Ever just had enough

Sorbate

Board Dumbass
Trusted Member
I’m sorry but I’m throwing a pity party for myself.
Have you ever hit a point where you are just fed up. I don’t mean kill your self or anything, but just tired of shit not going half ass smoothly.

Novermber 2017, I got another colon infection, after that shit just went down hill until finally in Feb 2019 I got it repaired, so I was thinking, yeah couple months later I’ll be back to normal, no more pain and so on.
well since then I’ve had debilitating nerve pain that is pinched in scar tissue in the muscle attaching my shoulder blade to my spine. After 2 months now at least I’m not in constant pain, the scar tissue slowly going away. I was thinking, great I can slowly train again.
Well 2 weeks ago, an old lower back injury decided to come back. I was carrying a 100 lb pork loin box, putting it on the shelf, bent over my fucking lower back went out. Could barely bend over, massive pain, no sleep. Fucking like the neck pain all over again.

So I’ve been spending 2 times a week with the chiropractor/physio guy now for 2 months and it’s working, so he tells me that my hip muscle is locked up. I need to work it out, start training my abs, lol, damn.

So now I’m slowly healing, pain is slowly going away, but I’m so sick of being in pain, I’ve had brutal pain now of some sort for over a year now. I can’t get shit done around the house. I just feel like my life sucks. All I do is work, then stretch and go to sleep. I know my wife’s sick of me being sick and I don’t blame her.

I’m getting fucking fat, and everyone in my family is asking me when I’m going to put my muscle back on. Like fuck you, I’ll put it on when I can put my socks and underware on without groaning in fucking pain.

I just wanted to bitch, maybe you guys can share your crappy stories to make me feel better.

Yes I have. Pretty much my whole time in the military. We have all been in this situation. But it's up to each our own to do something about it. Life is what you(individual self) make it. Cheer up my brethren it too will pass.

I hear you Sorbate - You were an ear for me wondering about help for injuries, couldn't work out, etc.
Take your time, don’t worry about losing muscle or getting fat - I’m sure you are harder on yourself than anyone else would be.
I’ve read most of your posts and you are a good person - take some time to slowly get back. It’s better to be in less pain than ripper and huge - that’s my take, others may disagree but not at our age.
Let it out, vent - it is frustrating, fuck I hurt myself stretching a few times and that is not a joke.

You know all this anyway - back injuries are the worst - can’t sleep or put your socks on without pain but my physiotherapist says pelvic tilts are good 😉. Basically hump your way to health.

My wife has a 15 year old type 1 diabetic daughter. She forks out about $12000 a year on medical supplies. She claimed about $8000 last year. CRA just contacted her and wants proof of all claims made. She has MAYBE $2000 worth of receipts and proof. Like shit like syringes...suppose to have name of patient and doctor or some shit...since when do they ever hand you a box of syringes with that. So now she is freaking out that she will owe back thousands. It’s fucking brutal cause she bends over backwards for her daughter and keeping her healthy and now she feels like a criminal. Just an example of life shitting on us.

My wife has a 15 year old type 1 diabetic daughter. She forks out about $12000 a year on medical supplies. She claimed about $8000 last year. CRA just contacted her and wants proof of all claims made. She has MAYBE $2000 worth of receipts and proof. Like shit like syringes...suppose to have name of patient and doctor or some shit...since when do they ever hand you a box of syringes with that. So now she is freaking out that she will owe back thousands. It’s fucking brutal cause she bends over backwards for her daughter and keeping her healthy and now she feels like a criminal. Just an example of life shitting on us.
Wait. I though Canada had universal health care. What is happening?

Now that sucks because CRA does not give a fuck and they have been given a directive to find money. I’ve had a few strange questions about home and work from then since Trudeau got in and started to blow money. Anyhow ignore my CRA rant, I put the tinfoil hat on, lol.

I hear you Sorbate - You were an ear for me wondering about help for injuries, couldn't work out, etc.
Take your time, don’t worry about losing muscle or getting fat - I’m sure you are harder on yourself than anyone else would be.
I’ve read most of your posts and you are a good person - take some time to slowly get back. It’s better to be in less pain than ripper and huge - that’s my take, others may disagree but not at our age.
Let it out, vent - it is frustrating, fuck I hurt myself stretching a few times and that is not a joke.

You know all this anyway - back injuries are the worst - can’t sleep or put your socks on without pain but my physiotherapist says pelvic tilts are good 😉. Basically hump your way to health.

Did that Friday afternoon, and my back felt better for a couple hours, lol.

Feel for you man. In the past 2 years or so ive had multiple shitty injuries. Not enough to keep me from lifting but enough to really fuck up my progress. Im worried about the day when something happens and i cant train at all. I know im going to get so fat when that happens

Yep life sure sucks at times. But in the end things tend to sort themselves out. Getting older sucks and sadly just gets worse. I which I had positive encouragement for you.

Wait. I though Canada had universal health care. What is happening?

Universal Health Care Canadian style. Each Province is responsible for spending allocated funds. Depending on where you live in Canada and your income, age or disabilities, you can get a percentage of your prescriptions covered. If you save receipts you can get a percentage back. You are dealing with CRA so you have to be almost perfect with what you save.

Two knee replacements, a torn Achilles tendon and an arthritic hip. Torn abs from sternum to naval. A pinched nerve in T3 or 4 that hassles me at times. Lower back goes out occasionally but I work the crap out of my lower back. I've broken my ribs and both feet and my nose doesn't function any longer it has been banged up so much. That is enough for now.

Two knee replacements, a torn Achilles tendon and an arthritic hip. Torn abs from sternum to naval. A pinched nerve in T3 or 4 that hassles me at times. Lower back goes out occasionally but I work the crap out of my lower back. I've broken my ribs and both feet and my nose doesn't function any longer it has been banged up so much. That is enough for now.

This would make a very poor introduction on a dating site. Lol.

Damn

Geez your an ol tomcat

I’m sorry but I’m throwing a pity party for myself.
Have you ever hit a point where you are just fed up. I don’t mean kill your self or anything, but just tired of shit not going half ass smoothly.

Novermber 2017, I got another colon infection, after that shit just went down hill until finally in Feb 2019 I got it repaired, so I was thinking, yeah couple months later I’ll be back to normal, no more pain and so on.
well since then I’ve had debilitating nerve pain that is pinched in scar tissue in the muscle attaching my shoulder blade to my spine. After 2 months now at least I’m not in constant pain, the scar tissue slowly going away. I was thinking, great I can slowly train again.
Well 2 weeks ago, an old lower back injury decided to come back. I was carrying a 100 lb pork loin box, putting it on the shelf, bent over my fucking lower back went out. Could barely bend over, massive pain, no sleep. Fucking like the neck pain all over again.

So I’ve been spending 2 times a week with the chiropractor/physio guy now for 2 months and it’s working, so he tells me that my hip muscle is locked up. I need to work it out, start training my abs, lol, damn.

So now I’m slowly healing, pain is slowly going away, but I’m so sick of being in pain, I’ve had brutal pain now of some sort for over a year now. I can’t get shit done around the house. I just feel like my life sucks. All I do is work, then stretch and go to sleep. I know my wife’s sick of me being sick and I don’t blame her.

I’m getting fucking fat, and everyone in my family is asking me when I’m going to put my muscle back on. Like fuck you, I’ll put it on when I can put my socks and underware on without groaning in fucking pain.

I just wanted to bitch, maybe you guys can share your crappy stories to make me feel better.

Yes sir, been down that path for a couple years lol... Was just aweful every single day nothing getting better and every time you try to do something, you just hurt something new and that new injury just doesn't heal either.

I would suggest a vacation, but I think you just got back from one.

Even so, it does me well to go camping for a few days.

I don't feel so bad for myself after reading this thread lol.
But all kidding aside, keep at it.

Uve had some pretty debilitating injuries, broken most of my bones (including neck)
currently a herniated disk
Torn ACL and meniscus etx etc

It's funny, but GH has improved my qaulity of life substantially.
The cycles help out of course, as long as I don't overdo it.
It's crazy how much your situation can improve with the right drugs and a physiotherapist

Cool we are doing lists to make @Sorbate feel better...

Degenerative C3 and C4, 12 broken noses ( surgically rebuilt twice), torn rotator, dislocated elbow twice (was too stubborn to tap), countless broken fingers and toes, torn lcl, 3 broken ribs, tore the right oblique off the hip bone once (that one sucked), punctured ear drum (that was crazy vertigo). Fractured skull and 7 confirmed concussions. In my Defense these were spread over 30 years. Lol feel better Sorbs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool we are doing lists to make @Sorbate feel better...

Degenerative C3 and C4, 12 broken noses ( surgically rebuilt twice), torn rotator, dislocated elbow twice (was too stubborn to tap), countless broken fingers and toes, torn lcl, 3 broken ribs, tore the right oblique off the hip bone once (that one sucked), punctured ear drum (that was crazy vertigo). Fractured skull and 7 confirmed concussions. In my Defense these were spread over 30 years. Lol feel better Sorbs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jesus @Oldguyjiujitsu you’re one tough dude!
That’s the Newfie in ya Lol

Universal Health Care Canadian style. Each Province is responsible for spending allocated funds. Depending on where you live in Canada and your income, age or disabilities, you can get a percentage of your prescriptions covered. If you save receipts you can get a percentage back. You are dealing with CRA so you have to be almost perfect with what you save.
ahhhh... gotcha!! Things I should know. Thank you!