Gladiator truck

Sorbate

Board Dumbass
Trusted Member
So I traded off my SRT Grande Cherokee. I needed a truck, but I really wasn’t into anything I saw, then Jeep came out with the Jeep truck.
I had to have one.
So I’ll break it in and then put a supercharger on it, not sure yet which type, positive displacement or centrifugal, depends on if I’ll do it myself.
That and a cat back.
I have a buddy that used a ProCharger and was pulling 380 hp at the rear wheels.
C6289F21-4925-4905-A0BF-A9AFD17ABD60.jpeg

Might want to look very closely at powertrain warranty guidelines before making modifications like that.
I dont have much experience with Chrysler warranty, but being in GM service department management, they have gotten very anal about mods. Any major component replacement or repair and i had to submit ECM and TCM calibrations to GM for review before receiving authorization to move forward. I had an engine replacement debited back because programmer was used to adjust for oversize tires, even though max torque output was OEM!
If added a blower or something like that, do it at the dealer and have something in writing showing that they will cover it. Something from Chrysler, not internal dealer coverage.

Positive displacement will have power pretty much anywhere even right off idle. The centrifugals are better up high. They need rpm to build boost. Better suited for drag racing imo where your in that 5000+ rpm range. the procharger would likely be a bit faster.. but the PD will have the torque you want in a truck, and tire shredding power. Ive had both and now ive gone turbo...lol. youll be happy either way..haha.. nice truck

Might want to look very closely at powertrain warranty guidelines before making modifications like that.
I dont have much experience with Chrysler warranty, but being in GM service department management, they have gotten very anal about mods. Any major component replacement or repair and i had to submit ECM and TCM calibrations to GM for review before receiving authorization to move forward. I had an engine replacement debited back because programmer was used to adjust for oversize tires, even though max torque output was OEM!
If added a blower or something like that, do it at the dealer and have something in writing showing that they will cover it. Something from Chrysler, not internal dealer coverage.
I’m a decent friend with the owner of a dodge Jeep retailer, I buy my vehicles from him. He put a ProCharger on his sons gladiator, so when I went to pick mine up on Monday, he met he at work (they were closed) and he brought his sons truck for me to beat on and see what I thought.
Anyhow I said to him what if I blow the tranny, he said not to worry about it, his son has beat the crap out of his truck for 40,000 km, no issues. I’ll get him to put something in writing.
I don’t normally keep a vehicle past 5 years, so normally 40,000 km by that time.
This guy supercharged his Jeep Grande Cherokee, 860 hp at the crank, he took out the transmission in that one. I guess they are only rated for 700 hp, lol.

I sell him meat, so he’s going to trade me meat for the blower and cat back, lol.

Positive displacement will have power pretty much anywhere even right off idle. The centrifugals are better up high. They need rpm to build boost. Better suited for drag racing imo where your in that 5000+ rpm range. the procharger would likely be a bit faster.. but the PD will have the torque you want in a truck, and tire shredding power. Ive had both and now ive gone turbo...lol. youll be happy either way..haha.. nice truck
Yeah I noticed that with his sons truck, really gathered power on the top end. I was thinking pd, but I bet the ProCharger will likely be easier on the tranny.

Yeah I noticed that with his sons truck, really gathered power on the top end. I was thinking pd, but I bet the ProCharger will likely be easier on the tranny.
The procharger might have a little less shock to the tranny when you jump on it. Not sure how many speed tranny that is.. but in the 6,7,8 and 10 speeds nowadays the prochargers work great because the rpms stay high

The procharger might have a little less shock to the tranny when you jump on it. Not sure how many speed tranny that is.. but in the 6,7,8 and 10 speeds nowadays the prochargers work great because the rpms stay high
8 speed. I guess the stock transmission is rated for 350 pounds of torque. So it should be fine, lol.
I think since it’s a rubicon, the tow rating is 7900lbs and the drivetrain was built up a bit to handle the extra tow weight.

Oh and the best part, I was drooling on his new Mclearen in his showroom, so he opens it up, says get in and tosses me the keys to start it up. Then tells me next time I come down, I can take it for a drive.
He said I could lease it for $2000 or so a month for 8 years, bwahaaa. Said leasing was a deal...

Oh and the best part, I was drooling on his new Mclearen in his showroom, so he opens it up, says get in and tosses me the keys to start it up. Then tells me next time I come down, I can take it for a drive.
He said I could lease it for $2000 or so a month for 8 years, bwahaaa. Said leasing was a deal...
Haha might be fun if he give it to you for 1 month for 2grand..lol .. it try it out, they are probably ridiculous

Haha might be fun if he give it to you for 1 month for 2grand..lol .. it try it out, they are probably ridiculous
Actually a bit scared. What if someone crashes into me. 250,000 now worth nothing because it was in an accident.
It actually scared me a bit when it fired up, redlines at 10,000 rpm.

I dumped a pile of money into my truck - F150 with the bigger 6 twin turbo before trading it in. I was allowed to do anything with air flow - cold air, exhaust, intercooler pipes, etc. but nothing to the computer programming or my warranty was voided. That was in writing from Ford.
I didn't have it done at the dealership and considering my mechanical skills, I went to a shop in town that specializes in doing this stuff but OK'd it with Ford in writing before. I too know the dealership owner but knew it would be Ford Canada that would be making a decision if something really expensive went.
Sounds like you are golden though @Sorbate if the dealer will give it to you in writing.

I dumped a pile of money into my truck - F150 with the bigger 6 twin turbo before trading it in. I was allowed to do anything with air flow - cold air, exhaust, intercooler pipes, etc. but nothing to the computer programming or my warranty was voided. That was in writing from Ford.
I didn't have it done at the dealership and considering my mechanical skills, I went to a shop in town that specializes in doing this stuff but OK'd it with Ford in writing before. I too know the dealership owner but knew it would be Ford Canada that would be making a decision if something really expensive went.
Sounds like you are golden though @Sorbate if the dealer will give it to you in writing.
Oh I know it will cancel the warranty. I may not supercharge it until after warranty is gone. I will exhaust, intake and tune it, but at least by tuning it I can turn it back to stock if something goes wrong. This way in 5 years, It will be like I have a new truck. 5 years I'll only have 30,000 k on this vehicle.

Reactions: Cog
Is it AWD or 4x4?

I used to own a grand cherokee overland that was AWD and I absolutely loved that AWD system. I think it was the quadra drive II.

Whatever you do will absolutely void a new car warranty. Everything does these days.

If your Jeep is connected via satellite for Nav, etc, then as soon as you chip it they will know and you'll get notified asap that your warranty is now void. If it has onstar or equivalent then an operator may even call into your vehicle to tell you. So be careful what you do.

Reactions: Cog
Whatever you do will absolutely void a new car warranty. Everything does these days.

If your Jeep is connected via satellite for Nav, etc, then as soon as you chip it they will know and you'll get notified asap that your warranty is now void. If it has onstar or equivalent then an operator may even call into your vehicle to tell you. So be careful what you do.
Where did you hear that? My car has nav and satellite and In no way is that connected to my tuning device, you cannot access any of that from satellite. In fact I can put my car back to stock and the only thing you will ever see is how many times the computer has been flashed.

The magnusson moss act also states that the manufacturer has to prove the performance part caused the failure. I definitely wouldn't want to go down that road because they would tear your car apart with a fine tooth comb. But it is there to protect us. But like others have said. Its all in your relationship with the dealer. Some will deny a claim for a intake, others dont care at 800hp.