Favourite Whiskey

It would be super fantastic if you fine gentlemen could also mention if these favs are best on the rocks or neat. I do not drink much these days but I would also love to expand my palette. I'm not interested in mixing or getting hammered with cheap shit.
Thanks.

It would be super fantastic if you fine gentlemen could also mention if these favs are best on the rocks or neat. I do not drink much these days but I would also love to expand my palette. I'm not interested in mixing or getting hammered with cheap shit.
Thanks.
Crown on the rocks is my preference.

Thanks.
I use only one cube. I drink mostly single malts. But a single cube takes the edge off and still allows you to taste the aromas an notes of your whiskey with diluting its flavour.

I will have to retract my earlier statement about not drinking whiskey.
due to the overwhelming peer pressure in this thread i bought a bottle of Glenfiddish this morning and have been sipping on it while putting my service truck together. I think 11am was a reasonable start time? Its keeping me warm at least.

I use only one cube. I drink mostly single malts. But a single cube takes the edge off and still allows you to taste the aromas an notes of your whiskey with diluting its flavour.
Have you tried the oversized cubes? I have the large square ones but not the round. For you connoisseurs, or gents that have everything and want to give someone a gift idea, check these out.

Had a bad night on whiskey as a teen. Can hardly stomach the smell of it anymore.

I've never really had good whiskey either.. Royal Reserve, JAck Daniels and Crown are the only whiskey I've tried.

Love whisky, mostly bourbon. Blantons, Woodford and Basil Hayden being my favourites. On a budget Makers or a bottle of Buffalo trace works just fine.

Crown- a double on the rocks (in the summer if it’s well deserved) Jack if I’m out (my bday or LITERALLY maybe one other night per year). I’ve always been more of a cocaine and heroin guy... (joke but not a joke 😂)

If I’m mixing 40 creek or jack

for sipping has to be Redbreast 15 year old Irish whiskey

My genetic predispositions do not mix well with whiskey.....well.....that actually depends on what we are interested in accomplishing I suppose.

Best to pass on the firewater or perhaps diversify.....

Bagua...... why is the rum always gone?

And where is Kinger in this thread? He’s a whiskey man.

Weisers is also a good one ! Love wiskey but even at 50 yrs old this stuff gets me acting like a teenager at a bush party.

My genetic predispositions do not mix well with whiskey.....well.....that actually depends on what we are interested in accomplishing I suppose.

Best to pass on the firewater or perhaps diversify.....

Bagua...... why is the rum always gone?

And where is Kinger in this thread? He’s a whiskey man.

Oh the rum.... whiskey/scotch is for my heritage, rum is for where I'm from :)

Thanks.

Single malts are either neat or limited rocks, or get whiskey stones..... anything else is sacrilegious ... we threw a guy out of a bar I worked at because he ordered a Lagvulin 16 with a side of 7up.... and proceeded to dump the 7 in the scotch.... bar manager reached over, took the drink and told him to get out lol.... and was serious.... so were we.... Scotsmen take their drink seriously hahahaha

Blended scotches are all about personal taste, some are good neat/rocks, some work better with some water or ginger ale ( or a whiskey ginger press)

Single malts are either neat or limited rocks, or get whiskey stones..... anything else is sacrilegious ... we threw a guy out of a bar I worked at because he ordered a Lagvulin 16 with a side of 7up.... and proceeded to dump the 7 in the scotch.... bar manager reached over, took the drink and told him to get out lol.... and was serious.... so were we.... Scotsmen take their drink seriously hahahaha

Blended scotches are all about personal taste, some are good neat/rocks, some work better with some water or ginger ale ( or a whiskey ginger press)
That Lagavulin 16 is fantastic!

Yamazaki 12yo, though its next to impossible to find it in Canada.

Winter times calls for Laphroaig Quarter Cask.