a good amount, but geo-politically, the Yanks don't need the hassle. Trump? Meh.

If they are going ot separate, do it on their own. There is enough x Albertians in BC that I bet they would go along for the ride, depending on how much was offered. Still would be cheaper than paying for Quebec.
Quebec has done a lot of the leg work already, they just need to follow their legal example. Quebe has never left because it can't afford to do so. BC, ALberta and Sask can more than afford to do so. I bet they could easily mke a deal with China, India or other places for the oil. ANd everyone forgets that the beef industry in the prarie provinces is a multibillion dollar industry. 80% get shipped out of country already. That is a lot of revenue. Nevermind the crops.
Honestly if it wasn't for the fact that most Albertians really in their heart don't want to leave, it would be an advantage to leave.
If I see it coming, I will leave last minute, because I do not want to be here when the money is gone. Thank god I was born there, I should be allowed back, lol
Oh and I forgot to add, unlike other places when people in Alberta for the most part say they are going to do something, they do it. People need to remember that don't live there, that its a collection of people from somewhere else that left everything and moved there and started off with nothing. They are not scared in the same way of having to go out on their own. It taught into to you there because you experience it every day. That is why I never saw welfare, it was there, but no one would ever admit they were on it Same reason why I had the balls to pack up my shop and move it 2500 miles, and wasn't worried about failure, because I was taught that failure isn't an option.
So I hope that Trudeau doen't think its a joke, or he could be in for a bit of a surprise. Already people are changing where they buy their insurance and do business. They are moving to Alberta companies. And being an xALbertian I really don't blame them.

Last edited:
I think we think about the Yanks much more than they do us. Sure there is money and a good amount, but geo-politically, the Yanks don't need the hassle. Trump? Meh.
Alberta and Sask hooking up as a territory of the U.S would create a true energy powerhouse.Hassle?Energy security and a big stick.

Alberta and Sask hooking up as a territory of the U.S would create a true energy powerhouse.Hassle?Energy security and a big stick.

The US will have energy security without the hassle of getting involved in their Allies internal squabbles. Mind you anything is possible. US territories don't do well. It would have to be Statehood or independence.

The US will have energy security without the hassle of getting involved in their Allies internal squabbles. Mind you anything is possible. US territories don't do well. It would have to be Statehood or independence.
You mean Puerto Rico?

You mean Puerto Rico?

All of them. Guam is dissatisfied and has an independence movement and a drive for statehood. They want to join up with the North Mariana Islands in a push for independence or statehood. Peurto Rico has always been shafted as the poor folks on the island.

Those places don't have anything.We have plenty.Didnt Washington say something about waiting for ripe apples to drop?

If they are going ot separate, do it on their own. There is enough x Albertians in BC that I bet they would go along for the ride, depending on how much was offered. Still would be cheaper than paying for Quebec.
Quebec has done a lot of the leg work already, they just need to follow their legal example. Quebe has never left because it can't afford to do so. BC, ALberta and Sask can more than afford to do so. I bet they could easily mke a deal with China, India or other places for the oil. ANd everyone forgets that the beef industry in the prarie provinces is a multibillion dollar industry. 80% get shipped out of country already. That is a lot of revenue. Nevermind the crops.
Honestly if it wasn't for the fact that most Albertians really in their heart don't want to leave, it would be an advantage to leave.
If I see it coming, I will leave last minute, because I do not want to be here when the money is gone. Thank god I was born there, I should be allowed back, lol
Oh and I forgot to add, unlike other places when people in Alberta for the most part say they are going to do something, they do it. People need to remember that don't live there, that its a collection of people from somewhere else that left everything and moved there and started off with nothing. They are not scared in the same way of having to go out on their own. It taught into to you there because you experience it every day. That is why I never saw welfare, it was there, but no one would ever admit they were on it Same reason why I had the balls to pack up my shop and move it 2500 miles, and wasn't worried about failure, because I was taught that failure isn't an option.
So I hope that Trudeau doen't think its a joke, or he could be in for a bit of a surprise. Already people are changing where they buy their insurance and do business. They are moving to Alberta companies. And being an xALbertian I really don't blame them.
We get cut off at the pass when we go through the territory of another country.We have the Americans wanting a big cut,and they like their oil moving into the Deep South refineries.Their weather is apparently an advantage compared to Fort Mac in the winter.I am talking to a lot of Albertans that feel that leaving Canada is a no brainer.

Joining the U.S we adopt their currency.What is the exchange rate atm?

What Trudeau would try to do is claim that the First Nations don’t want to leave.Two things.Oil money and American money in general is bigger than whatever Trudeau can offer and nobody believes him anymore...Another thing...one person...one vote.
To try and claim any special rights would be racist.Sorry,that is so last century.:)

Sorbs,all the lefties on the coast.Now that weed is legalized,what do those people do for a living?