getting a pardon

biglove

Trusted Member
Does anyone here have experience or can guide me in the right direction on where to start and how to go about it.

From what i been reading it doesn't seem like its a guaranty to get a pardon even if i apply, i don't want to pay a lawyer and be dinied.

My charges where big but the good thing is there where over 10 years ago and i hope that means something.

Thank you

if you have a John Howard Society near you, they will help you through the process. No fee.

Last edited:
I did one many moons ago. You can easily do it yourself. Just a lot of hoops to jump thru. Be patient and play their game.
No need to hire anyone. It sure is nice to be clean.
BTW I had some big charges too, included doing time

if you have a John Howard Society near you, they will help you through the process. No fee.
I will look into it appreciate the information .

thank you

I did one many moons ago. You can easily do it yourself. Just a lot of hoops to jump thru. Be patient and play their game.
No need to hire anyone. It sure is nice to be clean.
BTW I had some big charges too, included doing time
Am going to have to bug the gf and sister to help and see how it goes, i regret the life i lived as if i was clean i would have left this country at the start of this shit.

thank you for the reply brother

Good advice here above. Go it on your own. I had to get a pardon here in Canada...BUT if you have been in the States they know you have a record, and you will be not let in as well.
I got a pardon here in Canada, then got turned back at the border and then had to get a waiver to enter the states. Cost me about 8 grand in total and 2 years to get everything done.
Now when i go to The States i have to take a waiver letter everytime. I tried not presenting it once, just to see and i ended up in a backroom for a few hours, then i pulled it out and said, oh does this help? Presented my waiver letter and got a bunch of shit and told they needed it everytime upon entry. I have 3 photocopies and one laminated as it is serious business.

I applied paid around 3k total over 3 years to find out sorry no pardon for you
3k and 3 years waiting that's stupid, was there a reason you got denied , if it's not to much to ask .
Like i don't want to pay money and get denied that's stupid.

Good advice here above. Go it on your own. I had to get a pardon here in Canada...BUT if you have been in the States they know you have a record, and you will be not let in as well.
I got a pardon here in Canada, then got turned back at the border and then had to get a waiver to enter the states. Cost me about 8 grand in total and 2 years to get everything done.
Now when i go to The States i have to take a waiver letter everytime. I tried not presenting it once, just to see and i ended up in a backroom for a few hours, then i pulled it out and said, oh does this help? Presented my waiver letter and got a bunch of shit and told they needed it everytime upon entry. I have 3 photocopies and one laminated as it is serious business.
Last time i was in the state i was a kid and had no record, does that mean am in there system now and the no ?

That's to much money to go to the US

Last time i was in the state i was a kid and had no record, does that mean am in there system now and the no ?

That's to much money to go to the US
It is too much to go to the US, but to get to Maui in the states i had to and we own a part of a property in mexico and also sometimes have to go through american customs en route....

From what i understand, if you try to go through without a pardon first, like i did. They have access to your files here in Canada for having a criminal record. I got nailed at the border prior to my pardon, they printed me and took my picture and sent me back to Canada.
If pardoned, they dont know about it...from what i was told during the process.
I was in Windsor and going across on a shuttle to Detroit Airport as it was real cheap, and they made me walk back...Thank god i lived near the border and walked home. I guess i could have called a buddy or a cab, but i was pissed off as i was heading to Florida to hang out with a Hot nurse i met up in Canada here, and she thought i was lying to not have to go see her...FFS....;lol

3k and 3 years waiting that's stupid, was there a reason you got denied , if it's not to much to ask .
Like i don't want to pay money and get denied that's

Like i don't want to pay money and get denied that's stupid.
This was around 7-8 years ago I just recall getting a letter in the mail and scimming though the mumbo jumbo and near the end of the letter it saying my application was denied and that I could try again at a later date for a portion of what I'd already paid I remember being pissd off for a bit but chalked it up as a loss and forget about it

It seem complicated but i would have to ask for help from the gf and sister, i know lawyers are the worst to deal with as the only lie to get more money that's why it's scary using a company .

thank you

No not complicated at all. One step at a time, don't think this is something you can put together in one week and send it off.

First thing first get your fingerprints!

The more cities you've lived in for 3 months or longer, you have to contact each department individually with copies of your fingerprints

Attached to your FP is your record.

Last edited:
It is too much to go to the US, but to get to Maui in the states i had to and we own a part of a property in mexico and also sometimes have to go through american customs en route....

From what i understand, if you try to go through without a pardon first, like i did. They have access to your files here in Canada for having a criminal record. I got nailed at the border prior to my pardon, they printed me and took my picture and sent me back to Canada.
If pardoned, they dont know about it...from what i was told during the process.
I was in Windsor and going across on a shuttle to Detroit Airport as it was real cheap, and they made me walk back...Thank god i lived near the border and walked home. I guess i could have called a buddy or a cab, but i was pissed off as i was heading to Florida to hang out with a Hot nurse i met up in Canada here, and she thought i was lying to not have to go see her...FFS....;lol
From my understanding i would need a pardon and a waiver to enter the U.S .

Even with a pardon the still have u in the system there as the R C M P provide all data to FBI and the keep everything on back up in case of hacks.