Going for a negative urine protein result

Sorbate

Board Dumbass
Trusted Member
So when I got bloodwork for my life insurance 4 months ago, I did a urine test as well. A few things had bothered me.

1. My creatine levels were at the high end, but I do have more muscle mass
2. My triglycerides were on the high end, but I am chalking that up to my drinking too much
3. I got a 3 on the urine protein test, Now 6 years ago right after a super heavy test and heavy tren cycle I got a negative result on that test (so 0 protein), so I want to get another negative.

My creatine to albumin ratio was good.

I decided maybe a bit of a lifestyle change should happen and allow my body to repair, get more healthy.

So 2 days ago I changed these items

Reduced to 125 mg of test prop a week

More cardio, less heavy weight training. I am only going to lift enough to maintain the mass I have now. Increase my cardio and greatly improve my lung capacity, plus lose a bit of weight.

Reduced my daily protein intake from 300 mg to 130ish mg

Take 600 mg of NAC a day

Take 500 mg astragulus root extract
I know I had taken this before and got hotter, but now that the weather is cooler I am not having that issue as much. I am warmer, but everything is cooler so its balancing.

Zero drinking until Christmas

Now after the positive protein test I bought some urine strips. I have been testing quite frequently and the color has pretty much been the same the whole time, showing trace, so I am pretty sure things were not progressing. I also did a bit of research and strenuous exercise and high protein diet can cause protein leakage, but anything under 14 is considered normal. I will assume the color of the stick is showing a 3. I take pictures of the strip under the same lighting and so on, so I can compare colors.

Well only after 2 days I did a urine strip test and its the lightest green ( lightest its ever been) almost yellow (yellow is negative). Now I know its only a short time, and could mean nothing, but I have also noticed less bubbles when I pee.

So instead of freaking myself out, I will only do the urine test once a week now on wednesdays. I got my fingers crossed that I will get a negative test in a couple weeks, or not, but I am not worried about a 3 as long as it doesn’t increase.

I was thinking as I age, maybe it would be a good idea to give my kidneys a break a couple times a year to get a break from the heavy lifting and the high protein.
I have done a lot of reading the last couple weeks, and from what I can gather, kidneys will recover as long as you don’t push them too far. I highly doubt I pushed them too far.

But I am running this experiment just for fun, to really see what these suplements can actually do or if they are a waste.

Last edited:
Ok finally after almost a month I finally got a negative protein test.

So even though its only one test, I am hopeful that it will continue on.
Here is a pic
7D87EFE2-0A2C-46F4-9E5B-224B7FAEFA34.jpeg
I used filtered water as a control for the color of the protein test. No protein in filtered water I would assume.

I guess Astragulus and NAC does do something.

In January I will get bloods done to check my triglycerides (which was at the top of the limit) now that I have cut my drinking down to once every 2 weeks.

My blood pressure has been 122/78 average with a resting heart rate of 65. Cardio is paying off for the resting heart rate

Getting myself healthy before my next cycle and I will only proceed as long as everything is as perfect as I can get. Next cycle will be in March.

I bought a better urine stip kit, this one is much more sensitive, and the app reads the Color’s so no confusion.

Well I knew I could get the negative protein test. Guess when it tested a 3 it may have been a sporadic leakage due to hard training or nac and astragulus really does work.

I guess foaming pee is normal for me (lol, poet and didn’t even know it)
E6C4E6DA-EEBC-4A3F-A85A-FA6602C4471B.png

I think from now on, I will run 1 bottle of Nac and the same time with Astragulus twice a year 6 months apart as a just because to help my kidneys while I run gear.

Next week I will go for my actual blood work and if everything is gtg, time to run a basic dbol test cycle and put on a bit of mass likely 3rd week in Jan. I should be at my goal weight then of how much fat I want to lose, or damn close, I have been losing about 1.5lbs a week. Figure I’ll do a tight bulk and look damn good for holidays.

The two things you need to test for is Microalbumin and 24 hour urine test to accurately test proteinuria

The two things you need to test for is Microalbumin and 24 hour urine test to accurately test proteinuria
The strip tests for micro albumin, I figure if its negative, no need for a 24 hour test.

But yes you are correct.

Testing negative for protein, I am pretty sure I don't have a proteinuria, even my other test where I got a 3 (up to 14 is considered normal) was likely caused by an extremely hard leg training session, but I get strange and then focus on something so I wanted perfect.

It is my flaw, but for business it is a plus to hyper focus, I have made so much extra profit because I would hyper focus on cutting costs and improving efficiency.

Just like my cholesterol, it was higher than 6 years ago, but still in optimal range, so i changed my diet to get it back to where it was (hopefully). My wife thinks I overreact.