Drugstore blood pressure cuffs

Durk

Trusted Member
I sometimes take my bp when I’m in shoppers DM and it’s always in the range of 124/70 this morning I took it and same thing. Tonight I was in Walmart and twice it was 160/90. What gives lol are these machines accurate? I don’t know which one to believe

Wait 20 minutes but also your arm might be too big. Body builders usually need the extra large cuff and if it's too small it usually reads high.

did you sit down for 20 mins before checking?
It’s not like I was active in the last couple of hours before I drove there and walked over to it. I’m in ok shape, don’t easily get out of breath.

Arms aren’t huge 17 inch.

I did drink a coffee today around lunch. I usually don’t because I can’t handle it. For some reason a pop or red bull is fine, but coffee really fucks with me. I did t think it would last this long after, but that could be the reason. I still feel a bit caffeinated all these hours later lol

I will try again tomorrow without a coffee lol

I got one of those Amazon ones but it always reads way lower than the doctors. I don’t trust it.

It’s not like I was active in the last couple of hours before I drove there and walked over to it. I’m in ok shape, don’t easily get out of breath.

Arms aren’t huge 17 inch.

I did drink a coffee today around lunch. I usually don’t because I can’t handle it. For some reason a pop or red bull is fine, but coffee really fucks with me. I did t think it would last this long after, but that could be the reason. I still feel a bit caffeinated all these hours later lol

I will try again tomorrow without a coffee lol

I got one of those Amazon ones but it always reads way lower than the doctors. I don’t trust it.
White coat syndrome when you are at the doctors. I always read higher than my home machine then when at the doctors.

I use my machine more to give a guideline. So lets say I am always 127/80, if 2 months into a decent cycle I am 140/90 then I take some black seed oil or reduce my doses.

I use it more to look for increases.

If you think its your arm size making a mess of the machine, try your forearm. Most machines are only designed for 13" arms.

And those machines are not very accurate, one I use at a grocery store always shows me 110/60, which I know I am not near that, lol.

That's interesting. I got a "higher" reading a couple days ago at one of these machines. 1 was 150/90, did it again and next was 145/90 or around there 17 inch arms. Freaked me out a bit. I dont feel bad or anything and only a moderate/low dose of test.

Should probably buy one of those machines for home.

I don't even have big arms but every time I'm in the doctors office they have to use the bigger cuff.

I don't even have big arms but every time I'm in the doctors office they have to use the bigger cuff.
When I was like 28 I went to the hospital for something and I told the nurse that she will need a bigger cuff and she scoffed at me and said she uses that one on bigger people than me, she tried 2x and the velcro came undone both times before she got the big one.
So I’m not the only one who keep forcing it into the cuff to see if it will fit, lol.
I just like tight holes lol. The first time I pushed my arm in I was worried I'd get stuck.

When I was like 28 I went to the hospital for something and I told the nurse that she will need a bigger cuff and she scoffed at me and said she uses that one on bigger people than me, she tried 2x and the velcro came undone both times before she got the big one.

I just like tight holes lol. The first time I pushed my arm in I was worried I'd get stuck.
Maybe fatty arms are easier than muscular arms for bp. Just like the Walmart machine I figured it would be ok since the average creature lurking through Walmart weighs about 250+, but probably at 50% bf

I have an OMRON unit for home use. I find that the first 2 or 3 readings, regardless of rest time, are always high. 3rd and subsequent reading are stable.